• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can we get breakfast without characters?

bostonheart

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan a breakfast or two for my husband and I. He doesn't like dining with the characters :confused3 so I am wondering what are options are. Either buffet or table service, thanks!

Edited to add, that I am looking for restaurants in the parks, especially MK and Epcot.

Also...are there counter service breakfast options? We can't remember what we ate in the morning AT ALL last trip.

Thanks

Erin

DH and I loved Kona Cafe. You can also look at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Both are quiet and at resorts (and WITHOUT Characters).

As far as buffets, Boma is an option at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

There are a ton of counter service options in and out of the parks.

HTH.

I have the same problem, my soon-to-be husband does not want to dine with characters. After hearing good reviews, I booked Boma. I also booked Whispering Canyon at the WLodge. WC is loud and silly but he said that was fine just no characters.

I would love to hear other suggestions.

Epcot has Sunshine Seasons in the Land and the Magic Kingdom has the Main Street Bakery, both counter service and both wonderful. I would highly recommend the chocolate croissant or the cinnamon rolls in the bakery. Yum! Have a great trip!

I'm in the same boat. Most of our breakfasts will be at our resorts (ASMU and POFQ) but I plan to make ADRs for Boma and Kona. We have done Kona before and loved it but this will be our first time at Boma for breakfast.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I know you said you wanted some place in the park, BUT, I would really suggest Kona Cafe at the Poly. You can jump right on the monorail after breakfast and head over to MK or Epcot. The food there is so tasty! TONGA TOAST!

Fresh at the dolphin or The Wave at the Contempary.

Enjoy!

Options are limited for non-character in the park, especially MK. We enjoy the Main Street Bake Shop because they do have some decent selections for a quick breakfast ("quick" depending on the line)... If you want a sit-down breakfast, go for Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, or The Wave. They are just a short ride away on the monorail. At the Poly, you could also go to Captain Cook's Snack Company (they have the tonga toast also available at Kona!)

At Epcot you can get breakfast at Sunshine Seasons in The Land. You could also go to the Boardwalk for breakfast... the Boardwalk Bakery, Spoodles (although we were not big fans of this place for breakfast, maybe it's better now). Also, Captain's Grille over at the Yacht Club. All a short walk thru the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter