Where can we fish?

KarenW

DIS Veteran
I know some rules have changed so where can we fish now? Still behind the Medows Trading post? We will be there tomorrow for a few days before heading to Blue Springs and the kids would really like to fish. Thank you!

Last we heard you can fish from the dock behind the MTP and that is the only place.

You can also fish behind the 300 loop on the canal ( not the pond near the dog park) as long as you stay behind the rope fence. You can also fish at group camping in the canal at the car parking lot as long as you stay behind the rope fence. These two places and the dock behind the Meadows Store are the only 3 places you can fish at the Fort.

You can also fish behind the 300 loop on the canal ( not the pond near the dog park) as long as you stay behind the rope fence. You can also fish at group camping in the canal at the car parking lot as long as you stay behind the rope fence. These two places and the dock behind the Meadows Store are the only 3 places you can fish at the Fort.
Thanks for the updated info. How far is the fence from the edge of the canal?

Denise its about 6 feet right now but the water levels are very low since there has been no rain in central Florida since the hurricane. When the canals are full its about 3 feet. The grass and weeds are grown up on the water side of the fence and they have not appeared to cut it since the fence was installed. The fence actually looks okay but the grass and weeds looks terrible.

I know some rules have changed so where can we fish now? Still behind the Medows Trading post? We will be there tomorrow for a few days before heading to Blue Springs and the kids would really like to fish. Thank you!

How about cards at the kitchen table ("No, go fish").

So no fishing in that big blue pond over by the meadows??? I always see folks over there.

:rotfl2:

So no fishing in that big blue pond over by the meadows??? I always see folks over there.

:rotfl2:

I caught a whopper of an Arkansasian about a year ago out of there. Hooked an Illinoian that same trip but it broke my line when it got wrapped up on the ladder. Hardest part about fishing there is keeping the critters out of the bait bucket.

I caught a whopper of an Arkansasian about a year ago out of there. Hooked an Illinoian that same trip but it broke my line when it got wrapped up on the ladder. Hardest part about fishing there is keeping the critters out of the bait bucket.
And the smaller ones sure do squirm a lot...

I like the "Pre-cooked" ones in the pond of to the side! Saves some time in cooking but usually you are stuck with the "Older" ones which tend to be a bit tougher! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter