Where can my son fish at WDW?

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
My son is at the moment obessed with fishing. He has fished a few times with his Dad but to be honest he is a beginner. He is 11 yrs old.

This trip my DH is not coming, therefore no one can help him.

We are staying at POR and I know they have this cane fishing Thing. but also read online that WDW offers bass fishing ( boat ) or over at Ft. Wilderness. you can rent rods, bait..

my questions are:

1. how much do These cost?
2. is there some one that can help him? He knows rods, i think, but I cannot help if he catches anything or put live bait on.. yuck!!!

where we live there really are no fishing opportunities, so this is like something really Special.

ps... has anyone fished off of Pier 60 in Clearwater? that is also an Option.. just Need to make sure others are around to help if he catches something.

My son was the same as yours so we rented a bass fishing boat a couple of years back for a morning. They take care of everything! Baiting, removal of fish and they know where the best spots are. The guides we have had were all awesome. We go now every trip and Once went twice!

We have fished on Seven Seas Lagoon, Bay Lake, at Caribbean Beach and in Epcot before it opened, as well as in front of Hollywood studios. This next trip, they will be fishing on the lake by Disney Springs. I sit back and enjoy a relaxing morning on the water.

Incidentally, we tried the cane fishing several times and never got so much as a nibble. I wouldn't waste time with it. However, be prepared to catch a ton of fish with the excursion... I think it has ruined my boys for the real experience of waiting... and waiting...

Last edited:
My son is at the moment obessed with fishing. He has fished a few times with his Dad but to be honest he is a beginner. He is 11 yrs old.

This trip my DH is not coming, therefore no one can help him.

We are staying at POR and I know they have this cane fishing Thing. but also read online that WDW offers bass fishing ( boat ) or over at Ft. Wilderness. you can rent rods, bait..

my questions are:

1. how much do These cost?
2. is there some one that can help him? He knows rods, i think, but I cannot help if he catches anything or put live bait on.. yuck!!!

where we live there really are no fishing opportunities, so this is like something really Special.

ps... has anyone fished off of Pier 60 in Clearwater? that is also an Option.. just Need to make sure others are around to help if he catches something.

Pier 60 is very good fishing! ! But you have to get there super early to park and you need a credit card for the machines. You can rent rods and buy bait there. There's snack food for people at the pier and a McDonald's about a mile away. There aren't people to really help. But the locals are great and often offer up advice.

Cane pole fishing is fun at POR! But the fish are seriously over fed. We did catch once.

There's a fish camp of Boggy Creek Road that rents boats but I'm not sure if it you'd need licenses or not. It might not be a private lake.

The Skyway in St. Pete is $4/person. Not sure if they rent rods, but they have bait.

The fishing excursions at Disney are guided. They are costly. But I think they provide everything you need.

The cane pole fishing at POR is the easiest if you're staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter