• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can I get the Best Ribs!!!

kmarie99

Mouseketeer
We are heading to WDW in the beginning of February and are looking for suggestions on where we can get the best Ribs (Pork not Beef) on Property. :confused3

Hoop Dee Doo and the Spirit of Aloha Luau both offer pork ribs. My family like the ribs at Hoop Dee Doo better.

There are a also pork ribs at Planet Hollywood, Whispering Canyon, and Big River Grille.

For counter service there are ribs at Flametree BBQ, Cosmic Ray's, Fairfax Fare, and I think at Yak and Yeti.

Rainforest Cafe also has ribs.

Edited: Yak and Yeti does serve ribs, but we ate those at the sit down restaurant, the counter service did not offer them on our last visit.

We are heading to WDW in the beginning of February and are looking for suggestions on where we can get the best Ribs (Pork not Beef) on Property. :confused3

Yak and Yeti has delicious baby back ribs - sweet BBQ sauce, very lean and tender... maybe the best ribs I've ever had. The ribs at Spirit of Aloha and Hoop Dee Doo were very good.

I had ribs at SciFi Diner in 2009 and they were very fatty... same for Whispering Canyon's ribs on the skillet in 2010.

I can't answer for counter service places... but many people post they like the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom Park.

House Of Blues in Downtown Disney has the best ribs we've ever had anywhere! Big River Grill ribs were meh.

For ribs in the parks Flame Tree has pretty decent ones. Still, nothing really beats the ribs at House Of Blues.

Two Words:

Yak and Yeti.

(Or is that three?)

Fantastic ribs. Love them. I've had them three times. The first time I was wowed. The second time I was a little disappointed. The third time I was wowed again. Maybe the good cook was on vacation that middle time. :)

Two Words:
Yak and Yeti.
(Or is that three?)
Fantastic ribs. Love them. I've had them three times. The first time I was wowed. The second time I was a little disappointed. The third time I was wowed again. Maybe the good cook was on vacation that middle time. :)

DW is always kind enough to let me try her entrees and I do the same. I got a taste of the baby back ribs at Yak and Yeti... but then she gave me a look that clearly said... "Don't even think about it".

If you like chicken wings - the appetizer was really good too.

Ribs
ry%3D480

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D480

Last week, DH had pork ribs at Paridiso 37 in Downtown Disney. He loves ribs and said they were very good! The guys in our group wanted to find a place to hang out and watch football, and kind of wandered in here to find a tv and said all the food was really good and service was great.

DW is always kind enough to let me try her entrees and I do the same. I got a taste of the baby back ribs at Yak and Yeti... but then she gave me a look that clearly said... "Don't even think about it".

Ribs
ry%3D480

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D480

Just made ressies for Yak & YEti for our next trip in 3 weeks! Can't say I had ONE BAD thing there- EVER!

Ribs
ry%3D480

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D480

Please tell me there's another slab of ribs underneath that one--it's looks like you have 1/4 rack for $24.99!!! :)

T-Rex also serves ribs. Pretty typical chain restaurant ribs. Probably similar to Rain Forest.

Yak and Yeti, they were amazing!

We also love the ribs on the Cape May Clambake buffet, they are very tender and the sauce is excellent

Please tell me there's another slab of ribs underneath that one--it's looks like you have 1/4 rack for $24.99!!! :)

I just talked with DW... she says it was one rack of ribs (none underneath) but they were "thick". She just said the ribs were "phenomenal". I don't know... looks like one underneath in the photo... but our memory is not always great...... yummy nevertheless!

Like everything at Disney, overpriced. I figure the dining plan results in about a 39% savings overall, so that makes $25 to be $15. I'd pay $15 at home just for some carry out ribs about that much from a decent place. I remember the portion looking good.

After having appetizers, our entrees, and dessert... we were both stuffed.

I had those ribs at Y&Y three weeks ago and WOW!! Delish and fell of the bone...literally. My plate had another slab (looks like the second is hiding under the first in that photo) and I was soooooo full that I gave some away to my BIL. I thought the serving was pretty generous.

:thumbsup2

My husband tells me that the ribs at Trails End Buffet were very good. We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal there and he had the ribs and fried chicken instead of turkey with all the fixins.

Whipering Canyon = all you can eat ribs. I think they're great and you can "supplement" with other meats/sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter