Where can I get alcohol?

alafurtado

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Staying on site without our own transportation - would like to get a bottle for cocktails at the end of the day...Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? I know we could get beer or wine delivered from garden grocer, but we are looking to have some mixed drinks :) Does MCO have a liquor store by any chance? Do I need to just grab a cab from the resort? Or should we take a cab from the airport rather than ME? We do need to grab waters and such as well, so I am leaning this way. Any idea of the cost of a cab from MCO to CBR?

TIA

You can look up cab fare at taxifarefinder.com Off the top of my head, I would say it's around $60.

You may be able to buy hard liquor at your resort. You can definitely buy it at Epcot. What are you looking for?

All the resort gift shops that I've stayed at had bottles of liquor (at a higher price than regular stores, but less than buying a drink at a bar of course!). Also wines are not bad prices really.
You can buy a liter of vodka for about $20 at Norway in Epcot, but they will have you pick it up (allowing at least 3 or 4 hours minimum transit time) at the entrance of the park (they won't let you walk through the park with it). I've seen tequila in Mexico, but never priced it.
You could use Uber from the resort to a store, but they won't pick up at the airport. At taxi runs $50 or so (town car services will do a grocery stop on the way to your resort - sometimes that is a nice option rather than using magical express, as they'll meet you in baggage pickup and help you with your luggage).

(town car services will do a grocery stop on the way to your resort - sometimes that is a nice option rather than using magical express, as they'll meet you in baggage pickup and help you with your luggage).

But they won't take you to a liquor store.

Some (I think most) town car services don't give you a choice. They stop where they want to stop.

They have a suggestion, but I always told them which Target on the way to stop at. One wanted to stop at Gooding's. UGH what a dump that place was (but at least you can get liquor next door, so one trip we did that since I only needed alcohol and some juice boxes, water, and Parmalat milk.

What about the airport? I always see duty free shops and I only travel domestically. Couldn't you just grab your bottle at MCO to take to the resort?

I see that there is only one duty free shop and it is in Airside 1. There are 2 more Airsides without Duty Free shops and it looks like you cannot go between them.

We always take a private car...the first two times they were curbside, last time we had to go tona desk and they called it and it arrived within ten minutes.anyway they always include a free 15 minute stop of your choice...we stop at publix for water, beer, soda (pepsi is my drink of choice) and some breakfast stuff like.muffins and fruit. well worth the stop to save money. Oh and publix also sells styrofoam coolers for about $4 each..we usually but two and my husband keeps them full with ice from the hotel.machine.

I think I will be taking a bottle of wine in my suitcase and a corkscrew so I have something at the end of the night.

First let me say that I always "Cringe" when I hear of "Subjects" like the one for this thread. In my mind Alcohol and Disney really aren't a good mix. That's just my opinion. No I am not a prude, I like a good beer or mixed drink, but when I think of "Disney" I think of a happy CHILDhood which is (generally speaking) without alcohol.

Just had to get that off my chest.
Now... Onto another comment.
Some (I think most) town car services don't give you a choice. They stop where they want to stop.
IF I am paying for a car, taxi, or service, I cannot imagine them saying "No, I will not take you to the liquor store" (or something along those lines. My response to that would be, "Okay, next service."

That's like going to Mc Donalds and saying "I'd Like a large Fry" and them telling you "No Sir, you don't need fries, perhaps a nice gogurt instead?" Not what I am paying for.

My best recommendation is use that space in your suitcase for things you need to bring back with you and bring it from home.

You can ship anything from anywhere to the resort and there are online liquor stores (but I'm not sure what florida law is for internet liquor purchases, the online stores will tell you if they can).
I forget which rental car company but there is one that has some cars in resort parking lots. It is less than a taxi.

First let me say that I always "Cringe" when I hear of "Subjects" like the one for this thread. In my mind Alcohol and Disney really aren't a good mix. That's just my opinion. No I am not a prude, I like a good beer or mixed drink, but when I think of "Disney" I think of a happy CHILDhood which is (generally speaking) without alcohol.

Just had to get that off my chest.
Now... Onto another comment.

Grown people want an adult beverage in a hotel room. That's not considered a travesty by most folks.

Grown people want an adult beverage in a hotel room. That's not considered a travesty by most folks.
I know it's not a travesty, but when I think of Disney, Booze is not the first, second or 10th thought that comes to mind. I am not opposed to Alcohol (or even alcohol at Disney), it's just when I see subjects like that, for me, it takes some of the magic away for me. Granted it's brief, but it's there.

I enjoy a good beer (or 3) too and I like a mixed drink as well, particularly with a good meal. I (personally) just prefer to keep those things low key, at least at Disney, that's all. Wasn't trying to judge and I am sorry if it came off that way.

Booze is generally at least fifth on my mind when I am on vacation, anywhere. They aren't talking about getting schnockered, just having a drink without having to spend $10 at the bar per drink. I am putting booze and wine in my second suitcase that I get with SWA. A nightcap while on vacation is the perfect end to a perfect day for me. Online liquor stores shipping it to the resort is an interesting idea actually. Wonder if they would ship me Pinot Bianco.. I can't buy it where I live.

You could just mail it to your resort yourself ahead of time. I don't know if that would be more or less expensive than paying an online store to do it, but Disney lets you ship things to your hotel up to a week before you check in I believe.

You can buy most liquor in Disney shop in resort. It's not to overly priced. Or get a taxi to abc store.

You can get hard liquor at Disney but that can be pricey. You can take your chances and mail some down to you. One time we did this. We put what we wanted in plastic bottles and vacuumed sealed them so it would not leak. I am guessing you could always use UBER, they are normally cheap, but I am not sure if they can get onto Disney property (thought I don't know why they wouldn't because they let cabs on). If it is just wine you are looking for you can got to Germany in Epcot and buy it by the bottle. Also fun tip if you are going to drink wine there you can buy a bottle and open it, because that is WAY cheaper then buying by the glass. You could also head over to Whole Foods, which is not far at all and they have a great selection of wine and beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter