Where Can I Get A PT Job At?

I tried Pampered Chef when I wanted to make some extra $$ with flexible hours and I found it was costing me more than it was making. Unless you have a good base to start, people you know will do shows that you can build on, it's really tough to keep it going. And with the current economy, it's getting harder to run those kinds of businesses because people don't want to have parties. They're trying to save any way they can and the home parties just aren't about saving.

I actually do work a part-time job and I also don't start until 6:00. And when I was looking, my availability at night was limited to 6-10, so you've got an extra hour on me. Check out local retail stores. Especially now with kids going back to school, they're not going to be able to work late hours. I work at Off Broadway Shoes. I'm the only adult who works the night shift and they are thrilled that I can do that, especially now that the other part-timers are all heading back to school and have various activities that they are doing, so they aren't available at night. I've already been told that I'll probably be working during the week and getting weekends off since the kids are only available on the weekends now.

Check for any new stores that might be opening in your area. Go in and talk to the managers of stores. Yes, many places have online applications, which I think get lost in the shuffle somewhere. So I think walking into a place and asking to speak to the manager can actually help you find the right fit for you and find out about positions that you may not have even known were available.

My mom works at Walmart and they want you to have full availability, so if you put on your application you have restricted hours they will probably not call you. My friend used to work at Target stocking so maybe other stores as a stock clerk, such as Meijer or Kohls. Or someone else mention Borders or B&N too.

Is it worth it to have a PT job that is most weeks only 1 day, if it completely prevents you from getting something else that would pay more hours (money)?

Is it worth it to have a PT job that is most weeks only 1 day, if it completely prevents you from getting something else that would pay more hours (money)?

To me, yes I think it's worth sticking out. I'm the senior sub so that means I'm next in line for a full time position. And in our area, you will not beable to find a full time job that pays 17.98/hr. unless you have a college education.

Are you an RCA or a Casual? If so, talk to your postmaster about also working at another office as a Casual for more hours.

I'm guessing your at a really small office if you're only get 1 day a week as a non-career. Back when I was with the USPS, our RCAs all worked as Casuals also, which increased their hours.

If you're a PTF, what craft are you in? You might want to talk to your union steward to make sure that they aren't working any casuals, RCAs or TE's when you could be working.

I was a PTF mailhandler, then a PTF machine clerk, and finally a FT Regular manual/box clerk before I left the USPS.

I'm a RCA carrier. I did work at my mom's office carrying her route but me and the PM didn't see eye to eye at the end. I have called other offices but since the last mail count, allot of the offices don't need help because of the routes being cut. (Everyone got screwed on that deal) So now I'm trying to find something from the PO. I'm senior sub so I don't want to throw that away by quitting and finding another job.

As for the other posters, thanks for the replies. I have waitressed before so that would be new to me. I will have to see who is hiring for that in our area. I am going to put my application in at Home Depot and Lowes.

I know I have restricted hours and that's the main reason why I haven't gotten any calls but you know I talked to a manager at WM about what hours they were hiring for. Of course she said part time evening shift from like 5-11 or some where around those hours. So when she told me that, I thought I had it. But still no call. Keep the ideas coming and thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter