Where can I get a Nintendo WII

If you go to wal-mart you can ask the electronics employee to look up on the computer who has them in stock. They can tell you what all walmart stock is within 100 mile radius with no problem. They can then call the one of your choice that has them and they will hold it for a couple of hours for you.

In the last 6 months we have done this 3 times and it works every time. Most recently did so just 2 days ago.

I'd call to confirm first but usually they have like 25 in stock on opening on sundays

My sister went to our local TRU this morning at 9:00 and was able to get a Wii she had #173 on the paper they hand you as you walk thru the door.

I got one today, FINALLY at TRU. I've been trying to get one for about 2 months! I went to TRU today around 8:45am. When I pulled up there was a HUGE line. I figured there was no way I was getting one. I got in line anyways and was handed a ticket #75. There were only 77 WII's!!! I was so happy. Everyone was talking about how they've been there all night. They couldn't believe I got there so late and was able to score one! I also got WII Play, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, and Smackdown Vs. Raw (which I will be exchanging for something else late in the week). When I got handed that ticket though, I swear it felt as if I had won the lottery. I was dancing around and calling everyone in my phonebook. My kids, hubby (and myself), will be so excited on xmas morning!!

Over the last two weeks I have been calling Walmart, Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy trying to track down a WII for my 3 year old son and 8 year old daughter for Christmas. Any suggestions on how I can find one?

I live in Collegeville and I got one at the new Game Stop by the new Target/Giant Shopping center.

After 3 weeks of looking here (taking off from work, showing up late, etc.) and my brother looking in KY (doing the same things), I finally ordered mine off from eBay. I just don't have the time to be at the stores when the shipments come in. I did get an extra controller and figured out that after the tax and the extra controller, I only ended up paying $63 more than I would have in the store. Not ideal but it means I don't have to worry anymore. My oldest DS (11) who I have been trying to convince for weeks not to ask Santa said, "Oh, Santa will bring one. I'm not worried." It was a deal breaker and I have a 6 year old who was convinced. So, yes, I panicked but I have one and if I happen along another one, mine will be going on eBay. Happy hunting!

P.S. If you do decide to go the eBay route, they are steadily going up in price. I gave up on the bidding and did the Buy It Now thing. They are about $25 more today than they were on Friday.

I'd call to confirm first but usually they have like 25 in stock on opening on sundays

My sister went to our local TRU this morning at 9:00 and was able to get a Wii she had #173 on the paper they hand you as you walk thru the door.

I had the unfortunate experience of being at Target at opening last Sunday. (My husband needed a belt and socks to wear to a party we had to go to on Sunday, and informed me of this on Saturday night. :headache: - Target opened earlier than anyone else)
Anyhow...couldn't believe what I saw. Apparently they re-stock on Sat night and generally have some sort of Wii supply on Sunday mornings. People are downright crazy! They run you down when the door opens, throw elbows and curse like sailors. Make sure you find out ahead of time which door they unlock first and park yourself in front of it EARLY!

Good luck - I could never do it. If it came to that, I would use that opportunity to teach my son a lesson in dealing with disappointment and introduce him to a new friend named the "Valentine Fairy" :rotfl2:

We went to Target first this morning (for opening), they didn't get any... DH then went over to Toys R Us where there was a line formed, he was #21 and it was around 8am....

He got his and in fact the clerk gave him a second ticket... I said don't buy a second one! So he gave it back.... Our store was rumored to have 100, this was in Nashua, NH....

We were at the TJ MAxx today in Framingham MA and they had WII bundles for $399. I do not know if it just some TJ MAxx locations but you may want to check it out.

If you go to wal-mart you can ask the electronics employee to look up on the computer who has them in stock. They can tell you what all walmart stock is within 100 mile radius with no problem. They can then call the one of your choice that has them and they will hold it for a couple of hours for you.

In the last 6 months we have done this 3 times and it works every time. Most recently did so just 2 days ago.

Good luck getting them to hold them...I tried that last year and they basically laughed me off the phone. They know that 20 other people want it too and probably can beat you to the store.

Your best bet is to look everywhere and if you see it GRAB it then!! We got ours after using one of those online trackers...unforunately it was the day after Christmas through Circuitcity.com, but better then not getting it at all.

Now this Christmas I wanted to get one for my dad who had a stroke, I had been debating if I should spend the $250 on one, but then one day I was at Walmart and saw one, the kid said that they had 10 like 3 minutes ago and that was the last one. So I got it, figured I better because you know the second that I decided I wanted one (if I didn't get that one) I would have been hard pressed to find one again!

GOOD LUCK...I was in the same shoes last year, lots of time tracking on the computer and TOO many mornings up and out of bed in the dark to sit in a FREEZING line at a store to get nothing...

The guy at our local Gamestop said that if I called EVERY day between 10:00 and 11:00am he could tell me if they had any or were going to have any, he was about 98% sure I would get one if I called and asked every day. He said he would not be upset by my calling every day. LOL

I can't believe people are still having such a hard time finding a Wii. It must be different on my end of the country because they are not that hard to find here anymore. I was at Wal-Mart today buying groceries and the person in line in front of me had one in her cart (already paid for). This was at 2:30pm.

Just now I went to TRU to pick up some Wii games for the B2G1F special and the 2 people in front of me were buying a Wii systems and the games. This was at 5:45pm.

Oh, BTW, when I checked out with my games, I thought they'd give me the cheapest game as the freebie, but they didn't. I was charged for the cheaper games and got the most expensive one for free!!! I don't know how that happened :confused3 -- I think it just came up in the order that the sales clerk rang up the games. So, when checking out if you have cheaper games in the pile, have the clerk ring those up first. ;)

I don't know if it so much has to do with Wii's being hard to find, but people not having the time to go to a store when they open. It is hard for some to get to a store at 10am during the week when they work, and weekends can be a nightmare at store opening.

I decided this last Thursday that I definitely wanted one. I knew I couldn't go during the week because I work no where near any stores that would sell them. I got up at 5am this morning, checked the ads and saw that Circuit City was going to have them in. I got dressed and went to Circuit City, was there by 6am. The manager came out after seeing me sit down by the door and gave me a voucher so I wouldn't have to sit out in the freezing cold until 10am :banana: I came back around 9:30 and there was a huge line - people were pretty ticked off. They got 12 in - 1 of which was already taken by my voucher. I kind of held back, cause I didn't need any angry faces staring at me. One part of me though, was thinking "I got here at 6am this morning, I don't feel that bad". And I don't. I got my Wii, Guitar Hero III and I am a happy camper :dance3:

Definitely check ads, and if you can get to a store a couple of hours before opening on the weekends, do it. It works. They are VERY hard to come by in my city, as with many cities from what I understand. Don't be discouraged, you will get one. Ask for help from friends and family, also, it never hurts to have several on the hunt.

Good luck!

DH and I found out last Monday that DD was asking Santa for one.

On Tuesday a.m., we called around and Wal-Mart had 8 in stock. We headed to the other side of town in a big hurry. Game Stop also had 1 in stock.

The hard thing around here is that they tend to keep them behind the service desk or the check out desk in electronics. Just because there aren't any on the shelf, doesn't mean there aren't any. You have to ask.

Call! Call! Call!! That is how we found ours. Circuit City said they would have them the next AM, so got there before opening and got it!!! :banana:

The odd thing for us is every time we have the money for a Wii, they're not available. Then, when we don't have the money anymore, there they are, in WalMart! It really sucks that WalMart doesn't to layaway anymore.

OK I camped out in circuit city's parking lot, which it shares with toys are us. Around 2 am an employee on TRU came out and we asked if they would have any wii's (we already knew that CC was going to have a few). She said they had around 60, and since they opened up an hour earlier we moved our car to in front of that store. Other people didnt come in to the parking lot until 5:30 but the first people to get out of their cars was at 6:15. Lets just say those people had no chance with me. I already had a set of coveralls and a heavy jacket sitting in my lap, so when the car door opened off I went and my mother and I were first in line. Around 6:30 am we saw that no one was in CC parking lot so we woke up dad and had him sit by the door there. The people behind us were only getting one so my mom asked them to buy 1 more so we could get an extra. By 10:30 we had 4 wii's.

The crazy thing is that none of them are mine. They are going to my uncles horde of grandkids. They even bought the extra one before I could tell my mom not to sell it. He wants to keep it at home for when they come down from Ohio to visit. But I am pretty sure that they wil give us one of their 8 weeks of timeshare in Orlando at Silver Lake or Vistana. So hopefully it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter