where can I find deals for Christmas/New Years in Gatlinburg?

ringow

Keep moving forward
Planning last minute get away for this area. Where I can I find good deals and rates on hotel rooms? What about any indoor pools or water slides? Thank you.

Gatlinburg's "official" (town sponsored) lodging site is http://www.gatlinburg.com/lodging/

They will list most of the available lodging in Gatlinburg proper. You will find better rates if you get off of the "parkway" (i.e., Highway 441, which runs through downtown Gatlinburg). Hotels along the River Road are nice. There are some hotels on Highway 321 (East Parkway) that should give you some good deals. Some of these hotels, however, have outside pools.

Perhaps the best indoor hotel pool in Gatlinburg is at the Park Vista. It is nothing elaborate, however. You might also look into staying at the Wingate Resort right outside of Gatlinburg along the Parkway. They have a nice indoor pool area. Neither of these options will be the cheapest, however.

If you don't mind staying further outside of Gatlinburg, try Pigeon Forge hotels. They usually run a little cheaper. Some places, however, are real pits so be careful.

Don't be afraid to call the hotel directly and ask for a better rate. As a whole, Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge isn't doing too badly in this economy and December is a busy time of year for the hotels. There are still a lot of hotel rooms in the area.

We are also going to Gatlinburg and this year we are staying at Edge Water on River Rd at a rate of 69.00 a night. We normally stay at teh Clarion and we really like it there but after our trip to Disney, we are trying to keep this a little cheaper this time. This past summer when we went to Gatlinburg, I booked a room at Park Vista and it has really gone down from what it used to be. It's still an OK place to stay if you can get it cheap.

You can go to tripadvisor.com and get some good information. It will pull all of the hotels and rates for you.

Have a wonderful trip!! It's gonna be cold!

Here is a link to a webcam that is there. I just found it today. :)

http://www.gatlinburgtnlive.com/gatlinburg/gatlinburg-downtown-webcam.asp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter