where can I find a sports bottle w/filter in NJ???

mhingher

DIS Veteran
A few people have mentioned using Brita or other brand water bottles with built-in filters. I think this is such a great idea. I tried Walgreens as suggested but they don't carry it.. I also tried Target and Bed Beth & Beyond. Is this even available in NJ anywhere? I would love to have it for my trip, and I leave a week from today- help please!!!

Melissa

I found ours at Walmart in the hardware/plumbing section. :flower:

I'm in S. Amboy and I wasn't able to find them when I was looking last year.

I got mine at Genuardi's (not sure if you have those) and Kmart. I would check the plumbing section at Kmart, Walmart because that is where I found mine. You could also look on Ebay but don't pay too much!

I'm in Central NJ and I've seen them in Boscov's also, filters there too.

I bought mine 2 yrs ago in a newer, larger Shop-Rite grocery store. They had them in the section where they had their small appliances and pots and pans. (I had to ask at cust. service)

BTW- we used them on our 2003 trip and they are GREAT! I highly recommend them. Wouldn't go to WDW without them!

Hello neighbor,

I found the bottles at the Walmart in Neptune,NJ on Route 66. I have also seen them at CVS stores, but Walmart always seems to have a better selection. At Walmart, they are in the hardware department, not housewares where I would have thought them to be. If you have trouble finding them, an employee will point you in the right direction.

Happy hunting and have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for asking this OP! I have been looking for them for months at Target and shuch but would have never thoguht to check the hardware dept.

The Brita ones have been discontinued so you might not be able to find them. I need to look for some filters to stock up on before they're all gone myself.

Straitlover said:
The Brita ones have been discontinued so you might not be able to find them. I need to look for some filters to stock up on before they're all gone myself.

Wow! I didn't know that they were d/c'ed!
I'm going to run out tomorrow and get a bunch of filters.
Thanks for posting this! :flower:

crazymomof4 said:
Wow! I didn't know that they were d/c'ed!
I'm going to run out tomorrow and get a bunch of filters.
Thanks for posting this! :flower:

Thst's what I read on another post. I have not verified this myself. I have noticed it's been harder to find them, though.

They have been discontinued according to Brita's website. But Brita does still sell the filters for now, but they are pricey. :(

I found some bottles at our CVS after searching Walmart, etc.

They have been discontinuied, but we found ours at a large chain grocery store where most people wouldn't think to buy them. Also stock up on filters for the bottles they are cheaper where you find them than they are on the web site. If you can't find them try the crystal lite on the go packets. One packet turns the bottled water or 16 oz of weird tasting water into great tadting lemonade or iced tea. Weird tasting water mixes well with flavors, better than drinking it when it tastes weird if you can't find the filters.

I found my Brita Fill and Go bottle at my local (Philly suburb) Acme grocery store this past Sunday. I looked in a couple other grocery stores before I found them at Acme.

Hope this helps someone!

iNTeNSeBLue98 said:
I saw them at Boscov's (here in the Reading store anyway) in the small appliance department.

Our Boscov's (Moorestown, NJ) had a ton of them too. Same dept.

Apparently Rubbermaid also make the bottles with the filters and also make filter caps that you can put on your own bottles. I haven't actually found them in the stores yet but saw them on Ebay.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter