Where can I buy inexpensive Fish Extenders?

We made 'if lost return to xx cabin' stickers using name tags off of our printer. I saw that people had used them on lots of neat things. It was for the adults. For the babies I made personalized diaper bag tags. Teenagers got personalized folders. Go fish games for the kids. The best part was I saw that they were used and it took about zero luggage space. I am more handy with a computer than anything else. My favorite ones I received were a Mickey head chalkboard that we are still using along with the drink coasters. Our fridge is now well decorated and we still love listening to the cd with cruise music and horn toots. I am collecting hotel key cards to decorate/put a magnet on so that there is a spare key for each room to keep on the lights.

I used a cola 12 pack carton opened up longways as my base for my duct tape FE. Now we have it hung in a hallway with souvenirs.

Can't wait to do it again. Hurry up and tell us what the Magic and Wonder will do!

I did a search for "pocket" on the IKEA website since I was curious as well- this is what I came up with:
pysslingar-wall-pockets__0135141_PE291862_S4.JPG

Article Number:
price $4.99
"most likely" in stock in new haven.

Product dimensions
Width: 10 ¼ "
Height: 26 ¾ "

Hope this size will work- someone who's been around longer might have better feedbak.

I'm tempted to go get one too but it's an hour each way for me and there's no way I'd walk out of IKEA spending only $4.99! Post holiday and pre cruise I'm on a short leash.
Guess I'm back to the crafting table...

I love this but we live no where near an IKEA and they don't sell this product online. :-(

We made 'if lost return to xx cabin' stickers using name tags off of our printer. I saw that people had used them on lots of neat things. It was for the adults. For the babies I made personalized diaper bag tags. Teenagers got personalized folders.

Do you have any photos? I'm having trouble visualizing.

For the stickers, did you put the cabin # or did you leave that part blank? What did people put stickers on?

Also, what is the personalized folder for?

This is our first Disney Cruise so maybe I'll understand better after our cruise. ;)

Jen

I did a search for "pocket" on the IKEA website since I was curious as well- this is what I came up with:

Article Number:
price $4.99

Product dimensions

Hope this size will work- someone who's been around longer might have better feedbak.

I'm tempted to go get one too but it's an hour each way for me and there's no way I'd walk out of IKEA spending only $4.99! Post holiday and pre cruise I'm on a short leash.

This is the exact one I bought. It is a perfect size. I added some Disney things I found at Joanne's Fabric store. :thumbsup2

Article Number:
price $4.99

Product dimensions

Yes - this is the one that I bought! Worked great as a FE holder with the deep pockets. I added Disney appliques to the pockets and a long Disney themed ribbon so that it hung easily off the fish by the cabin door.

Did you keep the ribbon bow??? I may run this weekend to pickup one. Will then need to jazz it uo

jelliott04 said:
Do you have any photos? I'm having trouble visualizing.

For the stickers, did you put the cabin # or did you leave that part blank? What did people put stickers on?

Also, what is the personalized folder for?

This is our first Disney Cruise so maybe I'll understand better after our cruise. ;)

Jen

There just those hello my name is blank stickers. I put a clip art of Mickey and return me to and the room number And date of sailing. Totes, camera cases, paperback books, iPad cases, stuff like that.

Folder was in a pirate theme, with name and room cruise date, etc. I think it had a word search and other printout paper games. Our cruise was right before school started so it could be used the first day of school.

On, yes, my kids reminded me that we gave window markers so that they could write notes on the mirror. The problem is that the cleaning attendant might erase it!

Many people used the printable magnet paper.

Next time I am tempted to make laundry magnets that say something nice like 'if I don't get here when this machine stops please call on my wave phone @ ______________, thank you. If they are cute enough they would live forever on my dryer at home as a souvenir.

Let us know what you come up with.

Do you use those to hang on your door so people can leave you notes or presents in them?

Is this one small enough I thought the maximum wit was 8 inches and this is wider ... if that size does work it looks perfect ! Can someone comment?

We used it on our Magic cruise last month and it worked perfectly! It fit just fine on the wall with the fish clip.

Did you keep the ribbon bow??? I may run this weekend to pickup one. Will then need to jazz it uo

I snipped the tassels off the two lower pockets so I would have plenty of space for my Disney appliqués. I think it turned out really nice!

Next time I am tempted to make laundry magnets that say something nice like 'if I don't get here when this machine stops please call on my wave phone @ ______________, thank you. If they are cute enough they would live forever on my dryer at home as a souvenir.

Goodness, you obviously haven't been reading the laundry thread that 's been going on. :rotfl2: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039323

Thank you for the explanation of your FE gifts!

Jen

Article Number:
price $4.99

Product dimensions

Yes! I saw this at Ikea and only got a few strange looks as I screetched FISH EXTENDER out loud:rotfl2:!

Angel'sMomma, have you seen this thread about duct tape FEs?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47167043#post47167043

Bought my FE at ikea yesterday. Trying to figure out how to decorate it now... I Was Planning on ironing on some patches but the instructions say do not iron... It is made of thick polyester, anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Bought my FE at ikea yesterday. Trying to figure out how to decorate it now... I Was Planning on ironing on some patches but the instructions say do not iron... It is made of thick polyester, anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Fabric glue? Or stencils?

:cutie:

Glad I Saw this I am heading to Ikea tomorrow.. will have to change my design plans.. I use Badge Magic for Cub Scout Patches... will figure something out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter