Where can I Buy a Stroller?

Arissa

Earning My Ears
Whilst in Orlando we will need to buy a stroller, as we've got 3yr and 41/2yr old boys. We'll be bringing one with us as it can take the weight of my older one , (who doesn't use one anymore). I think it'll be less hassle to buy an umbrella model for our 3yr old whilst out there.

We will be staying on International Drive but without a car at this point. Do Belz do these, or is there a Walmart near by that we could get to? Something cheap and cheerful, but with a sun canopy would be ideal.

Any Ideas welcome.

~Arissa

Can you purchase an umbrella stroller before you leave and just gate check it. It would give you something to put your carryone and/or your son in while you were walking around the MCO airport picking up your other luggage? If this was the only thing you would be stopping for, I would definately purchase before you leave.

We will be bringing one with us, plus our luggage plus a car seat.
I was thinking it would make it easier to purchase the 2nd one locally as we have to change flights and carriers at Atlanta to get to Orlando.
We are flying in from Gatwick (UK). So I thought additional luggage would make the journey more frighenting. :rolleyes:

~Arissa

There is a Walgreens on I-Drive near Universal Studios and they sell umbrella strollers. I don't remember if they had a canopy on them or not and they're likely to be a little pricier than at Walmart. The only Walmart that I know of is on Highway 192 nearer to WDW. Another option is that there is a KMart near Universal (I think it's on Sand Lake Road, but I'm not 100% sure). They're probably more reasonable than Walgreens.

I agree with you on purchasing it in Orlando - one less thing to worry about at the airport!

This is what we did a couple years ago. Before we left for WDW, my mother went to garage sales to find a nice stroller for my 5 year old to use just for the parks - the older kids do get tired!. She found one at a great price and we cleaned it up, put a little license plate with his name on it, and a bell! It worked great in the parks, and on our last day at WDW, after taking off his little personalized license plate for a souviner, we went to the Rent a Stroller line at the Magic Kingdom and gave to someone to use and asked that they pass it along to someone else on their last day. That way we didnt have to haul it back on the plane since my son would not be using it at home! The person we gave it to at MK was so surprised and thrilled! It was a great idea and it made someone elses day! :crazy:

Cheree,

What a great thing to do for someone. Not only are they at the happiest place on earth, but someone they didn't even know performed a random act of kindness. We need much more of that in the world today!

You can also rent them. That is typically what we do. There are several companies in Orlando that will deliver and pick them up at the hotel. Can't get much more convenient than that. I used to have a web address for one. I will see if I can find it. If not, call your hotel concierge, they should have phone #'s to call.

I've never done this before, but you might possibly buy one online and have it delivered to your hotel (just check to make sure they'll accept and hold your package for you).

Arissa:

This is a little off-topic, but you said you were bringing a car seat for your 3 year old. Since you won't be renting a car, why not just leave it at home and give yourself more room for the second stroller? A car seat is not required in a bus situation from the airport and the limo services (like Tifany Towncar) will provide a car seat for your trip if you request it.

If you are using one of the towncar services, perhaps they would stop at a Walmart or somewhere you could pick one up?

robinb, I assume the car seat is for on the plane ride. I know they are not required on planes, but I still plan on taking one for DD till she has outgrown hers.

robinb, I assume the car seat is for on the plane ride. I know they are not required on planes, but I still plan on taking one for DD till she has outgrown hers.

You could be right. However, what 3 year old is going to stay in a car seat for an 8-9 flight ;)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter