where at Orlando airport is the DCL rep?

tony_touch

Earning My Ears
I read that I need to find the DCL rep at the Orlando Airport (MCO) to start my shuttle travel to the port. Where in the airport do I find this person?

thanks! :earsboy:

I assume you're flying in on the day that you're sailing. If so, when you get off the tram into the main terminal of the Orlando Air port, just look for the uniformed crusise reps. They wear blue jackets and will be holding signs in the shape of Mickey's head that say Disney Cruise Line. You can't miss them.

I agree. They used to be back on the plane side of the little tram, in the gates. However, that stuff happened, and now they're out past the ginormous security area. But you literally can NOT miss them. First, they're the only people standing still, facing back into the masses. Second, they're dressed...well, let's just say they stand out from the rest of the crowd.

What if we have the Land/Sea package with transportation? I know that we board a Disney bus for AKL. Also, I think I read that we do NOT have to claim our bags. Is this right? We leave on the 17th! I better get this figured out. :flower:

You will get instrutions when you check in at the AKL about your luggage, which I think you leave it outside your room the moring you are sailing. When you check in at the hotel, you'll be checked in for the ship as well. Then the day you sail, they will tell you where to get your bus at the AKL. It will take you right to the port.

Thanks Allears! I was also wondering about when we get off our plane next Thursday. Do we have to claim our baggage and will there be someone there to show us where to go to get on the bus for AKL? (before the cruise)
Thanks for your help!

Since I am coming from Canada, I do know that we have to put the "special tags" on our luggage.

When would be the best time to do that?

From what I can understand I would arrive in Orlando, pick up my bag and then find a DCL person, is that correct?

:listen:

I'm not sure about that part of it. Our first cruise was a land and sea, but we added a day to the begnning of the tirp, so we didnt' come in on a regular cruise arriaval day. I'm sure there will be someone who can answer this question.

I think you are asking about not having to claim the bags at the airport before you get the shuttle right? And yes... you do not have to get your luggage at the airport. The tags that you put on them will alert the people working for the cruiseline to get them when they are unloaded from the plane. You won't see them again after leaving from your home airport until either... you get on the ship if you are cruising first... OR... you get to your hotel. As far as the tags are concerned... if you are going right to the cruise or Disney hotel as part of the land/sea or just sea, you'll put them on before you check in at your home airport. If you are going somewhere else besides the cruise or the land/sea hotel, I'm honestly not sure about that.
Nancy :fish:

There will definitely be several somebodies at MCO who will be able to direct you to the right place. There are usually three to five at the DCL stand just inside the main terminal. They are spectacularly well-organized, and have passenger lists for every cruiser and land/sea guest arriving. Just stomp right up to them, tell them who you are, and they'll mark you off their list. In our experience, you've generally got enough time to use the facilities and grab a beverage, if necessary. Once they've rounded up six or eight guests, they'll gather everybody up and head toward the Disney bus area.

There are additional CMs there who will help with the Disney Sorting Ceremony. There are separate lines for the MK resorts, the Epcot resorts, and those going directly to the ship.

Now, the thing I don't think any of us know is how or if this is going to change once they start that new WDW luggage and transportation program in May. My best guess is that there'll be separate stands for DCL guests and WDW guests. But I guess we'll find out in May.

In the meantime, my best advice would be that once you see the DCL folks there at the terminal, just relax and let the Mouse do all the work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter