Where are your "must have" sit down meals-park or resort.

arcadiandj

Later in life Dis'er!
So my wife and I will be taking our first trip to WDW in 2017! And we are going to get a package that includes the dining plan, but we have no experience with this beast. So we are beginning our research so as to maximize our enjoyment of this aspect of Disney (thank you God!). Tonight, my wife asked, "What are people's 'Must have' sit down meals in the park/resorts?" We are Disneyland vets, but we can appreciate Disney World has many more options and we want to target our efforts. Thank you in advance:D

You will get the whole array for responses, I am sure! One of my favorite table services is Tusker House at AK. Characters in safari outfits! The food has an African flare. We love getting pre-park opening breakfast reservations. If not character meal, I love Boma - again, African flare, amazing buffet!

So many choices!! A few of my favorites

Dinner - Garden Grill in Epcot...great food, quiet turning restaurant and GREAT character interaction. A lot of the food is grown right in The Land and they give you so much (served family style) but don't worry about wasting it because they recycle the leftovers to help power the park. Also a little tip...on the dining plan here you can get a large bottle of sparkling water for your drink if you'd rather skip soft drinks. It was a nice touch. This is our favorite place if you can get in.

Counter Service - Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom. So good and the crisp for desert is always so good. Hint - take your tray up the stairs and you can score a quiet corner by a window overlooking the crowds below. Great place to take a little break.

Breakfast - Non Character we love Kona Cafe and if you'd like Characters Ohana's is awesome (both in the Poly Resort)

Dinner at Ohana at the Polyensian- it reminds me of a Brazilian steakhouse. They bring out salad and bread to start along with stingy wings and dumplings. Then spits with chicken, steak and shrimp. Also noodles and veg's are the side. Plus dessert. So much good food!!?

Every trip so far (14 and counting)
Liberty Tree Tavern-lunch and dinner as the menus differ-Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for lunch ALWAYS
Yak & Yeti
CRT breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse
'Ohana breakfast
Rose & Crown
Le Cellier
Cape May Café breakfast (because we almost always stay at BC)
Hollywood Brown Derby
Raglan Road
last 4 or so trips-Shula's

Last edited:
We are also DL vets and have only been to WDW twice but we have a few favorites!

Raglan Road in Disney Springs. It's an Irish pub, we sat in the bar before our reservation and my husband really enjoyed trying a few different beers! Great food, the bread pudding is amazing and they have dancers who do a little show.

Trattoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk. We really enjoyed this restaurant, kind of quiet and our server was amazing!

Be Our Guest in MK. For me it was a must do just one time, I really wanted to experience the castle and all that goes with it. We had lunch there and it wasn't bad but it wasn't my favorite. I'm glad we went but we won't go again.

We love Tusker House breakfast (as PP mentioned), Crystal Palace Breakfast (pre park opening with Hundred Acre Friends) and 50's Prime Time (comfort food and laughs) are our 'must do' ADR's each trip. Our teen DD's have always picked these 3 places. I would add 'Ohana dinner and BOG (any meal).
Be sure to try QS Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs - if you are on DDP, great use of a credit.

*50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney Hollywood. We go here every trip for the fried chicken dinner.
*Tusker House at Animal Kingdom for the breakfast buffet (Character dinning).

Here's a list of our "must dos" lol:
Crystal Palace (pre park opening)
BOG (dinner if we can get an ADR)
Kona Cafe (breakfast, I love the Tonga toast!)
Ohana (breakfast, my family loves this place, it's just ok for me)
1900 Park Fare (dinner, characters are amazing!)
Garden Grill (usually dinner, but trying breakfast on the next trip)
Teppen Edo (my kids love this place)
Tusker House (if we plan on going to Animal Kingdom)
Hollywood & Vine (if we plan on going to Hollywood Studios)
Chef Mickeys use to be a must do but we are replacing it with Cape May Cafe on out next trip

We are trying some new places this time around. These are our repeats, so I suppose our must haves. Chef Mickey's - for the characters, always our first night's dinner, 'Ohana at the Poly, Cape May - lots of seafood lovers in our group, my kids are actually most excited about going back here! If we were doing any signatures, we would for sure do Le Cellier again.

I'd say must dos are ones we've done more than once so far or plan to definitely hit again. So that list is:
Tusker for breakfast
Cape May Café for dinner
Raglan Road
Morimoto Asia

Have a blast!!! We love: Ohana (the dessert is incredible & you will certainly leave stuffed), Trattoria Al Forno (great Italian food, a fun date night!) , Trails End Buffet (you sure get a lot of good food) , Hoop Dee Doo (yummy country cooking and an amazing show too!) , Via Napoli (pizza is delicious!!) , Be Our Guest (we've only done lunch so far but the sandwiches are soooo tasty!!) just to name a few :)

My only must-do is Rose & Crown. Some of my other favorites are Via Napoli, Kona Cafe, Sanaa, and Boma.

Our must do's are:

O'hana dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Cape May breakfast
Yachtsmen Steakhouse
Le Celier dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast or dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe
And we try to do the Hoop Dee Doo Revue almost every trip.

Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios is a wonderful Italian restaurant. If still available they have what they call a Fantasmic Dining package. Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine and The Hollywood Brown Derby are your three choices. If you get a fantasmic dinner package you also get reserved seating for the Fantasmic show for that evening.

Our must do list includes:
Boma Breakfast and Dinner
Tusker House Lunch or Dinner
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Narcoossee's Brunch and Dinner
Chef's de France
Yachtsman
Mama Melrose

Have fun!!

Le Cellier- for a special meal
Coral Reef- although we probably the odd ones out on this one.
Akerhaus or Chef Mickey's- for characters. I also really enjoy Tusker House for the food but my husband does not enjoy the noise level.

Meals we've liked:
Tusker house lunch
Cinderella's Royal table breakfast
Teppan Edo lunch
Coral Reef dinner
Sci fi lunch
Whispering Canyon dinner
Maya Grill dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter