• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?

Port Orleans Riverside. This will be our third marathon weekend staying at this resort. The only small downside is that you can hear the fireworks go off early as each corral starts. Never really bothered us much.

This year we're running just the half. The resort is close to the start/finish area and allows us to quickly get back after the races. We also love the boat over to Disney Springs. Food court has lots of offerings the night before the race as well, and the whole area is quiet and laid back.

My wife wants to stay at Bonnet Creek this trip. We have APs, so paying for parking isn't a problem. I just wonder how difficult it will be for me to get to the race parking every morning from there. Anyone ever stay there when racing?

My family and I are staying at OKW in a 2 bedroom villa, there's 5 of us. My sister and I are doing Goofy, my brother is doing the half marathon, and our parents are doing the 10k. OKW works for us, it's close to Downtown Disney, and the space in the villa works nicely for all of us- 2 bedrooms, a pull out couch, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a washer/dryer. We like having the space to spread out and with us waking up at different times and having different pre-race routines it works.

My wife wants to stay at Bonnet Creek this trip. We have APs, so paying for parking isn't a problem. I just wonder how difficult it will be for me to get to the race parking every morning from there. Anyone ever stay there when racing?
Stayed at Wyndam Bonnet Creek several years on a generous friend's points. DH is perfectly Goofy and Dopey, so drove for lots of races. Getting there was easy, but I can't remember how early we got there.

POFQ for us too - the irony of course is that it would be easier/closer to simply walk to the Marathon start from the resort's bus stop than to actually board the bus, wind around to the Epcot parking lot drop-off, and schlep a half-mile to the start from there. But sadly such logical behavior is frowned upon...

I didn't stay at Bonnet Creek, but I drove in every morning this year past there and it's easy peasy. They start closing off the roads about 30 minutes before Elites and Wheelchairs go off, but you'd probably need to be in your corral by then since you're up in the front.

We are renting a home in Champions Gate. First time we have stayed there but it looks like it should be nice. We are staying for 11 days, have multiple families coming in, and a few people coming in just for the races; this helps us be more flexible and it is much more cost effective for a longer stay. I am already a little wistful about not being at POR for the first time in six marathon weekends, but I am excited to see how commuting goes and having a private pool will be nice.

I got an idea but let me know if this is weird or not. Should we put together a lot for Marathon weekend 2017 of where everyone is staying? This could help with meet ups and just tracking what resorts are most popular for the weekend. Just a thought as I like that kind of stuff and didn't know if anyone else would be interested.

We've rented a house with a private pool before in January and we paid for pool heat. It was warm enough to swim, but still relatively cool. Didn't stop my kids from swimming, but the grownups didn't use it very much.

I got an idea but let me know if this is weird or not. Should we put together a lot for Marathon weekend 2017 of where everyone is staying? This could help with meet ups and just tracking what resorts are most popular for the weekend. Just a thought as I like that kind of stuff and didn't know if anyone else would be interested.

I think that's a fun idea, but I don't worry much about stuff like that. But could be fun to know who else is at the same resort and look for them. Where's the Disboarder game.

The pool at my house definitely does not get used in January, 60ish degree water and that is with a solar heater. Hopefully yours has some other heater but if not, a readily available cool soak for your legs ;)

We are paying for pool heating so fingers crossed it will be functional.

Looks like we will be cruising again after the races. My wife wants to do 2 weeks in Disney (adults only) and then take the kids on a one week cruise.

Currently booked at SOG. Holding out for military discounts! Considering AKL since I will be spending more time chilling on my balcony then a usual trip to Disney.

Currently booked in POR (Princess Room). We are only running the 1/2. 1st timers! Never stayed there before and am excited to try it out! Wanted Poly but couldn't pull the trigger on the price. Hoping maybe there is a decent discount that comes out later and we can switch, but I know better than to hold my breath!

We're staying in the Contemporary Garden Wing. Got a great deal booking with my running club and am very excited to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter