Where are you staying and why?

Coronado Springs. It's the only moderate I could get with free dining for our dates. I was a little bummed about it at first because I really had my heart set on CBR, but the more I've researched CSR and looked at pictures/videos of the resort, the more excited I've gotten and now I can't wait! I don't even think I'd switch if I had the option now. :)

We stay POR. We love the theming of the resort, and the boat to Disney Springs is one of the main reasons we stay there. Riding that boat is always such a great experience for us. We love walking around the grounds and just feel incredibly at peace while at POR.

Dh's 50th.
Free dining at csr
Chose over other mods for the gym.
Like the look of the grounds.
Enjoyed visiting the resort previously.

Currently trying to decide whether to include mvmcp or keep the $'s for shopping....

Staying at CSR as I stayed as All star music the last time and usually always stayed off the resort area.

Always wanted to do a Moderate Value resort as well.

I stayed at pop a couple years back because I wanted to have more money to spend in the parks after a 10 year absence from visiting.. It was great, we could stay almost weeks for the same cost of going to a fancier place. We did it up in the parks, use the room to sleep. My daughter did twist and ankle so we got very cozy there for a few days and that's when we found the food court to be a little repeatative...

The next trip I decided to try a moderate and POFQ looked charming and seemed really small. We like going back and forth with the drink cups for coffee and drinks and most rooms aren't that far away from anything.. We also purposely looked for more food options as we didn't want a repeat of POP in case we got lazy and stayed around the resort more. We figured we had POFQ and walking/bus/boat to POR for their options as well.. We loved being so close to the coffee, bus and boat that we found that a must have for future trips... We also like eating at disney springs and loved the idea of a boat to it from the resort. (bus is faster)

nowhere else is that close to transportation AND food except for maybe the main building at the deluxe resorts but some of them aren't all that close to anything at the same time..

value and moderate there isn't much difference if your talking about a standard room. some have more speciality rooms or family suites, those are very different. theming, landscaping and food options is where they tend to be much different and the more you pay, the more options at your resort there are.

If we do any stays we're going to do shorter staycations and we'll probably hit our dream rooms. The cabins at fort wilderness are nice, contemporary MK view, poly club level. I don't really like GF.. when we get homesick for where we just came from, we'll try out the boardwalk.. My parents love the beach club but specifically for convenience to world showcase.

We're staying in a 2BR villa at BLT in December. The resort location and room size work well for us.

This time we are staying at the Poly. I've always wanted to stay there, but didn't like the rates I was finding. This year all the stars aligned and we are finally able to do it. I've been wanting to stay there since I was about 12!

We were booked at Pop with free dining but decided to rent points and switch to a studio at OKW. I hope we made a wise decision. We love Pop and it was hard to give up free dining.

This will be our first time at OKW though and looking forward to staying at a new to us resort.

We rented points and stayed in a studio at OKW last March. I absolutely LOVED it. It cost just a few dollars more than we spent the previous year at POR and the difference was huge. The room was BIG, roomy enough for us, our two teen girls and all our stuff. Loved having the little kitchenette and balcony as well. It was clean and beautiful and I didn't want to leave! We requested to be near the hospitality house so we were steps from the pool, restaurant, shop and bus stop. I hope you have as great an experience as we did! I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

We are so excited to be booked at CR GW for our trip this November. It was where we really really wanted to stay, for walking access to MK, as well as the monorail. Plus we wanted the daybed because one of my two boys is a kicker and we will all sleep better if he can have a bed to himself.

I left it up to chance: if we could get FD at CR then we would stay there. If not then likely our second choice would have been AKL because my boys would love the animals and bunk beds, and the cost is a bit better than CR. But after pulling an all nighter when FD released, I got very lucky and snagged a CR room with FD, so to our dream trip we go!

We'll be at the Boardwalk in 3 short weeks.

As a family of 5 (with a 6'1" son) we need a place that sleeps 5 adults. That eliminates a LOT of choices. We invariably stay deluxe when we choose from what remains.

We were originally slated for the Beach Club-- we LOVE it there!! But with college looming in 2 months, money is tighter than I would like. I asked our travel agent to put us into any Deluxe that slept 5 that would represent a significant savings.

The Boardwalk summer special, with an $800 savings, ended up the winner. I'm looking forward to exploring a new (to us) resort. And I love the Epcot/ DHS access.

August trip with 2 sisters - Beach Club for access to Epcot, Storm Along Bay.

November trip with DD and my grandkids - Poly for the monorail & proximity to MK.

Well after our first stay at CBR then POFQ and three times at PORS...We made a fatal mistake on our 6th vacation and tried a deluxe resort..Wilderness Lodge..OMG....We instantly fell in love with everything about it..So much so we are heading back again this year in October ...Construction....What construction ...lol....

My daughter and I are staying at Pop for the first time in July. We chose Pop because of cost for this trip. Our favorite resort is CBR. We have stayed at Beach Club and Port Orleans too.

Beach Club (in 3 days!!! :yay:). We stayed there last year and we fell in love! The location is probably our favorite thing about it, we love the ability to walk to 2 parks. The pool is amazing, love the relaxing atmosphere, and the newly renovated rooms are beautiful.

Later this year we are staying at the GF for a long weekend and then spending Thanksgiving at the Fort.

We will be staying at AKL - Jambo. We're taking our granddaughters (and their parents) for their first trip and AKL is one of our DVC home resorts. We will have the room to spread out in a 2BR villa and, since we booked savanna view, will have the extra added attraction of the animals.

Coronado Springs. It's the only moderate I could get with free dining for our dates. I was a little bummed about it at first because I really had my heart set on CBR, but the more I've researched CSR and looked at pictures/videos of the resort, the more excited I've gotten and now I can't wait! I don't even think I'd switch if I had the option now. :)
DH and I spent 10 nights at CSR and absolutely loved it!

On our next trip we will be at Caribbean Beach in a pirate-themed room. We decided on this trip rather last minute (well, last minute for us since we usually start planning a trip at least a year out) and we knew we wanted to do a fun room for our daughter. We have stayed at POR in a Royal Guest Room before and really considered going back there, but my husband and I think we want to stay there for our 10th anniversary. We wanted to try to stay somewhere that we hadn't all stayed as a family. CBR was the first place I stayed when I first went to WDW back in 1992 and I loved it. I loved it so much that I booked it for my family again in 2005 when I was finishing up my college program. I have great memories there and wanted my family to experience it. And, since we aren't going to the parks, we will have a little more time to play around in the mornings to get where we want to go so the size won't be as big of an issue this trip. Seems like a perfect fit. We ended up planning a lot of various pirate/beach style activities to go along with our resort and room. Looking forward to it!

This December, we will be at Boardwalk Villas in a 2 bedroom. My FIL has a convention in Orlando when my husband, daughter, and I will all be there and my MIL mentioned that she would like to spend time with us at the parks while he (FIL) is at his convention. We decided to go ahead and book a villa so she can stay with us some nights to make it easier for her to get to the parks, especially on the day we have a PPO at Be Our Guest. Boardwalk had always seemed like a fun resort and the fact that I can walk to DHS (my favorite park) and Epcot (Hello FEA rope drop and FP+ for Soarin') was a big plus. We knew we either wanted Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk, but decided that we will have a lot of park time in December and less pool time. That pushed us toward Boardwalk with a plan to do Beach Club when we can better experience StormAlong Bay.

Edit: Forgot to add that we decided to add in 2 extra days at the beginning of our December trip. My daughter has been begging us to stay at All Star Music because she really wants to stay in a 101 Dalmatians room. We have stayed at all of the values and my husband and I just don't enjoy them as much, so we thought that adding on 2 extra days so we can start and end rested would be good and that we could spend those 2 days at All Star Movies for her. Here's hoping that we are in 101 Dalmatians and not Toy Story or (please no) Fantasia.

We're staying at AoA suites. With three DGD's in tow I wanted the privacy of having my own bedroom. (tried to rent DVC at AKL but there was nothing available for our dates) Although DH says they'll probably all end up in our bed anyway lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter