Where are you from question?

When at Disneyworld or Disneyland, and someone asks where you are from do you just say Canada, or do you say your city (and possibly province)?

Honestly I never really know what to say. Sometimes I say Canada, other times I might say my city. We're heading to Aulani soon, so it'll will probably come up again.

Love to know what others say when asked. Just an unoffical poll.

We usually say Ontario Canada...I find that if we specify London, Ontario Canada people don't have any better of an idea of where that is. Then we usually have to follow it up with 2 hours outside of Toronto and that typically gets a better response. :)

I usually say Saskatchewan and when I get the look, I will add Canada, after the next blank look I will say will live right in the middle of the country and that somehow makes them happy!

Most people I talk to in SW Ontario don't know where Simcoe is (they usually say Simcoe County) but a lot know port Dover due to Friday 13th motorcycle festival. In the states, i usually say ontario Canada and if questioned furher I say on Lake Erie. Now we'll be able to say about an hour from Justin Bieber's home town!

We live in York Region (Richmond Hill to be exact) but we usually just say Toronto, Ontario.

Hello fellow Canadians! :)

It honestly depends who I am talking to, if they "feel" well traveled I will say Victoria, BC, Canada, if not Canada, or BC - it just depends - but for the most part with the Americans, the easiest answer gets the best response. It is sad, because when I lived in New Zealand I could tell people I lived in BC, Canada and they ALL knew where I ment! I lived in Isreal and could tell people that I was from BC and they ALL knew where I ment! A American can tell me the State they are from and I have a very good idea of where they come from -and for the most part exactly on the map, some are just the region, but they do have allot of states.....OK off soap box now LOL.

As many of you, we also start with "Canada". Most of the time, it ends there. But we do find that the people who live in the northern states tend to say - "where abouts?".

We actually had a very interesting conversation in line with the family who was from NY. They had overheard us discussing my son's hockey schedule and they chimed in and asked us where we were from. They had visited there a few times and loved it. We had about a 30 min wait for the ride and had a great conversation about hockey as their son also plays hockey.

I also find it funny when CMs guess where we're from? It's usually just " I bet you're from Canada...eh?"

I also find it funny when CMs guess where we're from? It's usually just " I bet you're from Canada...eh?"

My DD11 purchased some mouse ears at the Canada pavilion at Epcot and wore them to the other parks. There were a number of instances where cast members would see her and start to sing "O Canada!" Most of them also admitted that they didn't know any more than that, but - hey! - at least they tried!:)

Most people I talk to in SW Ontario don't know where Simcoe is (they usually say Simcoe County) but a lot know port Dover due to Friday 13th motorcycle festival. In the states, i usually say ontario Canada and if questioned furher I say on Lake Erie. Now we'll be able to say about an hour from Justin Bieber's home town!

I know where this is! I grew up in Port Rowan and whenever someone asked me where I lived I'd say Toronto or "in Lake Erie".

Last time we were at Disney World the woman who was checking us in started looking for Saskatchewan in the country list!!! It took me a few minutes to figure out what she was doing and then of course I had to tell her it wasn't a country but a province in Canada! We will often say we are Canadian and see if they ask for more information. Often I will find people will ask which part or what province.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter