Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza!

YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!! I was getting so excited to hear about the engagement. I hope there are lots of pictures! Come back soon so I can get closure :):):).
Hahaha glad someone is interested!! :) yes there are tons of pics!

Where we last left off, we had entered the beautiful Magic Kingdom for the first time during our trip, and I was really anxious/excited for what was about to come!

Mike had asked me to help plan the big moment, so we talked about exactly how it would happen. First, we took a group pic with Photopass!

Everyone in this picture looks really nervous and unhappy except Jess, haha

Then Bryan and I got one together!

Then, Jess & Mike!! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I took a ton and the Photopass guy was snapping away also but I kind of like my angle better. :goodvibes

Love this one!

I think the guy in the coral shirt to the right is seriously the only person that noticed!

And of course we were ALL crying! :goodvibes

The ring!

Then Mike pulled out the pins!

We spent a few minutes hanging out/calling friends, etc. and then Jess was ready to get on with the day in the Magic Kingdom!​

Joining in, and it looks like I am just in time for the fun!!

Fantastic pictures so far! I think the matching shirts look great on everyone!

Oh my gosh, how wonderful! Tears are flowing here!
Haha it was pretty great! We were all really excited.

Joining in, and it looks like I am just in time for the fun!!

Fantastic pictures so far! I think the matching shirts look great on everyone!
Thank you for the compliments on my pictures! I got a fancy camera and was using it the "right" way this time on manual settings and I'm pretty happy with some of the shots.

Congrats to your sister! What a great way to start the day!
Thank you! It was very exciting :lovestruc

After the excitement of the morning, we were ready to get our ride on! We were really excited to finally check out new Fantasyland so we headed in that direction. Jess & I had another morning planned here and I took some more pictures at that time -

Beast's castle! It looks really far away from here...

Gaston's Tavern and Town Square area

I must have put my camera away, but we first went on Under the Sea! The wait was posted at 20 minutes and we almost skipped it but I figured it really couldn't be that long since the park just opened. I was right and we walked right on! The guys insisted on riding together in their clamshell, and Mike had on his just engaged pin...it was hilarious :rotfl:

Here's some crappy phone pics...

I got some really good ride pics later in the week! We really loved the ride, I thought it was well done and of course I love the music :yay:

After we rode that, we decided to head on over to Tomorrowland and ride Space with no wait!

After that we hit up Buzz, also a walk on...I rode with Bryan & Mike, Jess & Mom rode together - I think Mom steered their cart. I really don't know what I'm doing here! I think I was yelling over to Jess/Mike's cart...

Realllly flattering pic of my mom :lmao:

After that we decided to cross over the hub and head to Adventureland! Not without a few photos, of course.

I'm really happy with how this one turned out!

And an out of focus pic of Bryan imitating Goofy...

Adventureland, here we come!

We first head over to Splash, which Bryan was DYING to ride. I swear it's all he talked about whenever Disney was brought up in the months leading up to our trip. BUT womp womp...

Splash was completely bone dry!! We heard a CM say that he didn't think it would be back up for the rest of the day and Bryan (all of us, really) were SUPER disappointed. But we were in Disney, so we made the most of it! We grabbed a paper FP for Big Thunder instead and head back over to ride..

Pirates! I know this sounds silly, but whenever I think of Pirates I can just smell how it smells in there and it brings me right back. I'm weird, I know :confused3

This cheered up the boys after the Splash disaster -

And then we head over to one of my silly favorites, the Jungle Cruise! I believe both this and Pirates were walk-ons. Love low crowd mornings!

Our skipper was really good and told all the requisite silly jokes! I even heard a few new ones.

KEEP READING! Continued below...​

We had a few more minutes before our FP was ready so we walked up and around Jess' favorite.

Yummy green river/lake

After that, we rode Big Thunder, which I have no photographic evidence of. I know this ride was HILARIOUS. I remember mom got in the wrong line and ended up riding with some other single guy (and they don't do single riders on BTMMR!) in a train without the rest of us. We were all just waiting and off she goes, riding with some guy :rotfl: Then Bryan and Mike insisted on sitting in the first car and they were making the biggest deal out of every little drop/hill and giggling and Jess and I were cracking up! It was a fun ride, but when we were done we were all getting HUNGRY! We decided to take our changes with the line at...BE OUR GUEST!

I was sooo excited to go inside for the first time, and even right around noon the line was really not bad. It was over the bridge but the CM said it would only be about 15 mins or so before we could order. So we grabbed some menus and waited in the hot sun!

The details here are fantastic!

While we waited, I switched some FP+ around on my phone so that we could come back the following afternoon and Bryan could ride Splash! I know people complain alot about FP+ or don't like it/find it inconvenient but we really liked it. I was able to easily switch out my FP+ times for 3 headliners the following day.

Eventually, we were inside!

This is the ordering area. In the evening this is where the Beast meets

We all ordered and then head out to the beautiful ballroom. This is really hard to photograph so please forgive all the awful pics!

We poked around the other rooms and decided to just grab a seat in the ballroom. We didn't have the "rose" everyone was talking about since we had our MagicBands.

We only waited a few minutes for our food. Mom, Jess & I each got the croque monsieur. It was delicious!

This is Bryan's - I forget what he got :confused3 He liked it, but both the boys agreed that our sandwiches were better.

For dessert, I think we all got the "Grey Stuff" cupcake. I'm gonna be honest - I was really disappointed with this! I really didn't think the grey stuff had much flavor...it kind of just tasted like cool whip!

Overall though, I LOVED Be Our Guest and I think it's a great option for a fancy counter service lunch.

After we had all relaxed, it was time to head back out for some more fun! At this point the guys were starting to complain a bit because they wanted a little break. I wanted to push on a little longer since I knew they really only had one day in the MK and we still had a few good rides left and FP+ left to use! We decided to head to IASW (probably against their wishes) for a relaxing boat ride!

I took a few ride pics, my mom wanted them for scrapbooking!

I was glad to see this back after it went missing last September -

I think at this point I was getting tired/grumpy also and I put my camera away for a little while. We rode the Haunted Mansion and my eyes were sooo heavy...then we head to another favorite, Philaharmagic! Bryan perked up a little here and was singing along to all the songs, haha.

After a few slow rides, we were all feeling rested so we hauled it back over to Tomorrowland and head to the Laugh Floor! It was all redecorated for Monsters U, so that was cute.

The best part was Mike getting picked to be Mike Wazowski for one of the skits. It was really ironic, seeing as his name was Mike...but the skit was funny and I snuck a pic -

CONTINUED BELOW, I exceeded my picture limit, haha.

When we were done, we head over to our absolute favorite, The PeopleMover!! For some reason, all 5 of us crammed into one.

After that, we used another FP+ for Space! We didn't end up getting our ride photo here, I think it was down or maybe we just didn't feel like waiting. But while we were waiting in line, I pulled up my app and saw that Splash was back up!! The boys and mom were planning to go back to the hotel after Space, but we decided we would try to use our FP+ even though it was expired, since it was down earlier. We hiked back over to Frontierland and sure enough, they let us on with no trouble. Bryan was ecstatic! I was just happy someone volunteered to sit in the front row.

When we were done, it was probably around 4:00pm and the boys and mom wanted to take a break before dinner, Jess and I had plans for a snack! While I waited to get our ride photos, Jess went to get in line for one of these babies...

Dole Whips!!! Can you believe we'd never had one before this trip? I attribute it to the fact that last time, someone must have vomited near Aloha Isle and it smelled SO nasty during our whole trip. We didn't realize this and just thought that's what Dole Whips smelled like, haha. This time it smelled perfectly fine and we were ready to dive in! The line in the super hot sun was no fun but it was WELL WORTH IT! We both got the Dole Whip swirl, and now I'm hooked for life!

On our way out, I had to make an annoying stop at guest relations. I had bought a $300 gift card for expenses (tips, food/snacks and souvenirs) online from the Disney website, and it hadn't been working all day! Luckily it was a quick stop and they were able to exchange the card for me. Jess & I quickly got on a bus and were back at the resort at about 5:15. We had dinner reservations for 7:40 so we had a good amount of time to swim and relax! The boys played ping pong by the pool for a while, and we all went down the slide a few times. I love Stormalong Bay and we all had a really good time! Eventually we all head in and showered, then when we were ready we left for dinner, I think around 7:00pm. The walk to the World Showcase was super easy, and we arrived at our destination, ready for some chow, by 7:15!

KEEP READING BELOW FOR A PTR FOR MAY!

I came to the realization that I probably don't have time to do a full-out PTR for our May trip, so I will post a few updates in this thread with our plans. We are SO SO SO exited that we will be visiting Disneyland for the first time ever!!! This trip is also unique since we will be visited both WDW and Disneyland in the same trip, so it will be bicoastal with a visit to all of the US theme parks within 8 days!! This trip is just Jess & I...here are the general plans:

Thurs May 1 - Mon May 5-
Fly down to Orlando Thursday night after work, we'll be staying in Pop. We'll head to the parks on Friday, then Saturday evening we'll be running the Everest 5k! This is my first runDisney race and it'll be less than a week after my first half marathon so we'll see how it goes! Saturday morning we will spend at the race expo. Sunday and Monday morning we'll also spend time in the parks. Monday evening we fly from MCO to LAX!

Mon May 5 - Tues May 6 -
We get in late Monday night and are staying at a hotel near the airport. Tuesday we're spending the day in LA, doing non-Disney things! We will rent a car after our day in LA and drive to Anaheim that night. We have a room in the Best Western right across from the park on Tuesday.

Tues May 6 - Sat May10th -
DISNEYLAND!! We'll be in the parks 3 full days - Wednesday, Thursday & Friday! From our research, I think it should be plenty of time, especially since Thursday & Friday nights will be spent at the Grand Californian!!! :dance3: We fly home early Saturday morning so we have a few days to recoup before we head back to work.

This insane-sounding trip is only possible because we have a massive amount of points with Southwest (so all flights were free!), we are staying in DVC 2 nights in Cali and will have a room discount with our APs in WDW. And of course we have our APs in WDW so free admission! We are suuuuper excited! I'll try to post a few updates like park plans/ADRs in this thread as they come together.

I love the engagement story! The pictures sure do speak for themselves. Your group shirts are so cute! I could never get my BF to do that!

Your room really is gorgeous- we stayed at the Yacht club this past trip and I absolutely loved being close to Epcot. It was heaven.

That picture of the boys in the clamshell is hilarious!!! So manly!

I love the engagement story! The pictures sure do speak for themselves. Your group shirts are so cute! I could never get my BF to do that!

Your room really is gorgeous- we stayed at the Yacht club this past trip and I absolutely loved being close to Epcot. It was heaven.

That picture of the boys in the clamshell is hilarious!!! So manly!

Thanks, glad you like the shirts!! There is noooo way Bryan would have done it if it was just the two of us. He's in a "blue collar" job and got ripped on so bad at work for doing it. We loved the Beach Club so much, I wish we could spend every trip there!

Where we last left off, we had walked over to Epcot (gotta love Beach Club! :thumbsup2) and by 7:15 we had arrived at...

Le Cellier for dinner! We were super excited about this meal. Jess and I ate here in September of 2012 and loved it so we were excited for the boys and mom to try it. Our ADR was at 7:40, but we arrived earlier hoping to be seated early and try to catch Illuminations. No such luck and we waited until about 7:50 to be seated. We were in one of the first large tables by the rail when you walk in and as we browsed the menu, Jess and Mike got some champagne to celebrate!

We started off with some delicious cheddar cheese soup! We got a whole bowl to share for the table and we all just dunked our bread in....

My goodness, what I would do for some pretzel bread right now :sad2:

The service was a little slow but we were enjoying each others company. Jess and I had each ordered the mushroom filet, no mushrooms or risotto but with the potato pave and truffle butter on the side. It was exactly what we got last time and it was SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING. Literally the best steak I've had, ever. I compare it to everywhere I go. It did not disappoint this time!

Bryan and Mike each got this HUGE steak, I'm honestly not sure what the cut was but they both enjoyed it. Believe it or not, Bryan finished his! There was a lot of complaints before the meal that they didn't get a side salad or vegetable, but I don't think they needed it. (ETA: After looking at the menu, I'm pretty sure this was the ribeye).

Mom went against the grain and got fish! I don't see it on the current menu so it was possibly a special. She was worried about not getting steak at a steak restaurant, but WOW, this stuff was amazing! I had a couple bites and as much as I lust over the Le Cellier steak...her fish was just as good. She loved it also and still talks about it alot!

It was after 9:00pm when they took away our entrees and we could hear Illuminations going on. But we still had dessert to come! We were all STUFFED and my mom and the boys aren't big dessert people anyway, so I think we shared desserts. They brought this lovely plate out for Bryan and I to share...

I thought it was cute! Again, I don't see this on the menu but I think I remember it being/it looks like chocolate cake of some sort, haha.

Around 10:00, we settled up the bill and head out of Epcot. It was really nice walking through the International Gateway late at night with no one around! It was very peaceful. We hit the hay as we had another busy day in the morning!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter