• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are the Lodge Umbrellas at Blizzard Beach?

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
We have a Lodge Picnic Umbrella reserved for next week. I have been searching on here and found tons of info, except where in the park they are.

Has anyone rented one or know for sure where in the park they are?

The ones I saw last Thursday were located on the left side as you cross over the bridge to get to melt away bay. There is a section of chairs between the rentals and the bay. I'm not good with measuring i'm guessing 100ft between the rentals and the water.

Anyone since rent these chairs at Blizzard Beach? If so, describe area and experience. Thanks!

It was a very nice and private beach area right next to the Lottawatta Lodge patio--indicated now with a "U" on the map. The chairs are arranged in an oval under shade, but could be pulled away toward the center of the area if you wanted sun. We had easy access to the Lazy River. I actually preferred the location to the Polar Patios as the patios were near all the walking traffic and had a deck versus the sandy beach. The Lodge Umbrella area is quiet and not in the middle of everything, which we liked. If you want everyone to see you in a reserved area and a step away from Summit Plummet this might not be for you. We had a crasher or two during our day but someone from Disney did ask them leave (need a wristband to be in the area.) I would rent this space again.:yay:

It was a very nice and private beach area right next to the Lottawatta Lodge patio--indicated now with a "U" on the map. The chairs are arranged in an oval under shade, but could be pulled away toward the center of the area if you wanted sun. We had easy access to the Lazy River. I actually preferred the location to the Polar Patios as the patios were near all the walking traffic and had a deck versus the sandy beach. The Lodge Umbrella area is quiet and not in the middle of everything, which we liked. If you want everyone to see you in a reserved area and a step away from Summit Plummet this might not be for you. We had a crasher or two during our day but someone from Disney did ask them leave (need a wristband to be in the area.) I would rent this space again.:yay:

what was the charge for this? how does it compare price wise to the polar patio? BB was closed when we went back in 2008.

The PolarPatios were about $300 with tax (max. 6 people). The picnic lodge umbrellas (2 chairs with large umbrella and table) was about $50 with tax (max 4 people). So for our party of 11 we would have needed TWO patios $600...the umbrellas we got 3 sets for $150. You do get an attendant on the patio and water,etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter