Where are my crunchy granola moms?

crazy4cloth

Earning My Ears
I've been labeled that. lol. I guess if you homebirth, breastfed, cloth diaper, co-sleep, wear your baby etc. you are considered crunchy. :confused3 Anyways, who else falls under this category?

Hmm. I might be semi-crunch. Is that possible? :rotfl:
I'm there with ya. I cloth diapered, co-slept & breastfed....have homeschooled some or all of my children at varying times. But we don't eat organic anything and love to watch TV and play video games:rotfl::confused3
ETA did not homebirth either, but I did have 3 med free deliveries (the 4th was a failed epidural lol).

We cloth diaper, do a co-sleep combo (our 2 year old yes, our baby prefers to sleep alone, my oldest co-slept and my 2nd oldest was like my baby). I use a stroller and a carrier. I had an unintentional UC with my baby :rotfl:
I make my own diapers, use mostly natural cleaners, and semi unpaper towel.\
I don't think I am crunchy but I do fit into some of the categories :)

Most of my girlfriends are. My first was adopted, I didn't have a lot of choices to be crunchy - no option for non medicated homebirth with breastfeeding etc when you don't control the first half year of baby's life.

But I did show up at daycare with tofu as babyfood - confusing the poor daycare staff who had no idea babies could eat tofu (it is a perfect baby food).

My second was "crunchier" - but not nearly as crunchy as most of my girlfriends.

semi-crunchy here...I even make my own goat's milk soap!

Sounds so yummy!

We cloth diaper, do a co-sleep combo (our 2 year old yes, our baby prefers to sleep alone, my oldest co-slept and my 2nd oldest was like my baby). I use a stroller and a carrier. I had an unintentional UC with my baby :rotfl:

I think you sound crunchy. ;)

Most of my girlfriends are. My first was adopted, I didn't have a lot of choices to be crunchy - no option for non medicated homebirth with breastfeeding etc when you don't control the first half year of baby's life.

But I did show up at daycare with tofu as babyfood - confusing the poor daycare staff who had no idea babies could eat tofu (it is a perfect baby food).

My second was "crunchier" - but not nearly as crunchy as most of my girlfriends.

:rotfl: I would love to see the look on their faces with the tofu.

I almost had a UC with my second on the way to the hospital. That's why with the 3rd I decided to do it at home:thumbsup2

I did most of those co-slept, breastfed, babywearing. In fact my 7 year old still comes in my bed. Homebirth was out of the question. I would not have mind doing homebirth and will try in future but dd's pregnancy became complicated with pre eclampsia. I was actually induced(with just gel) and it was so intense I had trouble breathing(no classes, ya ya I know) so ended up requesting a epidural. I twas a perfect blend but the nurse injected a pain killer fast without really getting a clear answer from. I wasn't upset(I loved my nurse, she almost had to deliver) but I was in so much intense pressure not sure I'd have been able to give her one. I was happy with my labor and delivery. It was postpartum nurses I had issues with.

I'm not a mom anytime soon, but I do like and support the following:

- Breastfeeding (including extended breastfeeding and child-led weaning)
- Babywearing :lovestruc (my favorites are the Moby wrap and Ergo)
- Co-sleeping
- Cloth diapers & pads
- Natural/unmedicated birth, waterbirth, birth centers, homebirth
- Homeschooling

I don't know if this is a part of being crunchy, but I'm also a vegetarian. :) And I want to learn more about vaccinations.

I did most of those co-slept, breastfed, babywearing. In fact my 7 year old still comes in my bed. Homebirth was out of the question. I would not have mind doing homebirth and will try in future but dd's pregnancy became complicated with pre eclampsia. I was actually induced(with just gel) and it was so intense I had trouble breathing(no classes, ya ya I know) so ended up requesting a epidural. I twas a perfect blend but the nurse injected a pain killer fast without really getting a clear answer from. I wasn't upset(I loved my nurse, she almost had to deliver) but I was in so much intense pressure not sure I'd have been able to give her one. I was happy with my labor and delivery. It was postpartum nurses I had issues with.

My 10 yr old comes in bed every once in a while as all my children do. I love it. Those snuggles are harder to get once they get older and are so busy.

I'm not a mom anytime soon, but I do like and support the following:

- Breastfeeding (including extended breastfeeding and child-led weaning)
- Babywearing :lovestruc (my favorites are the Moby wrap and Ergo)
- Co-sleeping
- Cloth diapers & pads
- Natural/unmedicated birth, waterbirth, birth centers, homebirth
- Homeschooling

I don't know if this is a part of being crunchy, but I'm also a vegetarian. :) And I want to learn more about vaccinations.

You are going to be one awesome mom!! I have lots of info on vaccinations. Research, research is what I say then decide what you are going to do.

I fall in the 'too crunchy for some, too soggy for others' category. We cloth diaper, nurse beyond a year, babywear, eat semi-organic, try to to eat mostly whole foods, believe in the value of "normal" births while recognizing that things don't always go as desired, homemade natural cleaners, kitchen is completely paperless and I'm sure there are more.

But I also go through seasons where something has to give and sometimes its my more crunchier ways.

Today we're off to the aquarium. I have my sling packed, my ergo packed (so I can double up and wear both boys!), a lunch of totally organic and/or whole foods, cloth napkins to use at our picnic, BPA-free bottles for water flavored with organic pineapple directly from the farmer, fitted cloth diapers and wool shorties on the boys...so I'm sporting the crunchy life today! (Nevermind the mini-van I'll be driving or the Diet Coke I have to drink on the way down...and especially nevermind the Hostess cupcakes I have to for me to sneakily eat on the way there either. :rotfl2:)

I guess I am semi crunchy. Breast feeding. Co Sleeping. Would have done the sling but I could never get the hang of it. 3rd was natural but not on purpose. She was a scheduled C and instead became a natural unplanned VBAC. I literally almost had her on the floor of our living room.

Oh and I nurse beyond a year!

I'm there with ya. I cloth diapered, co-slept & breastfed....have homeschooled some or all of my children at varying times. But we don't eat organic anything and love to watch TV and play video games:rotfl::confused3
ETA did not homebirth either, but I did have 3 med free deliveries (the 4th was a failed epidural lol).

Wear your semi-crunchy badge with honor! :rotfl:

I fall in the 'too crunchy for some, too soggy for others' category.

:rotfl: This is me exactly. I seem to be too crunchy for some, too soggy for others; too left for some, too right for others; too extreme for some, too mainstream for others...I've had a heckuva time finding a mom's group I fit in with, that's for sure!

I fall in the 'too crunchy for some, too soggy for others' category. We cloth diaper, nurse beyond a year, babywear, eat semi-organic, try to to eat mostly whole foods, believe in the value of "normal" births while recognizing that things don't always go as desired, homemade natural cleaners, kitchen is completely paperless and I'm sure there are more.

But I also go through seasons where something has to give and sometimes its my more crunchier ways.

Today we're off to the aquarium. I have my sling packed, my ergo packed (so I can double up and wear both boys!), a lunch of totally organic and/or whole foods, cloth napkins to use at our picnic, BPA-free bottles for water flavored with organic pineapple directly from the farmer, fitted cloth diapers and wool shorties on the boys...so I'm sporting the crunchy life today! (Nevermind the mini-van I'll be driving or the Diet Coke I have to drink on the way down...and especially nevermind the Hostess cupcakes I have to for me to sneakily eat on the way there either. :rotfl2:)

I don't have any in diapers anymore but I will be sporting my Diet Dr. Pepper in my mini-van today;) We did wool and fitteds also.

I guess I am semi crunchy. Breast feeding. Co Sleeping. Would have done the sling but I could never get the hang of it. 3rd was natural but not on purpose. She was a scheduled C and instead became a natural unplanned VBAC. I literally almost had her on the floor of our living room.

Oh and I nurse beyond a year!

Wow, how did you make it to the hospital in time.

Wear your semi-crunchy badge with honor! :rotfl:

:rotfl: This is me exactly. I seem to be too crunchy for some, too soggy for others; too left for some, too right for others; too extreme for some, too mainstream for others...I've had a heckuva time finding a mom's group I fit in with, that's for sure!

See this is me too. I have a hard time fitting in. Just the other day I was waiting for my daughter to come out of gymnastics and a lady in the waiting room had a baby about 2 weeks old in the carseat. When the baby started crying she slipped the babies bottle into this thingy called a bottle sling. :eek: and then went back to playing on her phone. When the baby starting crying she told her to stop and that she wasn't going to take her out:mad: I wanted to grab that baby and hold her. Oh here is that thingy.
http://mommyreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/09/bebe-bottle-sling-review-giveaway.html

I'm not the only one who thinks this is a crazy invention am I? I mean come on I know how crazy life can get but I've always been able to find 15 mintues to feed my baby and I'm pretty sure if they were bottle fed I would have found the time too. Alrighty, I will step off my soapbox...

My water broke at 2:15 am. Figured I had all the time in the world because when it broke for ODD, I had hours before I ended up with an emergency C Section. Anyway, called my mom who is about 40 mins away. Was getting myself together when I realized the contrax were getting closer and closer. Timed them and I was less then a minute apart. Calling neighbors. No one anserwed. Hubby ran up and down the block knocking on our neighbors door at 3 am! Finally, someone answered and he came and sat with the older 2 (who were actually sleeping) until my mom got here.

Got to the hospital at 3:15 am. It was like watching the 3 Stooges when my husband was frantically wheeling me up to L&D. Check me. I am already 7 cms. No Epidural. No repeat Section. They were on the phone with my OB who was FLYING down the highway trying to get to me. No sir. She didn't get there in time. Had our YDD at 3:35 am.

My OB still jokes about how she could hear me SCREAMING over the phone. If I had waited another 15 minutes or so (about the time I would have waited for my mom to get to my house to watch the 2 older ones) I would have given birth on the LR floor. And given my older 2 one heck of an education! :rotfl:

Semi here. I breastfed and co-slept, but I had very difficult births and ended up with 2 C-sections.

I worked when the kids were little.....a bit backwards I know, but I never intended to be a SAHM.

Now I not only SAH but I homeschool, grind my own wheat, make my own laundry soap, etc....

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter