where are fw tr's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoshMom

Mouseketeer
silly question....but are they all in one spot or mingled in w all other trip reports??

They are just with all other threads and eventually die away. :sad1: We should have a TR sticky. :thumbsup2

They are just with all other threads and eventually die away. :sad1:

I prefer to think of them as just fading away... sort of like the Cheshire Cat who may, or may not, reappear at any time or even in a different spot. Like a good old classic movie TRs must be treasured & enjoyed in the moment...:love:

I agree. While the boards are still a great place to get info, I really miss the interesting trip reports.

Weren't those just the best? :thumbsup2

There's another site now with really great fort TRs too that I'd never even have found if I hadn't been planning this summer's trip and looking for TRs with site info. Some fiends are just too :lmao: and it's great when you all share your adventures with those of us stuck at home. More TRs please... popcorn::

The other site will give you good info and continue with good trip reports. Alot of old regualrs post there while some loyalist remain here. I was there for a while but never felt part of the "click" and rarely got responses from my threads. They are good people who love the fort over there but it was just not for me.

You arent missing anything over there.

I look over there sometimes and there havent been many trip reports. No tee cee dee weekend updates. There are alot fewer daily posts/updates (maybe less than half the activity here on the DIS).

Some material from the DIS are copied and pasted over there as well. Ive had two of my posts copied over there ( I guess they appreciate my fine prose) :3dglasses.

Some of our current posters post over there post with the same names and others with different names but they tell what their name here is.

The snarky people arent here anymore and its been shown leopards dont change their spots. Thus its not a question of if - its a question of when.

Bama ed

Alot of old regualrs post there while some loyalist remain here.

Loyalists? Maybe it's just me but I think it's really a shame that suddenly there's an "us vs them" atmosphere where once there was so much good natured fun and information. I belong to multiple boards for disney, camping, and dolls. Even though several cover the same topics, each has their own unique strengths. Lots of people here belong to multiple message boards, the same as they post on multiple areas of the dis. I can't imagine a world where learning more, or chatting with people interested in the same things you are, could be a bad thing just because it happens on a different site. :confused3

I wasn't part of the clique... if there was one... but always enjoy good banter and fort discussions. It's been my experience that folks who enjoy camping and love the fort are fiends and welcome on any site - just as you'd welcome the guy pulling into the campsite next to you at the fort. Fort fiends here... fort fiends there... can't we all just try to get along? :sad2:

I still post and read on both boards. There is info in both locations, as well as other older established boards, that give a lot of good stuff about WDW and the Fort. PM me. The "other site" does not yet have the content that this one has, but is growing and specializes in Fort information.

Oh no, here we go again. Some "subjects" need to just remain dormant and not regurgitated over and over again.

Ya know, it's funny, folk keep tell'n me they don't monitor this site, but they keep taking post from these threads to that site.
:lmao:

I can guarantee you that before this day is out, someone will come along and tell me how wrong I am. :lmao:

Ya know, it's funny, folk keep tell'n me they don't monitor this site, but they keep taking post from these threads to that site.
:lmao:

I can guarantee you that before this day is out, someone will come along and tell me how wrong I am. :lmao:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 No Frank, you are not wrong. But I'm sure someone will disagree with us. :rotfl2:

See.. that didn't take long,,did it. :lmao:

oh, and if you hadn't noticed, I'm not taking from other websites to post here,,simply using whats already here.
When people delete their posts from from here, it just goes to show what kind of people they really are.
I thought the whole idea in posting was for helping fellow campers and to help others have fun.
Apparently thats not the case for those who delete posts.

But ya know, if that's the way people wanna be, then good for them, just shows everyone the kind of people they truly .

I'm just try'n to help folk who are here. :thumbsup2

I wasn't here for the drama so I'm not sure what's permitted and what's not but I know I've seen references to several other camping forums over the years and even occassional links to businesses who weren't dis sponsors that had what someone was looking for. Is sharing that information against the rules now for all other forums or just the one where the fiends went?

I'm not trying to be snarky by asking, just making sure I don't inadvertantly break rules if they've been changed recently...:flower3:

I find it funny that you are not here for the drama, but thats what you are hitting on.:lmao:

And just curious , for those of you (who don't monitor this site, or troll this site) just what is so wrong with me or anyone wanting to help folk who come here looking for answers or to have a good time and fun ?

Now I realize that ya'll don't monitor this site, and you don't troll this site looking for drama,
but can ya just answer that question ??

I find it funny that you are not here for the drama, but thats what you are hitting on.:lmao:

And just curious , for those of you (who don't monitor this site, or troll this site) just what is so wrong with me or anyone wanting to help folk who come here looking for answers or to have a good time and fun ?

Now I realize that ya'll don't monitor this site, and you don't troll this site looking for drama,

If you mean me, what I said is that I wasn't here for the past drama. Like quite a few here, I suspect, I don't know what happened specifically and I haven't found the threads (not even sure where to search) so I'm fairly clueless on that count, hence my question.

As far as helping folks here, I thought that was obvious. If you're here and can answer the question you should, shouldn't you? I've always appreciated information & opinions. That's why folks come here.

If you read my original post in this thread with an open mind you'll see that what I was doing is really the same thing. I said I'd been loooking for trip reports and found some elsewhere but I was also encouraging folks to post trip reports here saying that those of us at home really enjoyed reading about fort trips.

If you mean me, what I said is that I wasn't here for the past drama. Like quite a few here, I suspect, I don't know what happened specifically and I haven't found the threads (not even sure where to search) so I'm fairly clueless on that count, hence my question.

As far as helping folks here, I thought that was obvious. If you're here and can answer the question you should, shouldn't you? I've always appreciated information & opinions. That's why folks come here.

If you read my original post in this thread with an open mind you'll see that what I was doing is really the same thing. I said I'd been loooking for trip reports and found some elsewhere but I was also encouraging folks to post trip reports here saying that those of us at home really enjoyed reading about fort trips.

Actually , I agree with this quote of yours. I must have miss understand what you were saying, and if that's the case , then I humbly eat crow.

And again, I ask, just curious , for those of you (who don't monitor this site,) just what is so wrong with me or anyone wanting to help folk who come here looking for answers or to have a good time and fun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter