• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are all the PA Disney bound brides?

honeybun7677

Earning My Ears
I'm from PA and I thought it would be neat to know who else from PA is also having a Disney Wedding or Disneymoon. Sorry NJ for "stealing" the idea :)

Hi! I am from PA (near Pittsburgh) and am going to Disney June 4-10 for our honeymoon! I have never been to Disney and am so excited!!!!! :cheer2:

We are staying at the Pop Century Resort! Has anyone wore the mouse ears around disney? If so, did you get "special treatment"?

HI all, I am a PA bride in Bucks County even though my roots are in southern NJ. Getting married next March in a custom wedding.

Sugarbabe - I've read other posts that have said people have gotten "little extras" while wearing the ears and such. Like free drinks, discounts, upgrades to your room, etc.

Malibelle - I live in Montgomery County so not too far from Bucks. I am having a custom wedding as well on NYE this year.

Honeybun7677- good luck on your wedding plans. Do you have any recommendations for a good place to go dress shopping in the Philly area? I have to start soon.

Malibelle...Thanks! Good luck to you too! I have not gone shopping here yet. I am going next Thursday. I am checking out two places in the Ambler/Willow Grove area. One is Arielle's and the other is Baranette's. I will let you know what I think after I meet with them. I also plan to check out Delaware to see if I can save on paying sales tax.

I'm in Dover which is just outside of York City.

As for the ears, I found the pins to be better, you pick them up at City Hall. Once you put them on you were done, no need to remove them for rides, and they fit great hehe. We got nice little touches like lots and lots of congrats from both CM's and other tourists. We also got a free dessert one night, and champainge flutes from Cindy's Royal Table. Deffiantly put it on your ADRs that it's your honeymoon, but go with the feeling of anything even just congrats are great. That way you wont be dissapointed either.

Melissa

My wedding is June 2, 2007. We are going on our Disneymoon from June 3-11th. We are staying at The Grand Floridian. I can't wait!!!

ETA: I'm technically a Delaware Bride but practically right over the line!

Wow, Melissa, we're really close! I used to live in Dillsburg but moved to Mt. Holly (Cumberland County) about 2 years ago.

PrincessMo said:
I went to Davids Bridal Malibelle! They have a great selection and great prices!
I recommend Davids also. I suggest you stay away from Bridaltown unless you are a size 4-6. I have had 2 friends and a cousin leave there very upset because they were sent to the 'other side' where the 'larger' dresses are. They were very, ummmm... snobbish I guess is the word.

And when I went on my honeymoon, I didn't wear anything showing I was a bride, they always asked though! I guess they just knew! LOL We got a beautiful cake from Concourse Steakhouse. And lots of congrats! Good luck! :wizard:

West Chester PA bride right here!! (currently in IL but moving to Orlando in 2 weeks!!!!) Can't wait for our Disney wedding - 2 more months!!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter