Where are all the Louisiana WDW lovers? UPDATED 1ST POST WITH DATES!

Hello, we hail from Avoyelles Parish, and went to Disney for Mardi Gras, and are already in the planning stages to return for Thanksgiving 2010. We would have gone back for Mardi Gras 2010, but it is also Pres. day week, bummer. Glad to have found the board.
We are disappointed about Mardi Gras and President's week also. We are trying to plan a week that is offseason. My oldest is graduation in May and I don't think he will be going further and our little one will only be 4. So, for the first time since homeschooling in 2001 we can go anytime after May. :yay:

I understand what you mean, the DW is in the teaching system again, so we will have to plan trips according to the school schedule. Although we already decided we will never do a Christmas trip. We had friends go at that time, and they said how crowded the parks were.

Well I'm up for a meet. I leave August 24th to go to NOLA to fly to Orlando for my Career Start program!! So I would have to have the meet sometime before then! But I would love to get together and have a meet.

We're going back to wdw during school Fall break. Our kiddos are in Kindy, and we're taking them out for 3 days in addition to the 3 days they'll have off from school for Fall break. It's a surprise trip, and we aren't telling the kiddos until we wake them up for the drive!

We're leaving OCT 6th, and returning OCT 13th. We're going to MNSSHP on OCT 9th! :banana:

I can't wait to go! We have never been there during Halloween before. We always went in JAN/FEB. I'm just hoping everyone stays healthy this time. (We went last Mardi Gras, and we all got sick during the trip.)

We're going back to wdw during school Fall break. Our kiddos are in Kindy, and we're taking them out for 3 days in addition to the 3 days they'll have off from school for Fall break. It's a surprise trip, and we aren't telling the kiddos until we wake them up for the drive!

We're leaving OCT 6th, and returning OCT 13th. We're going to MNSSHP on OCT 9th! :banana:

I can't wait to go! We have never been there during Halloween before. We always went in JAN/FEB. I'm just hoping everyone stays healthy this time. (We went last Mardi Gras, and we all got sick during the trip.)
THAT SOUNDS SOOOO EXCITING!!!! we don't not have fall break in Tangi parish
Halloween was/is always on my family's wish list...it is one of the weeks we are trying to decide when to go back in 2010!

Hello fellow Louisianians.:cool1:hoot hoot, can I get a hoot hoot! :cheer2:

pooh2bear has the right idea. We did this and it was not too crowded, especially at night. Since our DS was in kindy, we took him out of school. We went the ending of Sept.\beginning of Oct. 06 & 07. The weather was hot, but it was not as humid as the summer. We had a great time.

I thought about going for Mardi Gras, but I am definately not going of it falls on a Presidents Day Holiday.

Any Louisiana people going to WDW soon? Trying to book airfare out of new Orleans. i KNEW I should of booked it two weeks ago - now it's gone up. UGH!

What kind of fares are you finding?

We are going less than 2 weeks, leaving on Oct. 8th. I checked the airfare last night on a couple of airlines and it is expensive. We are leaving on a Thursday and driving to tallahassee and spending a night, then Friday we will be at SSR by mid-morning.

We are heading to Disney tomorrow, but we are driving......I think it is only 10.5 hours from New Orleans, correct? We are staying til the 4th!!!!

We are heading to Disney tomorrow, but we are driving......I think it is only 10.5 hours from New Orleans, correct? We are staying til the 4th!!!!
Took us almost 11 hours but we had to backtrack from gulfport back to Slidell (DH forgot his wallet/thank goodness for mom & dad). We figured from Ponchatoula it would take us 10 hrs with stops...NO is about 1 hr closer than us(not sure where Geismer (sp) is?). So, depending on your stretch breaks (we stopped often to let DS3 run around to prevent major meltdowns) it was good for us too! we had not done it before (the extra number of stops--but it did help to keep us a little fresher!) It was quick stops run from the car to the potty, stop to see what brochures are weather was like (quickly--except for first FL stop we let DS play a while there--they have a play area) a quick run back to the car. the run got our hearts pumping people looked at us like we were crazy but DS thought it was great and as I said we felt refreshed, too!

Have a magical time! pixiedust: and a safe drive!

Yes, it is 10.5 hours from New Orleans. I live in Mandeville near I-12; we do it in about 9.5 hours. That includes stopping for a fast food lunch, gas and a few minutes at the Florida Rest Area\Welcome Center.

I was at our local Wal-Mart tonight and found Disney brand LSU clothing in the Juniors section. Anybody else found this at their stores? This was in Lafayette. I came close to buying something for the older girls, but decided not to. They had some hoodies, thermal tops, t-shirts and cute black danskin-type pants with Minnie and LSU across the butt.

I'm actually living and working at Disney doing the College Program!!!Come visit me at Tomorrow land next week!

Happy 2010 Everybody!

Wow! I started this thread a long long time ago and had the first post updated every so often. Then, I went to Disney, started my trip report, the holidays rolled around and now I'm planning our 15th trip to Walt Disney World.

I am going to start a new thread for all of us Louisiana WDW lovers who are traveling to Disney World in 2010. Let me start the thread and I'll come back and post the link.

Lisa

Hi, just keeping up with everyone. As you can see, we have a trip planned in April. Our last trip was in November. For the past several years, my daughter and I have gone at least 2x/year. After this trip, I think we'll cut back to once a year. The magic is wearing thin. A break will help us to get more excited about the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter