Where are all the Louisiana WDW lovers? UPDATED 1ST POST WITH DATES!

Hello everyone! Thanks to mickeystoontown for inviting me over here.

I live in Tangipahoa Parish. We are headed to WDW Sept. 20-27th. We'll be at the Poly.

Grumpy's Wife: I am sooo sorry. I did miss your post. But, you're added to the family now along with two other newbies.

We changed resorts for the Universal part of our trip. Could you update me from Royal Pacific Resort to Portofino Bay Hotel?:flower3:

Hi everyone-

I'm new to the board...I've been hanging out on Sept 09 code watch, but it's nice to be home with Louisiana people! We have a GG going 9/10-9/15 at POFQ.

:wave2: Just recently started getting involved in the sharing community (its been lots of learning fun)
Our family is finally returning to WDW, Universal, & IOA
May 22 -29,2009. It's been long in planning, can't wait we are almost in dbl digits.:dance3:

Hi everyone-

I'm new to the board...I've been hanging out on Sept 09 code watch, but it's nice to be home with Louisiana people! We have a GG going 9/10-9/15 at POFQ.

HI lsutiggergirl! I work in Baton Rouge and we'll be in WDW at the beginning of your trip! I hope you have fun!!

Welcome to the DIS!!!!

I think we are changing our dates to Sept 18-25. I need to make up my mind so I can book this month (I got a free dining pin code.):goodvibes Yay for free dining!

We live in Gonzales, my mom from Vacherie and my cousins family from Des Allemands will be staying at All Stars Movies.:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome.

Hope things are going well for everyone today. Looks like some of you are headed down the same time we are. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Just updated the first post to add a bit of information and add three new members to our list!

As you guys are probably aware, the buy 4/get 3 free promo has been extended to 8/15/09. If we change our dates from the last week of May through the first week of June to August 5th to 15th, we'll save an additional $300.00. Have any of you guys traveled in August? Just wondering how the crowds and weather are during that time frame.

We went late August one year and it wasn't bad at all. Very similar to going mid September--kids in school, warm weather, etc. I worry some kids may not be back in school for the beginning of August so you may have more people then...

:wave2: Just recently started getting involved in the sharing community (its been lots of learning fun)
Our family is finally returning to WDW, Universal, & IOA
May 22 -29,2009. It's been long in planning, can't wait we are almost in dbl digits.:dance3:

I will be there May 21-28. Where are you staying? We will be at CBR new Pirate Room. Also am attending Agent Education Program March 10-15 at WL and Disney Magic. First Solo trip. YAY!!!!!!:banana:

I will be there May 21-28. Where are you staying? We will be at CBR new Pirate Room. Also am attending Agent Education Program March 10-15 at WL and Disney Magic. First Solo trip. YAY!!!!!!:banana:
We are staying at the ASMu. What is the Agent Education Program? The pirate room sounds great. Let me know how it turns out. Next, trip will be DH, DS2 and I only. This is our last trip we are paying for the two older ones. Unless we give in (in the future). We were going to do a cabin and decided we all be more comfortable in two seperate rooms.

Well, we had a nice extended weekend.

As I posted, my oldest graduated from the Louisiana State Police Academy Friday morning. We went down on Thursday night, ate at Ruth's Chris and were ready for the Friday morning graduation. We are sooo proud of our son. He looked so handsome in his dress uniform. Louisiana should be proud of all our new Troopers, so brave and dedicated as they took their oath. We are blessed to be his parents.

My daughter's high school Cheerleader squad made their first trip the WDW to compete in the National Championship. DD has close friends on the squad and we would have made the trip with them if it had not overlapped DS's graduation. Well, my sweet DH fixed everything. Since we were already in Baton Rouge on Friday and our girls were competing on Sunday he just drove us to New Orleans Friday afternoon after the graduation and sent DD and I to Orlando for the weekend.

Lucky thing I never take our WDW passes out of my wallet. We stopped in Gonzales and bought some appropriate clothing, caught the 6:25 Southwest flight and off we went.

Is there anything better than waking up on a Saturday morning with all day to spend at Disney World when you didn't expect it? We had a great time squeezing in everything we could. Did a lot too. It was wonderful.

Sunday was just as good. We hit the parks for a couple of hours then went to the competition. Our Cheerleaders placed second in their Division. Not bad for your first try. Then we went back to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day and closed it out with "Wishes".

Monday we flew back home to DH, school, work, and routine. Happy, a little tired, and satisfied to wait for our May / June trip.

Penny

Well, we had a nice extended weekend.

As I posted, my oldest graduated from the Louisiana State Police Academy Friday morning. We went down on Thursday night, ate at Ruth's Chris and were ready for the Friday morning graduation. We are sooo proud of our son. He looked so handsome in his dress uniform. Louisiana should be proud of all our new Troopers, so brave and dedicated as they took their oath. We are blessed to be his parents.

My daughter's high school Cheerleader squad made their first trip the WDW to compete in the National Championship. DD has close friends on the squad and we would have made the trip with them if it had not overlapped DS's graduation. Well, my sweet DH fixed everything. Since we were already in Baton Rouge on Friday and our girls were competing on Sunday he just drove us to New Orleans Friday afternoon after the graduation and sent DD and I to Orlando for the weekend.

Lucky thing I never take our WDW passes out of my wallet. We stopped in Gonzales and bought some appropriate clothing, caught the 6:25 Southwest flight and off we went.

Is there anything better than waking up on a Saturday morning with all day to spend at Disney World when you didn't expect it? We had a great time squeezing in everything we could. Did a lot too. It was wonderful.

Sunday was just as good. We hit the parks for a couple of hours then went to the competition. Our Cheerleaders placed second in their Division. Not bad for your first try. Then we went back to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day and closed it out with "Wishes".

Monday we flew back home to DH, school, work, and routine. Happy, a little tired, and satisfied to wait for our May / June trip.

Penny

Ahhh Penny, You lucky gal! What I wouldn't give for a quick Disney fix. Had to change my May/June Disney vacation to August.

Hi everyone! I just joined the other day after lurking for about a month!! Me and my BF (both from Baton Rouge) are heading to WDW Oct 31-Nov 7 and cannot wait!

As I posted, my oldest graduated from the Louisiana State Police Academy Friday morning.

Congratulations! I work on the State Police compound and probably saw him when they were on their afternoon runs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter