• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are all the good school supply deals?

unicorngirl

Earning My Ears
Aside from Staple's 1 penny pencils last week, I have yet to see any good school supply deals. Everything is priced higher than last year. Is it too early for the sales, or is this as low as it will go this year. I am especially not interested in rebates. I am looking for more penny items like Staples had last year, crayons for a quarter, etc.

Target has:

2pk glue sticks, rulers, sharpeners, 2pk erasers for .20 each
150sheets loose leaf paper for .50 each pack

Meijer has:

crayola crayons .19 each pack
crayola markers .79 each pack
school boxes for .39 each
spiral notebooks for .05 each

CVS and Walgreens both have free after ECB/RR school supplies as well

Target also has Elmer's school glue (bottle) for 30 cents each and Crayola 12 ct colored pencils for 88 cents.

I totally forgot the notebook paper when I was there earlier! :headache:

I stocked up on highlighters and white posterboard-9 cents each (limit 12 of each) at Walgreens. They had plastic folders with pockets and prongs for 19 cents each.

Target also has the marbled composition books for 50 cents.
I also went to Staples yesterday to take advantage of their rebate offer on backpacks-buy any backpack and get a rebate (actually a coupon to use in the store) for the entire amount.

I know that this will only apply to a limited amount of people (because they don't have a Meijer store everywhere...) BUT...I went to Meijer yesterday and they have the packs of Crayola Washable Markers for .79 AND if you buy any two Crayola products you get the third (equal of lesser value) for .01!! So we got THREE packs of the markers for $1.59!!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

Just went shopping yesterday...

Office Depot has 5 cent folders and protractors. Also had 10 pk of papermate pens for 25 cents.

Staples had 3 pk of erasers for $1.

Walmart had 25 cent 24 pk crayola crayons, 2 elmers glues sticks for 25 cents, elmers bottle glue 25 cents, $1 10pk crayola markers, $1 12 pk crayola colored pencils, 15 cent spiral notebooks, and 75 cent loose leaf paper.

We got everything we needed yesterday! We start school on Aug 4th here.

Don't forget about all the free stuff at CVS. I have never spent so little on school supplies.

For .06 total, I have:
2 bottles glue
1,000 sheets copy paper (after rebate)
2 folders
2 memo pads
2 notebooks
1 binder
300 sheets notebook paper
40 ink pens
62 pencils
2 pr scissors
2 rulers

and more to come. Meijer has some great deals, CVS has more next week. Walgreens looks good for this week too, if anything is in stock.

I still have tons of the 1 subject notebooks from last year. I bought 2 boxes of them since they were $0.05 each! This year I need very little supplies. I'm so happy to see such a short list. It's mostly kleenex, paper towels, ziploc bags, baby wipes, index cards, moding clay, and only 1 notebook. The school supplies all their folders inside a big binder and pencils as well as crayons. I'm so glad since I'll spend about $10 plus a new school bag. I'm going shopping in my closet for most of the items. He already has plenty of shirts and shorts from last school year that fits him fine.

I stocked up on highlighters and white posterboard-9 cents each (limit 12 of each) at Walgreens. They had plastic folders with pockets and prongs for 19 cents each.

Target also has the marbled composition books for 50 cents.
I also went to Staples yesterday to take advantage of their rebate offer on backpacks-buy any backpack and get a rebate (actually a coupon to use in the store) for the entire amount.

I didn't know about the backpack, I better get there today because we were there last week and my DD saw one she wanted.

Thanks for the tip.

I was wondering the same thing about Staples. The other stores seem to have the same sales going on, but what happened to all of the penny stuff or free stuff (no rebate to fill out) that they've had the last few years? :confused3

I also received a card in the mail from Office Max for their teacher appreciation day. They are giving out a free tote bag for teachers (to shop with at the store). Wow! Teachers used to get a free tote bag full of cool stuff, like a travel coffee mug, a calendar, name tags for the students, cute post-it pads, pencils, pens, etc... Now we just get an empty tote.

I guess the economy is causing the stores to cut back on their freebies. I did notice though that when I went to Staples for the 1 cent pencils the store was empty. Usually when I go for the 1 cent stuff, the stores are packed. There wasn't much 1 cent stuff worth going for this year (so far).

Don't forget about all the free stuff at CVS.

For .06 total, I have:
2 bottles glue
1,000 sheets copy paper (after rebate)
2 folders
2 memo pads
2 notebooks
1 binder
300 sheets notebook paper
40 ink pens
62 pencils
2 pr scissors
2 rulers

How did you get all this at CVS for only $.06?!?!?

I appreciate the replies. I guess I need to look harder. I am also interested in how you can buy all of that stuff at CVS for 6 cents.

I am also waiting to see if there will be any better buys on looseleaf paper. I do not want to pay 75 cents!!

I did get 2 packs at CVS which earned $4 for another trip but I HATED having to use the ECBs I already had for the paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter