• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are all the 10/12 Western Magic cruisers??

Kamy - Yes, you can have 2 favorites! Heck, you can have as many as you want! :) :)

Drez - Nice to hear from you again! It would be just fine with me if the ship wasn't too full. Last year, it was pretty packed and I found myself thinking that it would be nice to have a little more 'breathing room'. Plus, I think that would make it easier to get your requests, such as a private table, Palo times, etc.

Well I got my confirmation in the mail yesterday for the Poly! It's official now! We're really excited about staying there. Even though we aren't planning on going to the Magic Kingdom, we are now planning breakfast at Chef Mickey's, and we can ride the monrail to Epcot. We walked through the Poly 2 years ago so we know it's a beautiful place. Can't wait!!!

'Beano':cool:

Same here. I'd enjoy a "not so packed" cruise!
The DCL web site says all cats are still available for the 10-12 sailing, so that's a good sign.

I'll probably continue to check the dcl site (and orbitz too, since it provides room numbers!)

We requested the same servers we had last October and we really hope we can get them. But you never know!

W're really excited about everything now that the big day is getting closer and closer!

Favorite character: That is a tough question. It varies from time to time, but mostly Cinderella. I honestly have no idea who Jerry's favorite character is.

That would be nice if the ship wasn't full. The only reason it filled up last year is because that was the first cruise that castmembers were allowed to book. There were tons of them on board. Otherwise, it would have been about 2/3 full, if I remember.

The DCL web site says all cats are still available for the 10-12 sailing, so that's a good sign.

I assume that doesn't include cat. 2, since I have tried repeatedly to get an upgrade and my TA says there are no cat 2's available...

A 2/3 capacity ship would be great - that mob of people trying to get off at CC last year was unbearable!

Ok, so 2 months from today?? Cozumel, right? :)

Originally posted by BeanoC

I assume that doesn't include cat. 2, since I have tried repeatedly to get an upgrade and my TA says there are no cat 2's available...

Yep, they make you call them directly or contact a TA for cat 1-3 pricing.

I'm happy with my cat 6. Since it's just my wife and I, it's plenty :)

Hopefully we wont miss the midnight dessert buffet this time! I don't remember why we missed it last year, but we did!

I sent my TA an email asking her to double check availability of cat 2's. I doubt it , but it can't hurt to check!

The only prob. with our cat 3 is there is no pull-down berth for one of the kids so DW and I can't share the master bedroom unless we make the kids share the couch bed, in which case they'll kill each other!

fave characters?

thats a tough one. I guess it ought to be Mike as he's our signature, but I have a soft spot for Buzz Lightyear, perhaps it's because we share the same hair on our chins! ( only joking!!!)
In our old house I even had a room decorated a la Pizza Planet!

Kevin has just told me he would like Ham from toy story!

Iain wants to be bo-peep ( joking, joking! - that was Kev's idea too! )

RIGHT FINAL DECISION - Carol - Buzz, Iain - Mike, Kevin - Ham

Favorite character............. Mickey of course!
I'll have Pam post her favorite character.

Paul

Mark: I think the hair beads will be a wait and see, last year my dd walked around twirling her beads above her head like a helicopter.

Beano: favorite characters are as follows:

DS (9) Donald
DD (14) Eeyore (it is also her career goal in life to be Eeyore at Disney)
DW Bell
Me probably Buzz

My neighbors are on the 7 day Eastern next week and they just received a call that they will be upgraded from a 5 to a 4. They didn't even request it!

Twins win against Martinez!!!!

Doug - Would the fact that your favorite character is 'buzz' have anything to do with your drinking habits?? :)

Just kidding!! As if I'm one to talk!!! ;)

Let's not get too excited about the playoffs - I am sure you know that an August 30th strike date has been set. I doubt they will strike though - they may be stupid, but they can't be THAT stupid, can they?! So let's project, shall we?

Your Twins win their division, and move on to round 2.

My Dodgers win the wild card, and beat the Braves in round one.

The Giants go down the tubes in straight games against the Diamondbacks.

The A's fall to the Twins in round 2.

Ok Doug, help me along with this scenario - what happens next?? :)
L.A. needs to face the mighty Twins in the series...It's your call!!!

'Beano'
:cool:

Oh, guys - one more thing: Can you also tell me your kids' fav. Disney characters please?

Drez - I'd like to know you and your wife's first names if I may... I am making nametags for all the DIS people.

Am I getting carried away here? :p

'Beano'

Hi Gang!!
I am going on the 10/12 Western Caribian Cruise. I have been looking at the chats from a distance, & decided to join in. Ths is our 3rd Disney cruise in 3 years, & I am really looking forward to this one. All of the stops look like a great time. My wife (Sirius214) and I are counting down the days with just as much excitement as everyone else. We are thinking about meeting up with the group at the sail away party.

Goofy623 (aka Paul):earsboy:

Hi everyone. Wow, this site has been busy this past week. I have been trying to get adjusted to getting the kids back in school, and with getting their extra-curricular activities in order. I feel like a taxi driver these days. Football, Cheerleading, baseball. Ahhhh.... I can't wait to go on this cruise! My DH thinks I am absolutely crazy. It is all I can talk about...I am so excited. It is nice to see other people as excited as I am about this cruise. Please, keep giving me your wise tips. Thanks. Alisa

Hey everyone. I've been enjoying all the reading on the boards and especially this thread.

It sounds like we're going to be cruising with a :Pinkbounc FUN group. I look forward to meeting most of you, and seeing some familiar faces, too. Hi Beano and Denine!

As far as my favorite character I was going to say Goofy, but in deference to Goofy623 I'll choose another. My DH Paul would say Dumbo or maybe Dopey would be good. Of course he should be Peter Pan, the boy who won't grow up, but since he is going to be Mickey, I'll choose Minnie. We do make a cute pair, and I think we're the same height as them.

I'm not sure if our DS Keith, 19, will wan't to join in, but I think his character name would be Sleepy. It must be a teenage thing cuz our other DS Nate, 18, would also have to be Sleepy. If we could invent another dwarf named Flat Broke, that would work for Keith too. :smooth:

So I'll keep watching and join in more often from now on. It's getting close enough now that it finally seems real, so WOO HOO, let's get this party started.!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Chat at ya all soon,
Pam

"Goofy and Sirius"... Welcome!!! I hope you guys will decide to join us at sail-away!

Pam - it's about time you piped in! :) I didn't realize that you guys had 2 teenaged sons - is Keith the one who was with you last year? Hey, if we're on the same bus this year, I guess we'll recognize each other huh? ;)

We just got back from "Partyworks". I got some lime-green, palm tree drink stirrers!! I am getting obsessed! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :p :p

'Beano'

We had Nate and DD Kate,16, with us in October last year. We had Keith with us on our first 7-day in April '01. That was the trip where the Magic had mechanical problems and we were stuck at the dock on St Thomas until 2:00am. and then since we left so late we had to skip Castaway Cay. Disney was very gracious, we thought, and gave out alot of free drinks and then gave us 50% off our next trip. That's why we went twice last year.

I laugh every time I think of meeting you and your family on the shuttle bus. If Walt's slogan is, "It all started with a mouse", then the DIS'er slogan could be, "It all started with a line green ribbon"
LOL Now everytime we head to Orlando, whether we're cruising or not, I'm looking for 'lime green' on suitcases. How funny is that?

I can't wait to see your 'lime green' wardrobe Beano, it'll be close to that by the time we cruise.....right????LOL

FYI we're going on a winery tour the weekend before we sail. My cousins and aunt are coming from Minnesota and we said we'd do that the next time they come to Oregon. Excellent timing eh?
We are just down the road from close to 15 wineries. So any requests from anyone? We have some award winning Pinot's here, both Noir and Gris. Paul likes the Mueller Thurgau we brought last year, so we can bring a bottle of that too.

OK now I'm really getting in the cruisin mood.

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the newer cruisers. We are getting closer and closer to our departure and I can't wait.

I received the Key West info from Shirley with some excellent info. One brochure especially caught my eye and there is a web site. They have snorkeling trips in Key West and Cozumel. Also parasailing in Key West about half the price of CC. I think my DS and I will do a Tandem flight in Key West..FURY CATAMARANS

Now I am trying to decide on what to do in the Spa!!!
Can't wait. The clock is ticking. I am glad to see I am not the only one excited.

As far as favorite characters.......We like them all. So use your imagination Beano.

Going on our 3rd....first Western!!!

DW, and 2 DS's, age 6 yrs and 17 mos.

Can't wait:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter