• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are all of the displaced Poly fans staying now?

We are also sticking with the Poly for the first week of Nov. I do wish that we were getting some sort of discount, but oh well.

I love the walk between the GF and the Poly(especially at night). We stayed at the Poly(LOVED IT) but could easily see ourselves staying at the GF. It's sooooo beautiful and different from any other resort on property.

My understanding ,although I have not witnessed it, is that the walk you describe has changed considerably with the new GfV and the Poly construction. Not sure it's for the worse or destroyed but might not live up to your memories.

we're doing the grand floridian next week. things were okay in march/april for us but I think the construction has hit a point that we won't stay there until its done or at least that the pool is done.

we'll be at the grand floridian for any and all cash trips we would have stayed at the polynesian for until the construction is over.

I love the walk between the GF and the Poly(especially at night). We stayed at the Poly(LOVED IT) but could easily see ourselves staying at the GF. It's sooooo beautiful and different from any other resort on property.

My understanding ,although I have not witnessed it, is that the walk you describe has changed considerably with the new GfV and the Poly construction. Not sure it's for the worse or destroyed but might not live up to your memories.

We stayed at the Poly last October (the week GFV opened) and my DD & I walked from the Poly to GF. The walk was more paved now - from what I can remember of previous years' walks we walked on the beach. But, it was still nice. :) Of course, this was before all the Poly walkway construction started so I wonder how that section will be?

One thing we still plan to do on this trip ---- walk to the T&TC. One of my DH's favorite part of our Disney trips is to walk to the T&TC to catch the monorail to EPCOT. We'll see this year. We may do it in the morning while we're hopped up on caffeine and that early morning Disney excitement but I'm sure after walking around EPCOT all day we won't be making the walk back! :faint:

The walkway has changed at the GF end but it's still a very nice walk. Going back to the Poly in Oct.

Sorry, I'm new here, but why are you not allowed to discuss travel agents?

You will see that some agencies are allowed to be discussed and some are not. The agency referred to in this post is not allowed to be discussed on the Dis any longer for some very poor reasons. You will find that this agency is Earmarked and has a long history of guest satisfaction. You can find multiple posts of "the agency that must not be named" and guests praising them all over the boards. Mods claim that the agency was banned for infractions against attempting to solicit on the boards for customers. This is unfounded because I am friends with the owner and they were never even informed of any type of infraction against the company. It comes down to competition. This agency offers rates that the other "official" agencies on the boards can't compete with and don't want publicized on the boards. You will find consistent positive reviews from other Dis'ers on this agency if you look for them. Good luck and I highly recommend "the agency that must not be named" :).

We ended up at AKL Jambo this trip in large part due to construction at the Poly which is my family's "home" resort. It was nice to change things up and the AKL is a beautiful, unique experience. We enjoyed it greatly but I did really miss being on the monorail, especially during the 24 hour day.

Still ... win/win. We experienced a truly wonderful resort and a WDW week on par with any we've had down the years. We'll be back when the Poly is ready.

We are HUGE Poly fans (see my signature ;)) but we are staying at the Grand Floridian for our October trip. We will definitely be walking over the Poly to check things out and we have ADRs for dinner at Kona...which I assume is open in October?

GF is a great alternative to the Poly for many. We chose the CR in part because we were offered a rate that was much better for a TPV room Tower than a garden view room at the GF. The GF would have won if the price wasn't so much higher for the GF RPC. I was surprised at how much I loved the CR.

WL has a nice lobby, but the rooms are small and that is where we spend most of our time at the resort - at least 9 hours per day! I like a comfortable room.

we're staying at BWI. I'm sad, but not so sad that I wanted to spend a week in contrustion

We usually stay at the Poly, but this year we opted for the Boardwalk. Will be nice to be at an Epcot hotel again :banana:

We are staying because we got 35% off and another $50 off a night because of the main pool being closed. They offered the one day at the waterpark but we have APs with waterparks so I emailed and asked what the could do for us. They called and offered me the $50 a night we are paying next to nothing for a TPV room.

Would someone be able to please PM the name of the agency who must not be named? We are looking to book for next year (I know rates are not out yet) but I want to start mentally and financially prepping myself. :hyper:

We almost always stay Poly but we won't be going back until this construction is over. We will be at WL this August. Have visited there many times but this will be our 1st time staying there. We are looking forward to it. Love the theming of the WL! Got a great pin code also! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter