Where abouts is trader sams?

thestevied

DIS Veteran
So we are definitely going to try trader sams when we visit Disney world later this month. We've been to the Polynesian before to Ohana but never new there was this grog grotto place. Can anyone please describe where it is in relation to ohana? Many thanks.

It is downstairs on the pool level, pretty much under 'OHana. You go down the stairs and all the way straight ahead. Take a right at the end and down the hallway. It will be on your right,
The patio is outside overlooking the pool, towards the beach.

Downstairs from Ohana, go down the corridor on the right past Captain Cooks, there will be a door on your right that leads to the bar. It is not well marked. Go straight ahead and there is a door leading out to the patio.

Thanks guys. Hope it's as easy as you say.

It's pretty easy. The door is fairly nondescript, but noticeable. It's right there on your right before you step out the doors to go outside to the pool/marina area. When we stayed there last, there was a CM standing outside the door most of the time.

Good luck getting a seat, I arrived 30 minutes after opening and was told there was already a 90 minute wait! It's a bit of an obscure location on the inside, but the outside patio bar was nice at least, since I never got inside to get a drink!

Good luck getting a seat, I arrived 30 minutes after opening and was told there was already a 90 minute wait! It's a bit of an obscure location on the inside, but the outside patio bar was nice at least, since I never got inside to get a drink!
What are the opening hours? We're actually staying at the beach club but are going to do some resort hopping via the monorail to go to various bars and lounges. No big deal if we can't get a seat would just be nice to take a look inside. Can you get drinks to take out on the patio as well?

General opening hours are 4 pm to midnight. Persons under 21 are allowed inside the bar only between 4 and 8. You can order any of the drinks on the patio.

General opening hours are 4 pm to midnight. Persons under 21 are allowed in the bar only between 4 and 8. You can order any of the drinks on the patio.
Sweet thanks. Guess we'll try an early evening drink then and if it's a late one we'll get out on the patio! Or shoot over to the contemporary. I love the wave lounge there, and the Cali grill lounge after the fireworks have been on and it quietens down.

the California grill lounge is one of my favorite places...they do a lot of drinks that are especially reasonably priced with Tables in Wonderland.

the California grill lounge is one of my favorite places...they do a lot of drinks that are especially reasonably priced with Tables in Wonderland.
Sadly I'm not sure tables in wonderland is an option for us as we're English. We just make the most of the two weeks we are out there by eating and drinking and going to as many different restaurants bars lounges etc as we can possibly manage!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter