When's the latest you got off of a waiting list?

jbish

DIS Veteran
We booked a trip in March for a June stay. Not quite peak season, but busy enough. I'm thinking there's no chance at this point that we'll get something other than what we've booked. But I do have our WL ending at 7 days, so it could happen at the last minute, I suppose. Just curious what others have experienced.

FWIW, we are reserved at OKW and WL at BWV and AKV.

We have only had one wait-list come through and the way that DVC processed the wait-lists have been in question IMO so we gave up and bought contracts at our favorite resorts so we never have to wait-list again.

:earsboy: Bill

We ended up with one night at OKW in a 12 day stay at SSR which our wait list didn't come through for, when we checked in we asked again and they were able to change the OKW night to SSR so we didn't have to move for the one night.

I generally stay on a W/L until it is either fulfilled or expires. If I have a backup booked (which is almost always), I extend the W/L to the maximum which is 7 days before C/I. I have waitlists fulfilled pretty close to date more than once. I've had a LOT of waitlists come through over the years so I'm sorry I can't recall exactly how many days out they were fulfilled.

This has given me hope! I have a WL for the entire stay - not just one or two nights, so I was feeling discouraged. And I know there is no way to determine the likelihood of something coming through this late in the game. But good to know people have had some luck! Thanks!

I W/L'ed one night at VGF that was set up to expire 31 days out...it came thru 30 days out (which probably means it was really 31 days, but didn't get processed til 30 days)...talk about last minute!

We've got a waitlist in for a 1BR at BCV instead of our 1BR at Boardwalk for a 6 day trip in 34 days - I doubt with all the renovations at Beach Club it will come through, but it would be nice!

We've got a waitlist in for a 1BR at BCV instead of our 1BR at Boardwalk for a 6 day trip in 34 days - I doubt with all the renovations at Beach Club it will come through, but it would be nice!
Good luck!! Let me know if that comes through! I wish our dates overlapped - I'd take that BWV 1BR off your hands. :)

Just got off at 9 days out. Didn't expect that p, had given up hope but this morning I got notice that it came through

I just had two wait list requests come through on Tuesday for Polynesian studios Oct 28 - Nov 1. Wait listed on March 28.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter