• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you're off from Work, do you answer the phone

Yes, but I never used to. I now work a civilan PD job so they rarely call...if they do it's a 'We can't find...' and it takes me 2 seconds to lead them in the right direction. Before, though, I was a police dispatcher and those calls were almost always to order me in so...NO WAY! LOL

I always say I won't, but I usually do. Thankfully they don't call too often. I just have one attorney who calls at the worst times. Once I was at the doctors office, literally on the table. I didn't answer, but had to call her back after the appointment.

Yes, and I always point out that I'm on vacation, away from my computers, so that's why I can't look up the information or fix the server, or log into my laptop and approve XYZ.

I always feel :headache: , too, when I get those calls. I put my out of office dates in my signature for at least a month beforehand, turn on my out-of-office message, and let the boss know when I'm leaving and when I'll be back and he's responsible for my backup because he doesn't have anyone else to do my job.

And yet I still get a call each time I am out of town. Very, very annoying.

My cell phone and blackberry are connected so there is no way for them not to reach me. I check my email regularly and have answered work calls while waiting in line at Test Track!

When I'm off work on vacation, the school is closed so there's no one to call me anyway.

If I'm sick, probably.

I do because I know they will only call me if it is a true emergency. I'm the only one that does my job at the office and my boss is very respectful of my vacation/personal time.

For me it really depends. I have 2 jobs both in EMS. My main job, very rarely calls, they give everyone pagers so they page out a lot for help or if they need something from you. My other job calls almost daily. I have a special ringtone on my cellphone for them to let me know it's them without have to look. Sometimes I answer, sometimes I don't(like at 3am).

It depends on if I feel like going in. I know if they call it is for OT. If I am available I answer, if not I let it ring.

I answer when someone calls. If they are calling it means I probably am the only person who knows the needed info. I do like cruising because it forces me to turn my cell phone off for an entire week. (I know I could get calls there, but let's not tell anyone else that).

Sure. They don't call unless it's an emergency and they can't find something. I think they've called me maybe twice in my off hours and I've been here 6 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter