• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you wish upon a star..Hannah's make a wish trip

I went and peaked!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

:confused3 Help, tell me how I can peek. I am thinking about making some outfits for Karlyn and Gabby for our trip in Sept and I don't know where to look. If I get really ambitious, maybe all the granddaughters will get something fun for back to school! You can PM me if you don't want to let Heather know where they are!

Sorry Heather, but you will get to see them in real life!
Denise

Today is ONE MONTH TILL WE LEAVE!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I am getting excited??
Hannah had her oral surgery this morning.She did well, although it was not fun at all.She had seven teeth pulled and spacers on the top placed.We have to go back for the bottom ones.She was not happy, she growled all through it.She is ok now,sleeping it off on the couch.The versed is making her act like a drunken sailor so I will be happy when that wears off. Looks like she will be eating lots of popsicles and pudding for a while.

What....excited....no couldn't tell at all. ;) :rotfl: Glad everything went well with Hannah's oral surgery!

Oh, I am so glad you have that surgery behind you. I hope she'll be feeling better soon!!

YAY!! We're both under a month now!!! :goofy:

For anyone wondering what a CPAP machine is, here is a pic of her wearing it.Hannah has sleep apnea, which means she stops breathing when she sleeps for about 15 seconds at a time.She does this over and over all night.This leads to her never getting a solid night's rest and can lead to heart issues.This machine keeps her airways open at night.

005.jpg

The big news that I have involves this board.About a week ago I was contacted by a forum member who frequently posts in the Disney for families section.There is a thread and they call themselves the DISboutiqers.They do amazing clothing (disney themed ) for kids.They chose Hannah to be a recipient of what the call "The BIg give". At first I thought they were going to come up with a few t shirt designs I could print but then I soon realized they sew whole outfits for kids and would be giving Hannah and Logan outfits for our trip! I am still in a state of shock that total strangers have chosen to do this-free of charge to us, simply because they want to "spread some pixi dust around" and make our trip more magical. :wizard: They are all amazingly talented.The designs I have seen are GORGEOUS.It is very obvious that they have huge hearts full of love and we will be forever greatful.I am in tears when I realize the magnitude of it all. I have heard that some people have things completed and I promise to post pics and give credit to all the wonderful people involved in this.I am sure I will have lots more to post about this in the next few weeks.

:hug: You made me all teary-eyed again! I sent a package for Hannah on Monday morning. Hopefully it'll get there within the next few days!

Today is ONE MONTH TILL WE LEAVE!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I am getting excited??
Hannah had her oral surgery this morning.She did well, although it was not fun at all.She had seven teeth pulled and spacers on the top placed.We have to go back for the bottom ones.She was not happy, she growled all through it.She is ok now,sleeping it off on the couch.The versed is making her act like a drunken sailor so I will be happy when that wears off. Looks like she will be eating lots of popsicles and pudding for a while.

Woo-HOO!! Only a month!!! We have 8 more months until our next trip. It'll just be me, my mom, and the kids. I'm so excited!

I'm glad Hannah's surgery went well. The poor thing, it doesn't sound like too much fun!

I'm so glad Hannah's surgery went well. Our son Mark has to have any dental work done under a general anaesthetic too. The combination of cerebral palsy and extreme prematurity can lead to crummy teeth, so he's had a fair bit done. Not fun. He has check ups every 3 months and we were thrilled when the last appt was a clean report! Hopefully Hannah will bounce back soon - kids can be amazing that way.

Would someone please send me a link so I can see the surprises too?!? It all sounds so wonderful! The generousity of people on these boards is amazing!

Alison

I am so excited to be a part of Hannahs BIG GIVE. Hearing all of your excitement is the best reward anyone could get. That and some pics of Hannah's beautiful smile at WDW!!! I'd just like to thank your family and the Disboutiquers for being a part of my Dis family!

XOXOX....t.

PS. I think Shannon is right, you are in for a BIG surprise.

For anyone wondering what a CPAP machine is, here is a pic of her wearing it.Hannah has sleep apnea, which means she stops breathing when she sleeps for about 15 seconds at a time.She does this over and over all night.This leads to her never getting a solid night's rest and can lead to heart issues.This machine keeps her airways open at night.

005.jpg

My husband has used a CPAP for almost 20 years now. The first time he was tested he went 90 seconds without breathing. We never go anywhere without it now. Also, my second son uses one. They are absolute believers in the difference it makes.

One thing to know for your trip--you will want to be sure to carry Hannah's CPAP on the plane with you (you don't want it lost!). Also, most airports screen CPAP machines a little more intensely than regular carry-on items. Mike has to take his out of the case and send it through the scanner separately then they swab it and test for explosives. Salt Lake Airport is really strick about this but some airports are much less concerned. Just be prepared and it is no big deal. Mike travels a lot (80,000 miles/yr) and this is one of the things that tends to drive him crazy.

Glad Miss Hannah is doing well after her dental experience. It makes my mouth hurt just to think about it!

Happy 4th to you and your family!

Glad Hannah came through the dentest ok. I don't like it either!!! I am glad to get to be a part of Hannah's Big Give. My package will go out Monday!!!

My husband has used a CPAP for almost 20 years now. The first time he was tested he went 90 seconds without breathing. We never go anywhere without it now. Also, my second son uses one. They are absolute believers in the difference it makes.

One thing to know for your trip--you will want to be sure to carry Hannah's CPAP on the plane with you (you don't want it lost!). Also, most airports screen CPAP machines a little more intensely than regular carry-on items. Mike has to take his out of the case and send it through the scanner separately then they swab it and test for explosives. Salt Lake Airport is really strick about this but some airports are much less concerned. Just be prepared and it is no big deal. Mike travels a lot (80,000 miles/yr) and this is one of the things that tends to drive him crazy.

Glad Miss Hannah is doing well after her dental experience. It makes my mouth hurt just to think about it!

Happy 4th to you and your family!

Thanks for the heads up. Paul(husband) has sleep apnea too so he has traveled with his before but this is Hannah's first plane trip. I can imagine how we will look going through security with two CPAP's , car seats, carry ons, a wheelchair/stroller combo.I am trying to condense and check as much as I can but the CPAP's will definitely be going as carry on.I can't imagine the nightmare of the airlines(not to mention expense as our insurance will only pay for the initial set up-no replacements ever!-don't even get me started on that as Paul has had his for over 10 years and I fear the day his gives out)loosing or damaging them. I am glad they have this treatment even though it's a pain in the rear.It makes a HUGE difference for them both.Also with Hannah's heart issues it helps keep things under control.

Hi Heather! My name is Alicia and I wanted you to know that I, too, have been banned from the boutique thread! I got wind that a second "give" had been started, so i searched until I found you! Hannah is just beautiful! You are going to have a wonderful time.

Hi Heather! My name is Alicia and I wanted you to know that I, too, have been banned from the boutique thread! I got wind that a second "give" had been started, so i searched until I found you! Hannah is just beautiful! You are going to have a wonderful time.

Last night I was looking at all your Isabelle's outfits--SO ADORABLE!! I've been peaking and Heather's kids' outfits, too! I can't wait to see them all. Those Disboutiquers are amazing. I wish I wanted to learn how to sew!!!

Hello! Would someone please send me a link so I can sneak a peek at the Disboutiquers treasures? This is so exciting, and such a wondeful gesture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter