When you were new to the Dis,

I just realized that no one answered this.....

A troll is someone who comes on the board with the sole intent of creating controversy or ill will between posters.

I thought that was a :stir:

Then again, what do I know? My post count is low, I must not have a very high IQ...;)

No, I was never accused of being a troll. I started out on the Theme Parks board and mainly lurked, gathering info for an upcoming trip.

Now you can't shut me up. ;)

I thought that was a :stir:

Then again, what do I know? My post count is low, I must not have a very high IQ...;)

Well if you first post was a :stir:, I guess I was trying to be nice to all those complaining about being ignored and assumed it was a real :confused3 , so you can go ahead an :rolleyes: for me trying to be :flower3: .

Well if you first post was a :stir:, I guess I was trying to be nice to all those complaining about being ignored and assumed it was a real :confused3 , so you can go ahead an :rolleyes: for me trying to be :flower3: .

:hug::duck:

Jeez, that was like trying to read a rebus. :lmao: Well done!

I began by posting on the theme parks board and then moved to the DVC boards when we purchased DVC. I've seen some great dramas on those threads! :rotfl:

I don't think I've been called a troll - at least not to my face. I do get ignored a lot because I don't think a lot of people get my humor though. I do agree that the CB is pretty cliquish though - they aren't very welcoming to newcomers, especially those of us with a sarcastic personality.:rolleyes1

Yes.

The DIS is the first message board I've ever joined and posted on, and I started out on the Disneyland forum, which is a very friendly, helpful section of this site.

One day I ventured around the DISabilities forum and noticed several threads related to ECV use. I had just read an article about an ECV rental company in Orlando advertising the use of ECVs for convenience rather than need ("Stay in the parks longer! Don't wear yourself out!"), so posted a thread with a link to that newspaper article.

I did not write the article, I have no opinion on the matter myself, I just thought it would be of interest to those folks who had just been discussing them. I had no idea that this topic could not be discussed civilly among adults, and amazed at the accusations that followed that post! I had no idea what a troll was, but it didn't sound like a good thing! :eek:

I haven't been back over there since. :rotfl:

Yes.

I started out on the theme parks strategies and resorts and restauraunts boards trying to plan my families first visit to WDW. I had never been, and wanted to plan the perfect trip. There was SO much info, and talk about ressies for resaurants and I was getting confused with what park to plan a dinner in on what day based on extra magic hours etc. and was really OVER planning the whole thing. I think about my second post was asking if it was OK to make several different ressies at different resaurants for the same night, in case we changed our minds about park hopping, or didn't like the looks of one of the restaurants..... You can imagine the flames that drew on the dining board. Imediately people were asking if I was serious, stating what a sacriledge it was, whining, crying ,getting all upset, then they all calmed themselves down by reminding each other that it was OK, I was just a troll, when I would say, "NO, I'm jsut new at this and wondering the best way to do it" they would say "Don't feed the troll". It was very unsettling.

Huh? Did you say something? ;) :laughing: OOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :thumbsup2

I started on Theme Parks also, then went to restaurants and resorts before I ever came here. Spent a LONG time just reading here, and an even LONGER time posting on existing threads before I ever started one. CB is its own world...........

:rotfl: ORANGE POWER. :thumbsup2

Not yet but still new here. I will admit I only came to the DIS at first to read my DW's TR.

I have noticed that low post count posters do tend to get ignored alot here no matter how good there post is. I used to be a mod on a couple of online game forums and I always encourged new posters :confused3

Yep, it seems like the majority of times a newbie asks about: ECVs, refillable mugs, pool hopping etc : WOW! No mercy! It's really silly, people do have questions. Is it so hard to be civil?

Okay, there have been some SPECTACULAR trolls :rotfl2:

I've never been accused of being a troll, but I won't say I haven't thought of baiting some of the more nasty types! :rolleyes1

Jean

Hm, no I don't think so.

I signed up when I was very young because my mother had an account. I mostly lurked and would ask a few questions now and then. After that I basically forgot about the account until I was bored on the computer one day and remembered the DIS becuase my mom was always on it.

Anyways, so I basically just posted on the Teen Board at first. Then I ventured out to the trip planning boards because we were planning a WDW trip. I eventually started visiting the CB more regularly because the topics interested me more than the ones on the TB.

I've definitely said my share of contoversial things, but with my join date in 2003 (and high post count) people usually just think that I like to argue and am very opinionated. :)

To answer the OP, yes, on my very first post I was accused of being a troll. It was on the wedding board of all places. I was planning my Disney wedding and there was a girl who said she had the same exact time, date and place scheduled for her wedding. I had already had everything planned and paid for so I was a little panicked. I registered (had just lurked before) and posted about how we had the same time/date blah blah and maybe there was a mix up somewhere. I was thinking someone at Disney had told one or both of us the wrong thing.

Wow! Sorry that happened to you! The brides on the weddings board are the last ones who should call anyone a "troll"!! I would say new posters show up there almost more often than the welcome board! But not all DISbrides are bad!;)

Wedding board is scary...almost as scary as DVC boards and resort board. :scared1:

:rotfl: It has it's moments!;)

I can account for this - she baits me daily! ;)

Heeerrreeeee
Squiddy! Squiddy!

fishing-live-bait.gif

Yep, it seems like the majority of times a newbie asks about: ECVs, refillable mugs, pool hopping etc : WOW! No mercy! It's really silly, people do have questions. Is it so hard to be civil?

Many times DIS members with high post counts should remember that they learned their information when they were newbies. I don't think it is funny when they poke fun at questions that get asked over and over. To me, that is a troll. If you don't like what is being asked-don't answer-simple as that. It shouldn't matter if you have 1 post count or 10,000.

No, but I also started on the theme park boards. I heard dark rumors about the CB...so of course I decided to check it out;) . It took a long time for me to post and I stay away from the controversial threads.

I'm as boring as they come, so no one ever thought I was a troll. Now, a thread killer... that's a different story for another thread :)

I have noticed that low post count posters do tend to get ignored alot here no matter how good there post is.

I'm sorry, did you all hear something? I could have sworn that I heard someone making a good post. Oh well, it must just be someone with a low post count. :confused3

:rotfl: Sorry. I couldn't resist. That is how I feel sometimes, though. There have been a couple of "deep" threads where I have ventured to post something that I find pretty intelligent-sounding, and if someone does choose to respond - they basically say that I must be confused, then make my exact same point, just in different words. Then everyone responds with a bunch of "ITA's". You know, kind of like you doing all the work, then your boss getting all the congrats! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter