• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you meet another Disney lover!

I wish I had someone close to me to talk with
my sons are non-verbal so they can't even talk but my oldest keeps getting the Disney Scrapbooks out & loves my screen saver

Youngest keeps trying to get everything out to go back (actually packed clothes one day)

I know that feeling. I find myself holding back as well, don't want to come off as 'that guy' :eek:

"here let me give you my top 25 tips for ropedrop..."

I am the same way. While I love Disney, I don't want to be known as the crazy freak. Lets face it some people just don't want the tips and all the information. Thankfully, my Dh is the same as me and well, we have each other.

We actually just got back yesterday and I am in that mourning period because I know it will be approx. 18 months until we go again. So sad. We were there for 8 days but I could have used a few more days.

We went with another family that I could tell just didn't get it. They are great friends of ours and we love them, but they just aren't Disney freaks like us. Of course, I didn't know this going in becuase they had never been to WDW. I realized this on the second day of the trip at Magic Kingdom rope drop when we were excited to see the Opening Show and they were like whatever. They didn't even take their two year old out of the stroller so she could see the show. Part of the problem was the wife of the other family is pregnant and was sick the whole time. I felt so badly for her. They spent 3 of the 8 days at the hotel. I just felt terrible that they missed out on so much WDW has to offer. Honestly, when they were with us the wife was truly sick and the husband seemed like he would rather be elsewhere so we didn't mind that they bailed on three of the days.

I have no one to talk Disney with. Even my husband is not as "into it" as I am now. He, on the other hand, works with several guys who are Disney lovers. That is what convinced him to agree to us going this year. :thumbsup2

My family thinks I'm obsessed- they just don't get it.
I planned a faimly vacation to WDW and most of the family is staying off-site- because "there isn't that much to do there"???!!! They have never stayed onsite- so they really don't know what they're missing. I was soo looking forward to dinner together in a different disney restaurant every night, but they won't be able to get on the dining plan. We are staying for 10 days with a park-hopper 10 day ticket. I'll be lucky if they join us for 3 of those days. I wish they loved Disney like I do. :confused:

PS the family consists of my 2 sisters and their families, my Dad and his girlfriend, and my DH, DD and 2 granddaughters. I am teaching my 5 year old granddaughter to be disney-obsessed- in a good way!:goodvibes

I don't want to be known as the crazy freak.

I just warn people up front when the topic of Disney comes up. :-) "I'm an admitted Disney Geek," I tell them. I can usually determine by their reaction to this comment whether they are willing to hear my insanity. If they smile, laugh and open the door for more conversation, it is usually quite fun. If they look at me like I have two heads, I clam up. :-)

There IS a 12-Step program for us, and it's called THE DIS!!! :-) We can all come here and feel normal, have our addiction validated, and work through issues. Best 12-Step I can think of! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter