• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you go to the parks by yourself....

moonvine

Earning My Ears
do they make you sit on the rides with a random person, or do you get to sit by yourself?

by YOURSELF.....

unless it is a bigger ride - Dinasours (at AK) you will share a ride - i think it seats 6, listen to the land (land-EPcot) you will share a ride 6 or 5, sometimes Its a small world - other times we haven't - sometimes we are the only ones in a boat.... :confused3

great movie ride at Studio maybe 6 across, the tower of terror you are seated in a BIG elevator - so what 4 across each side (might be 6)?

world of energy - big cars - maybe 12 across.

there might be a few others -

It depends a lot on the ride and the way the seating is set up.

If you take a "single rider line" then you must share with others by being used to fill in a row. If not a single rider line and you ask, depending on the level of crowdedness and the number of spaces you may or may not get a row to yourself.

moonvine said:
do they make you sit on the rides with a random person, or do you get to sit by yourself?
From my many rides (7 solo trips), they've never made me share a row, ride car, anything, with another person. Once at IASW, I really felt bad because they squeezed a family of 4 into the front, narrower, row on a boat, then gave me the entire second row to myself. I sometimes wonder if they do that because, in this day and age, if they put me with a person whom I later claim tried something, maybe they're afraid I'd sue Disney (I really don't know the reason, just guessing).

I go solo all the time, including staying overnight at the resorts. I do use caution and am aware of my suurounding and don't put myself in uncomfortable positions and never mention to anyone that i am alone. I will go to the parks and DTD but i tend to stay away from PI when solo. I feel safe at the hotels and dine solo. I don't usually go to the reorts lounges, however. Not for safety reasons so much, just that Bars and drinking arent my thing, one reason I go to wdw often, it is good clean safe fun. I like the moderate resorts and do stay at them but i do feel safer at a resort such as Wilderness Lodge where there are indoor coridors and everything is pretty much in one building, especially at night.

GalDisney said:
I like the moderate resorts and do stay at them but i do feel safer at a resort such as Wilderness Lodge where there are indoor coridors and everything is pretty much in one building, especially at night.
That is one of the main reasons for choosing Wilderness Lodge for my upcoming solo trip. I originally had Pop Century but the more I thought about it, I just didn't like the thought of that seeing as I would be alone.

Simba's Mom said:
From my many rides (7 solo trips), they've never made me share a row, ride car, anything, with another person. Once at IASW, I really felt bad because they squeezed a family of 4 into the front, narrower, row on a boat, then gave me the entire second row to myself. I sometimes wonder if they do that because, in this day and age, if they put me with a person whom I later claim tried something, maybe they're afraid I'd sue Disney (I really don't know the reason, just guessing).

This is awesome news, though I'm sorry that you felt bad.

I am a fat chick and don't want myself or anyone else to be squished on a ride. :teeth:

moonvine said:
This is awesome news, though I'm sorry that you felt bad.

I am a fat chick and don't want myself or anyone else to be squished on a ride. :teeth:

don't worry - I am a BIG woman too...

the rides that you might share - are either very, very tame - like Listen to the land. or so wild that it has seat belt, lap belts or like mission:space - you aren't going anywhere.... :)

in test track the car is not like one you have a home - each seat is separated from the others. there is a little wall (about 3" high) between each seat.

the only ride that might be too small is the Thunder Mountain RR or the rides in Toontown both is MK.

disney designs for big people.... :goodvibes

yearbook50 said:
That is one of the main reasons for choosing Wilderness Lodge for my upcoming solo trip. I originally had Pop Century but the more I thought about it, I just didn't like the thought of that seeing as I would be alone.

I have stayed at Pop Century twice alone. It is very safe. It has much more lighting - both outside and inside than WL.

WL tries to be romantic.... so lots of dark places.

The only 2-seat ride that I was ever put with another person on is Expedition Everest. Other than that, it's like what everyone else here has said.

Most "ride" attractions, I sit with other people as they are usually 3 or more seats per row. The attractions that are just for 2 people, they will let me sit alone.

I've been allowed to sit alone on almost every ride that has no single line. If it has a singles line, I go for that, because:
1) It moves so much faster
2) Most likely they'll put a single with you anyway, if there's an empty seat next to you
3) I meet so many interesting people that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter