• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you don't want to go to the park...

¡WDW!girlrox(:

Those who don't believe in magic will never find i
what do you do instead? We have planned for mini golf, plenty of pool time, downtown disney, and visiting the Boardwalk. Do you think this is enough to keep us occupied? Or will we run out of things to do?
What do you do when you don't want to go to the parks?

Thanks!

Yeah, that's most likely enough to keep you occupied. If you have extra time at the end though you could always just visit other resorts. That's always fun.

Yeah that all sounds like fun. Mini-Golf is always a really good time. There's tons to do at the Boardwalk, and the candy store has some awesome hand-made Disney chocolates! Downtown Disney is fun too, lots of shopping and interesting things to do.
You could also maybe take out a mouseboat. They are those little boats and you can take them out at a bunch of Disney resorts. My favorite place to take out a mouseboat is a the GF or the Polynesian because then you can see the castle and it's really fun.
You could also maybe sign up for a tour, or go look at a hotel you've always wanted to stay at.
In the GF there's a newish shop (or maybe I never noticed it) called Basin White. It's kind of like Lush but they had a bunch of Disney inspired soaps and scents. I spent like an hour in there smelling everything and buying stuff. There's only like 3 or 4 of these stores in the United States so go check it out.
You could also do a spa afternoon/morning at one of the spas.
You can rent out a surry bike at (the ones on the Boardwalk are so much fun) and ride around.
There's tons to do.
If you're looking for a lazy day, a lot of the resorts will let your rent Disney DVDs for free and the resorts have DVD players in them. So that's fun for a rainy afternoon.
Hope I helped :)

Yeah, Downtown Disney is what we usually do, and we also ride the monorail to the different resorts, and look around each of them. It's fun, and not as hard on your feet as a park would be.

Usually the parks take up the whole day. But if you got time I would do Downtown Disney, explore the places and shops, go swimming in the resort pool, order room service, or just chill in the hotel room and watch some TV probably.

I've always wanted to do some hotel hopping. It'd be a fun way to spend the day.
I also really like reading when I'm at Disney. I almost always set aside a day or two largely dedicated to that.

Yeah that all sounds like fun. Mini-Golf is always a really good time. There's tons to do at the Boardwalk, and the candy store has some awesome hand-made Disney chocolates! Downtown Disney is fun too, lots of shopping and interesting things to do.
You could also maybe take out a mouseboat. They are those little boats and you can take them out at a bunch of Disney resorts. My favorite place to take out a mouseboat is a the GF or the Polynesian because then you can see the castle and it's really fun.
You could also maybe sign up for a tour, or go look at a hotel you've always wanted to stay at.
In the GF there's a newish shop (or maybe I never noticed it) called Basin White. It's kind of like Lush but they had a bunch of Disney inspired soaps and scents. I spent like an hour in there smelling everything and buying stuff. There's only like 3 or 4 of these stores in the United States so go check it out.
You could also do a spa afternoon/morning at one of the spas.
You can rent out a surry bike at (the ones on the Boardwalk are so much fun) and ride around.
There's tons to do.
If you're looking for a lazy day, a lot of the resorts will let your rent Disney DVDs for free and the resorts have DVD players in them. So that's fun for a rainy afternoon.
Hope I helped :)

I have never heard about renting free DVDs! That's great!
How do you go about doing that though? Do you just go down to the lobby and ask?

Thanks everyone! You really helped!:-)

We will usually sleep in, go mini golfing (or rent the boats and go out for a couple hours) then spend the rest of the day at DTD shopping and relaxing.

we call that our "recovery day"

¡WDW!girlrox(:;37330341 said:
I have never heard about renting free DVDs! That's great!
How do you go about doing that though? Do you just go down to the lobby and ask?

Thanks everyone! You really helped!:-)

I usually stay concierge so I just go down to the front desk and they have drawers full of them. You ask to rent a DVD they take your room number and signature and you can take whatever movie you want.
I'm sure it works the same way when you're not staying concierge level. Just ask at the front desk, or call :) It's a lot of fun, they have all the classics!

I usually stay concierge so I just go down to the front desk and they have drawers full of them. You ask to rent a DVD they take your room number and signature and you can take whatever movie you want.
I'm sure it works the same way when you're not staying concierge level. Just ask at the front desk, or call :) It's a lot of fun, they have all the classics!

thanks!:-)

usally we are exploring the resorts around bay lake if we aren't going to the park, you'd be suprised how many hours you could kill wandering around the poly and looking at flowers or walking around inside the Grand Floridan trying not to feel underdressed (next trip we plan on jumping on a boat headed towards the Wilderness Lodge).

Another thing we do if were not in a rush for the parks is hang out in the room or pool, and we only do Downtown Disney once and we usally come back with Pins and Lego sets.

Well in my opinion, i think that will keep you occupied. But, if you do run out of things to do, maybe you can go to Disney Quest. I know its part of downtown disney, but i've heard its fun. In my opinion, some other families like to do this, i like to go and visit the other hotels. You can walk through the lobbies and check out the stores. If you are staying in one of the deluxe resorts ( Contemporary, Polyneisian, and the grand floridian) you can hop on the monorail and go to all three of them.

When we're not at the parks, we're exploring the hotel, sleeping (I never get enough sleep at WDW), at the pool, riding the boats they have at some of the hotel's marinas, playing in the arcade, going to DTD, listening to the band/piano at the Grand Floridian, or watching the Yankees game. But, honestly, the parks keep you busy enough that you don't really have to do much of that stuff :-)

One time we were going to explore the Floridian. We did with the Polynesian. Amazing.

Another fun thing we did on our day like this was to visit the disney store in the outlet mall. If you have a car or some way to get offsite its literally 5 minutes from Disney property. We found alot of stuff there that was cheaper than the same exact stuff you would find on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter