When you arrive/take ur bedspread off, what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked if you would stay in a hospital that didn't change their sheets every day. Let me just say, the hospitals that I worked in (and they were very good hospitals) did not change them every day. They, of course, change them before a new patient but only every couple of days after that. How often do you change them at home?

Yes I have seen them do it between paitents and if needed while I was in the hospital as a patient. However I do mine every two weeks. It wold be every week, but it is pricy when you pay for every load via quarters. I hate doing it that way. I can't wait to get my own washer and dryer

I change my beds sheet once a week at home, BUT AT LEAST I KNOW WHO is sleeping on those sheets/in that bed....

If they are changed between guests, then what is the problem :confused3?
Why do they need to be changed more often in a hotel than at home?

Emily

All this talk of the beds but what about all the other things you come in contact with.

How do you know the towels were changed? If the previous guest left a used towel hanging (properly folded) on the towel rack, how do you know housekeeping changed it? And have you ever thought about whose wet bathing suit might have hung there before your towel?

Do you wipe down the hangers and spray the closet before hanging your clothes?

Do you clean the chair in the room before sitting in it?

Do you steam clean the carpet before walking across it?

And going beyond the room, do you clean the seat at the restaurant or the ride before sitting down? Just think about all the sweaty/wet butts that have sat down before you.

When we check into a hotel I look around for general cleanliness. I check the sheets, the bathroom, the floor, etc to make sure housekeeping is doing their job. If I spot something I call the front desk and ask for it to be cleaned. If we drive we always bring our own pillow only because we sleep better with our own pillows. I usually take the bedspread off only because it too hot and it is usually scratchy and stiff. I don't think about who or what was previously there.

The world is full of germs. The best way to protect yourself is to eat right, exercise, take vitamins and practice good personal hygiene.

You are at Disney, enjoy yourself and stop obsessing about germs!

All this talk of the beds but what about all the other things you come in contact with.

How do you know the towels were changed? If the previous guest left a used towel hanging (properly folded) on the towel rack, how do you know housekeeping changed it? And have you ever thought about whose wet bathing suit might have hung there before your towel?

Do you wipe down the hangers and spray the closet before hanging your clothes?

Do you clean the chair in the room before sitting in it?

Do you steam clean the carpet before walking across it?

And going beyond the room, do you clean the seat at the restaurant or the ride before sitting down? Just think about all the sweaty/wet butts that have sat down before you.

When we check into a hotel I look around for general cleanliness. I check the sheets, the bathroom, the floor, etc to make sure housekeeping is doing their job. If I spot something I call the front desk and ask for it to be cleaned. If we drive we always bring our own pillow only because we sleep better with our own pillows. I usually take the bedspread off only because it too hot and it is usually scratchy and stiff. I don't think about who or what was previously there.

The world is full of germs. The best way to protect yourself is to eat right, exercise, take vitamins and practice good personal hygiene.

You are at Disney, enjoy yourself and stop obsessing about germs!

I go to a hotel to avoid all this housecleaning. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

For these who use sanitising foggers how long do you stay out of the room after? I am asking because at work we had the plant done at 5pm and the next shift who came in at 7pm where told they couldn't go into the plant til 9.30pm.

For these who use sanitising foggers how long do you stay out of the room after? I am asking because at work we had the plant done at 5pm and the next shift who came in at 7pm where told they couldn't go into the plant til 9.30pm.

Great. This means guest coming after you could choke to death because you used a poisoned spay.
(not meaning you in person of course)

Just curious, I know you can bring cleaning wipes in your luggage, but not aerosol, so where do you get the Lysol? I am not against a little "room cleaning", but do the hotels sell Lysol?
Nicole

The only thing I have cleaned on vacation is the remote control and it was sticky. Not sure if it was before we got there or if my boys got to it before me. Last year I know it was the that way when we got there the GS was sleeping when we got to the room. Just a miss no problem we fixed everything else was fine. I go on vacation to relax not work. I have never had a problem so far with mousekeeping.:goodvibes

I always chuckle about these threads when people say, "I take the bedspead off because other guests have sat on it without clothes."

True, but don't kid yourself. Other guests also will have sat on the chairs and the couch without clothes!

Are you going to avoid sitting down your entire vacation? If not, rest assured you will be sitting where someone else's nude person preceded you. And, the sofa and chairs won't have been cleaned before your arrival!

All you germophobes need to expose yourself more. Before you flame me, let me explain. You have a kid, take him to daycare for the first time and he gets sick. . .seems he is sick every week. Eventually your child stops being sick. This is because his own body develops antibodies to the germs he picks up in Daycare. We have sterilized ourselves so much that we can't function. We keep getting sick because our immune system can't handle the new germs.

We have allergies, my oldest is the worse.:mad: My DD has had reactions to things that I never dreamed of, such as deodorants. I constantly have to be on lookout. One time she had a problem with the bed sheets, so I just stripped the bed she was using and took all linens and washed them myself. Worst thing Disney could do is charge me for linens, better than my DD being miserable whole trip.

Now onto my germs, I figure it like this, by the time I add in tickets, car rentals, tips, etc to our vacation bill we are around 10, 000 dollars, and my can of lysol has held many a germs at bay from ruining our trips. We have had one too many trips with everyone being caught unawares by Norwalk virus, if I can stop it from happening again,,,,I will.:thumbsup2

Just curious, I know you can bring cleaning wipes in your luggage, but not aerosol, so where do you get the Lysol? I am not against a little "room cleaning", but do the hotels sell Lysol?
Nicole

I have shipped a box to myself to avoid overages at airports, and put it in there. I have also had the Garden Grocer deliver it, which I loved. WE had them deliver snacks, water, shampoos, etc. It really made a difference, it was easy, and I would do it again in a snap.;)

I'm gonna get enough germs at the parks! I prefer to take an extra light weight blanket! Onlly problem is, the last blanket I carried was white and mousekeeping took it and I never got it back. All I got was a balloon and an apology, along with a letter a couple of weeks later telling me it never surfaced! Anyway, I still take an extra balnket and fold it up and put it away when we leave for the day!

Now onto my germs, I figure it like this, by the time I add in tickets, car rentals, tips, etc to our vacation bill we are around 10, 000 dollars, and my can of lysol has held many a germs at bay from ruining our trips. We have had one too many trips with everyone being caught unawares by Norwalk virus, if I can stop it from happening again,,,,I will.:thumbsup2

Yes but unless you are wiping the monorail seats, doors, walls, the ferry seats, walls, doors, the rides, the lampposts, the rails, etc you get the idea all you are doing is helping to create the super germs that are thriving. Wiping the room down is only making Lysol richer (which I'm sure they are thanking this generation of germaphobes) and is the proverbial drop in a bucket. It has very little impact on whether you get sick or not on your trip.

I do check for bed bugs. There's information on line, you need to take a small flashlight. I also pack most of my clothes in those giant sized baggies - the ones that could hold several outfits each.

There were some posts a while back asking if the comforters are washed every time. I'd hope so, given who knows who did what on top of them! I've met some filthy, disgusting people in my time so I think it's a reasonable concern, not being a germaphobe.

People go walking in public restrooms where people peed on the floor or through the grass and step in duck poop, then put their shoes up on the bed. If you come into my house, shoes off first....

me, too:goodvibes I also bring a spray bottle filled with lavendar/rosewood/lemon eucalyptus essential oil solution that I spray in the bath, floors, and covers--just in case.

Makes the room smell good and it's a green sanitizer.

Great. This means guest coming after you could choke to death because you used a poisoned spay.
(not meaning you in person of course)

I must have put it wrongly I work in a food factory making Weetabix. As a sop the plant is fogged to be as bug free as possible to give the best hygene for our customers. We the workers where banned from being in the plant for the last 2 hours of our shift because of it, the next where banned for the same amount of time. I just wondered about the santising bombs people use in hotels do they indicate a time that the room must be empty before its safe to go back in.

I must have put it wrongly I work in a food factory making Weetabix. As a sop the plant is fogged to be as bug free as possible to give the best hygene for our customers. We the workers where banned from being in the plant for the last 2 hours of our shift because of it, the next where banned for the same amount of time. I just wondered about the santising bombs people use in hotels do they indicate a time that the room must be empty before its safe to go back in.

I understood you very well. We have also very strict rules as we very often transport grains and weeds. Who knows perhaps for Weetabix to. ;)

It was no attack on you but just wondering what would happen if somebody uses the resort room that is sprayed whit Lysol or other poisoned stuff like bug spray.
I can't hardly breath in a room that is moist or when somebody smoked let alone in a room that is sprayed with God knows what.
I know that Mousekeeping also uses cleaning stuff but people using there own poison makes me wonder who is responsible if this goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter