When you arrive: settle in hotel or hit the parks right away?

We like to arrive around noon, check into our resort and then go to downtown disney to eat. Then we hit MK:banana:

Same here!! We consider it just to be a bonus day, so there are no expectations. If we hit just two things, those are two bonus rides! Takes the pressure off, but helps us with our excitement!

If we catch an early flight we get to the resort right before lunch. Drop off bags if room isnt ready and head to MK for lunch and a few rides. By the end of the day we hit the bed like bricks lol but we try to squeeze in all the magic we can :thumbsup2

We take the first non stop flight out and the last non stop flight home in the early evening.
First day, we usually arrive before noon to BCV. We check if Villa is ready. If not we leave carryons with Bell Services and head to Epcot for lunch and a few hours in WS. Once we get the message that the room is ready, we head back. I like to unpack and settle in and we also schedule our wegoshop grocery delivery for around 5. So I put that away as well. Once settled in, I am relaxed for the week. We usually head back to Epcot after unpacking for a dinner ADR.
On our last day we usually have until 3 or 4 before ME pickup, so it is also a park day for us.
Airfare is so high, I like to maximize our park time once we are there.
Have Fun

Didn't get to read all the replies.... but last trip we arrived at the resort around 11am and hung out at the resort until our room was ready at about 2. I really wanted to change and get our suitcases unpacked before we headed out for the night. I knew we'd be back late and would be tired, and there were several items I needed to hang up. So, we chose to wait.

Our next trip, we are arriving around 7pm so we plan to get situated in our room and then head to DTD for an hour or two, and then call it a night so we can be at the parks first thing in the morning.

As for departure day, last trip we left around 2pm on ME. We went to Ohana for breakfast and MK after that, but found ourselves constantly clock watching. We ended up getting back to our resort earlier than we needed to because we didn't want to kill too much time at MK. I hated the feeling of needing to kill time, so I might see if we can get a flight out around noon or so next time. Or else, a really late flight like 8pm.

The first time I went I got in too late to do anything but check-in at the hotel and go to bed. Our flight wasn't until early evening so we did go to a park that day.
This trip, we're getting in early morning but just taking the day to do some hotel hopping and look at these cool places I've only heard about on this board.

We drive, so we typically get to Orlando between 4-6 (depending on how early we leave). We use that first night to relax - swim, order pizza, etc. and head to the parks first thing the next day. We have used that first night to hit DTD and grab dinner there, but we typically just chill at the hotel.

Resort day, dinner in DTD or a resort.

We like to get settled and rest because we drive from Texas straight through.

Since I have three small kids, when I arrived in Orlando, we checked into the hotel, and then the kids swam. We explored the resort, had dinner there, and went to bed early. We got up the next morning to go to MK at rope drop. I'd do this again in a heartbeat. I think it worked well.

Definitely stick to the resort. We check in, go to the room, unpack and then head to the pool!! Then clean up and head to Boma for our traditional first night dinner.

If we arrive early in the morning, we do a quick check in and then we're off to the parks. If the room is ready, we'll bring our luggage there before heading off.

If we arrive in the afternoon, we'll check in and then explore the resort and/or head to DTD. Then we have plenty of energy to hit the parks the next day.

First day, I usually like to spend at the hotel or Downtown Disney, have a nice dinner and get some rest before starting the parks the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter