when would you go..Sept. or Oct. 2011??

heath-and-javens-mom

I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that
We're trying to decide on some dates. I know we wanna go in the fall, but which month is better? Are there any groups that come in that we should avoid?? .......And how about the weather?
Your help is appreciated. :goodvibes

In my opinion fall is one of the BEST times to visit. I would go the 2nd or 3rd week in October. You have the fall decorations and the food and wine festival and the weather is perfect!!

We enjoy both Sept (low crowds) and Oct which has very managable crowds.Late Sept to mid Oct the weather seems close to the same(most of the time) but we have been lately going in Oct for the F&WF.:cool1::cool1:

We've gone a few times at the end of September just before the F&W festival begins. The best thing is very small crowds. It was still pretty hot (upper 80's/low 90's). Probably the biggest downside is that's peak hurricane season, but it hasn't been an issue for us yet.

For lowest crowds-September, but it is still very hot and humid. Late October is nicer weather, but slightly more crowded.

We've never been in September, but I've gone in December, January, February & October. October is my favorite!! But then again, fall is my favorite time of year. The weather is perfect, IMO. And I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. Plus I loved the Food & Wine festival.

I've heard rumors that the lat week of Sept/first week of Oct this year might be busier than usual, due to the discounts that have been going on. The last on (Free Dining) ended Sept 29, and the current room only discount ends Oct 1, so a lot of people (like me) are hitting the last day of the promotion period to get the discounts, and staying into the first week or so of October.

Not sure if there's any real truth to this, or if it will really make a difference, but it's something to consider.

We have been going in October for the F & W fest for the last 10 years. One thing of note, each and every year has been busier than the preceeding year. It certainly isn't like Christmas or summer, but it is much more crowded than it used to be. September would definitely be quieter.
We have gone early in the month and late in the month. The later we go the nicer the weather. It can still be very hot and humid in early October.
Enjoy

October is my favorite time of the year to go. The weather is great and you can enjoy F&w and MNNSHP:banana:

Terri

I've done both September and October vacations and prefer October. I will take the larger crowds in exchange for slightly cooler weather.

We're hoping for the best of both. We are there the last week of September and the first week of October. That seemed to solve the problem :rotfl:

been in both Oct and Sept and both months are great for crowds, it is still very hot and humid in sept.....

We have been Aug, Sep and Oct and much prefered oct to the rest we loved F&W and although crowded on occasions this was mostly at EPCOT.

Weather is also much less humid and that makes it much more comfortable for touring the parks.

Aug was a nightmare heat/humidity wise and we would never do that again unless someone gave us a free holiday.

For lowest crowds-September, but it is still very hot and humid. Late October is nicer weather, but slightly more crowded.

I agree, my words too. But lets not forget it's hurricane season, so this can affect both months.

We are going September due to our annual pass expiry but we have been twice in September and its great however if it wasn't for the annual passes we would go in late October when its not so hot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter