• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will there be a new update to the UG May Crowd Blog?

RevBob

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when Len will be posting an update to the May Crowd Blog? We are leaving for WDW in a few weeks and have followed the ongoing discusion concerning anticipated May crowd levels. Would like to have a better idea on the anticipated crowd levels so we can make our plans!

I'm hoping to hear something too! We leave in 15 days (can't wait!) and am wondering what's the scoop. I was surprised when I was able to make dinner PS at Crystal Palace on 5/14 (Saturday- UG Blog states it might be an 8) with no trouble; in fact, they had quite a few openings, and I just called last night. Maybe it won't be a 3 (as originally stated by UG) but maybe only a 5? I can only hope! :scratchin

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to do something tomorrow evening. I'm finishing up the updates to Epcot's touring plans for Soarin', and should get back to the blog on Wednesday evening. I'm traveling most of the rest of the week, too, but will post here when possible too.

Thanks for reading the blog!

Len

We will be leaving in 18 days and are interested in the anticipated crowds. Glad to hear that you are making an updated touring plan for Epcot that will include Soarin'. Will that be available on touringplans.com? Will you have an updated plan for MGM which will include Lights, Motor, Action, sometime soon?
Thanks again

I'm keeping an eye on the blog, too. We'll be there May 21-27 and are *so* hoping that the crowd levels will not be 8s :earseek: ! I'll have to change our touring plans completely if so. I'm traveling with MIL and FIL who'll be in ECVs and I booked the May dates hoping for somewhat low crowds so they could navigate easily -- all this before I found out about the 50th anniv celebration -- now I cringe every time I see the ad on tv!

jasmine206 said:
Can someone post the link to this blog please? We leave on Saturday - thanks!! :flower:
Jasmine206, go to touringplans.com. You will see something about the blog down at the far bottom right corner of the web page. Click on it and it should take you there.

We leave next week, and I am interested to see if further changes are made. I was wondering about how the touring plan would change with the addition of Soarin to the park. I figured it would have to be first on the list - if not the first fast pass. Can't wait to hear! Also wondering if there is a shortcut to it from the international gateway. I will be entering the park from BWI.

Wow, KellyandKids, you're right! The new Epcot touring plans are out, and Soarin' is indeed the first FASTPASS attraction. (Technically, we say use FASTPASS only if the wait is more than 30 minutes, but I know what you meant.) The adult touring plans start in FWE, with TT and M:S, then hop over to FP Soarin', and hit Living with the Land next.

The kid-centric touring plans start at Soarin' (if they're tall enough), the LwtL, then the Living Seas and Turtle Talk with Crush before that gets crazy...what's the hourly capacity there, like 300 people?

We stay on that side of Future World through lunch. The two-day plans have mid-day breaks back at the hotel, while the one-day plan finishes FW with UoE and heads for a quick tour of World Showcase.

Next blog update should be Friday morning, unless I can find some connectivity in the Newark airport Thursday night.

Len

Thanks for keeping us updated Len! Does the Epcot Soarin info go into the updated pages for the 2005 edition (or 2004?) on the website? My mother just returned from her trip and said Soarin alone was worth the admission price to Epcot. I had told her to make a beeline for it the minute they entered the park. She wanted to ride it again after their first ride, but my 10 year old nephew she was with "freaked out" at the heights. Oh well, you can't please everyone can you?
Hope you find what you need at the airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter