When will the tower of terror 10 miler be?

helloirishkitty

DIS Veteran
What are the guesses for the weekend for the 10 miler?

The wine and dine program said September 28-29, 2013. The marathon weekend program says October 2013. Do you think they'll move it to the end of October closer to Halloween or leave it as the first weekend?

Yeah, I noticed that and found it odd that they didn't have the actual date on the program. I don't know, it just might be a typo. But, if they do move it, I am guessing they would just move it a week. It would not be wise to have it any closer to the Wine & Dine.

I thought the 2012 TOT program had it for the end of Sept. I'll have to look around and see if I can find the program.:confused3

I thought the 2012 TOT program had it for the end of Sept. I'll have to look around and see if I can find the program.:confused3

It did - off by one day, the 28th in 2013 I think. But the "Oct." listing in the WDW Marathon program has me cautiously optimistic... I know a LOT of us said in the post-race survey that it would be much better if it were a couple weeks later into fall.

It wouldn't be the first time they've changed a previously announced date (W&D this year is a prime example).

At least they've always done it BEFORE registration opens unlike some.

It did - off by one day, the 28th in 2013 I think. But the "Oct." listing in the WDW Marathon program has me cautiously optimistic... I know a LOT of us said in the post-race survey that it would be much better if it were a couple weeks later into fall.

Oh, I hope they move it! I am still deciding if I want to do ToT or W&D this year, and moving it to October may make that decision easier as I absolutely love the 10 mile distance for a night race, but hated the heat and humidity.

Oh, I hope they move it! I am still deciding if I want to do ToT or W&D this year, and moving it to October may make that decision easier as I absolutely love the 10 mile distance for a night race, but hated the heat and humidity.

Ditto on all of that - the theme of W&D isn't terribly appealing to me, but the later date was tempting... I think I'd really rather have another shot at a better TOT if they'd push it back a bit. It's amazing what a difference a week or two can make in FL, right?! It could still be terribly hot in Oct., but it might not... but it's a guarantee of mugginess in Sept., lol!

Ditto on all of that - the theme of W&D isn't terribly appealing to me, but the later date was tempting... I think I'd really rather have another shot at a better TOT if they'd push it back a bit. It's amazing what a difference a week or two can make in FL, right?! It could still be terribly hot in Oct., but it might not... but it's a guarantee of mugginess in Sept., lol!

I am considering doing W&D because A) I don't have that medal yet, and B) I want to run through the Christmas decorations. However, being a 14mm runner, a 10 miler starting at 10PM gets be done by 12:30, while a half marathon could have me out on the course till 1:15 or later depending on start time. That seems awfully late, and wouldn't leave as much time for the after party...plus, if ToT is $90 again, it's a pretty decent bargain.

I am considering doing W&D because A) I don't have that medal yet, and B) I want to run through the Christmas decorations. However, being a 14mm runner, a 10 miler starting at 10PM gets be done by 12:30, while a half marathon could have me out on the course till 1:15 or later depending on start time. That seems awfully late, and wouldn't leave as much time for the after party...plus, if ToT is $90 again, it's a pretty decent bargain.

You have to do the Wine & Dine over the TOT. It is so much better. Yes, you do have concerns there based on your pace, but if you have spectators who are at the party, I suggest you have them sign up for runner tracking and have some food waiting for you at the end. That way, you can focus on all the rides. Keep in mind that the party goes until 4 a.m., so you will have some time and may have less crowds to deal with because a lot of people do not stay to the end. Your pace can change a lot in a year!

DH and I are hoping it's during our 10th anniversary weekend. We'll be there 10/17-10/20/2013

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Just had a thought... could it be scheduled for a full moon? I thought it was happy coincidence that we had a full moon this year, but that moon really helped with the dark sections of the roadways... maybe? That would make it Oct. 18, but they could move a day ahead to the 19th and still have a mostly full moon...

PrincessV said:
Just had a thought... could it be scheduled for a full moon? I thought it was happy coincidence that we had a full moon this year, but that moon really helped with the dark sections of the roadways... maybe? That would make it Oct. 18, but they could move a day ahead to the 19th and still have a mostly full moon...

My anniversary is the 18th so that would be a huge YAY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

The full moon did fit the environment this year, but I would hope that they move it a little. The full moon may have been a nice touch, but I think most of us would have given anything for a little bit of cool breeze.

Absolutely! So hard to know when a cool breeze might come here in FL though... We're pretty much getting the first since last winter right now, lol! ;)

Rundisney.com Events tab puts it at September 28-30th.

Though all the Marathon final instructions/program still says "October 2013" :confused3

According to the runDisney website, the ToT 10-Miler is scheduled for October 4th and 5th. Registration is $135 by March 26th, but I don't think registration is open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter