• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will posted December hours change?

kangaand2roos

DIS Veteran
I keep checking back for t the Christmas week hours are holding steady. Any guesses as to when they might change? The last three times I went that time of year, MK opened for resort guests at 7:00 nearly every day. Fingers crossed that this year will be no different!

I keep checking back for t the Christmas week hours are holding steady. Any guesses as to when they might change? The last three times I went that time of year, MK opened for resort guests at 7:00 nearly every day. Fingers crossed that this year will be no different!

I've been thinking about that, too. Considering October changes were announced yesterday, I'm guessing the middle of November.

I feel like they extended hours by this time last year. I seem to remember checking the hours for Christmas week before booking my FP+.

I mean, I've been to Disney when they've added hours and EMH intra-week, so yes - there's no "set time" for them to change park hours, but I feel like they should have extended some hours by now.

About a month ago somewhere times were updated to 8 AM opening at MK but then shortly after switched back to 9 AM. Not sure by who, why, or how. We too are impatiently waiting! But I do know that last time we were there over Christmas, hours were extended while we were there. So, I do anticipate there will be longer hours - just not sure which parks, how early, and when we will know.

For reference, here are last year's hours...

upload_2015-10-26_15-58-32.png

In the past few years, Magic Kingdom's late night EMH fell on the first Friday after Christmas. This year, I think it'll be on Sunday, December 27th.

EDIT - These were before the morning EMH for Magic Kingdom was added. MK opened at 7am for EMH.

It seems to be running about mid-month. The final June hours hit on May 11 and the final Nov. hours were posted a week ago. I don't expect to see final Dec. hours for another 3 weeks, give or take a few days.

For reference, here are last year's hours...

View attachment 131181

In the past few years, Magic Kingdom's late night EMH fell on the first Friday after Christmas. This year, I think it'll be on Sunday, December 27th.

EDIT - These were before the morning EMH for Magic Kingdom was added. MK opened at 7am for EMH.

Animal kingdom also opened at 7:00 for EMH days.

Is there any chance they may extend hours for the week of December 12th. I was surprise at how early the parks will be closing during that week. I know MK will close early for MVMCP but it took me by surprise that most of the parks will be closed by 9 or 10p.

Is there any chance they may extend hours for the week of December 12th. I was surprise at how early the parks will be closing during that week. I know MK will close early for MVMCP but it took me by surprise that most of the parks will be closed by 9 or 10p.

Anything is possible.

Last edited:
It was Nov 15th last year when the hours changed (Robo had posted the news). Wish it would be sooner, but doubtful.

Last year, beginning Dec 14th, MK had a 8am opening and a midnight closing on non-party nights., AK had 6pm or 7pm closings (depending on the day), HS had 8pm closings, and EP had 9:30pm closings.

Why do they do this? I know it's coming, but what I don't know is how much they will extend MK hours. As it is, nothing is open past 10 during our trip in early December. I'm really hoping MK hours get extended to midnight on Saturdays.

Why do they do this? I know it's coming, but what I don't know is how much they will extend MK hours. As it is, nothing is open past 10 during our trip in early December. I'm really hoping MK hours get extended to midnight on Saturdays.
Our last early December trip was in 2012, but yes, MK was open until midnight on those early December Saturdays.

Did you see that early Wednesdays, MK is open until 11:00pm and has evening EMH?

It seems as though there is a general consensus that park hours WILL be extended, although for some reason it just hasn't happened yet. Is there anyone who feels that there's a chance that park hours for the week of Dec 13 could remain the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter