When will POFQ update the pool ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Just wondered if there are any rumors of if they may change or update POFQ pool area ?
This is one of the main reason we do not stay there. The pool slide is small and I think it would be nice if they changed things up a bit.
I have a 12 year old who loves the slides and she thinks POFQ slide looks more like for little kids.
Also another reason we dont stay there is I'm not a fan of the mardi gras decor around the pool so some changes with that would be nice.
I know some may really like it so no offense.

We were there in Feb and the pool was closed and fenced off with construction going on inside. Not sure just what they were doing (couldn't see much through the fence) but it seemed they were working on the whole place.

We were there in Feb and the pool was closed and fenced off with construction going on inside. Not sure just what they were doing (couldn't see much through the fence) but it seemed they were working on the whole place.

That's good ! Hope they put in a bigger slide and change the decor :)

That's good ! Hope they put in a bigger slide and change the decor :)

Since the PP reported that the work was done last Feb., and there has been no mention of changes, it would appear that you are destined for disappointment. The slide has been there since the resort opened. Many guests prefer this smaller slide because it is safe for smaller children.. In fact the resort as a whole is often seen as particularly friendly for families with younger children because it is so easy to get around.

As for the Mardi Gras decor - well, it IS themed after New Orleans after all. And what is more iconic than Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Again, since all of the public areas are reflective of that central theme, its highly unlikely that it would go away.

Really, if you don't like the theme of a resort, just pick another resort with a theme you do like. Given that POFQ has the highest occupancy rate of any of the mod resorts, Disney isn't going to start messing with a good thing.

Since the PP reported that the work was done last Feb., and there has been no mention of changes, it would appear that you are destined for disappointment. The slide has been there since the resort opened. Many guests prefer this smaller slide because it is safe for smaller children.. In fact the resort as a whole is often seen as particularly friendly for families with younger children because it is so easy to get around.

As for the Mardi Gras decor - well, it IS themed after New Orleans after all. And what is more iconic than Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Again, since all of the public areas are reflective of that central theme, its highly unlikely that it would go away.

Really, if you don't like the theme of a resort, just pick another resort with a theme you do like. Given that POFQ has the highest occupancy rate of any of the mod resorts, Disney isn't going to start messing with a good thing.

:thumbsup2

But I want the Contemporary to change to a Log Cabin like the Wilderness. That way I could have my WL but walk to MK. :rotfl2:

No need to be rude, I dont expect them to change everything but they could add a larger slide and make the pool area less cartoonish for older children and adults to enjoy.

I have picked another resort. It would be nice to have another smaller mod though. What I like about POFQ is the size but we have not stayed here. Why not make it friendly for all ages and not just younger children :confused3

I like POFQ as it is and like the pool slide just fine. We were there when my DD was about 5 and my mom was 60. Both of them were very comfortable with the slide. That's the only pool slide my mom will go down. The three of us will be there in November and it's 15 years later. Not sure any of us will use the slide, but it will have good memories for us. The theming is appropriate for the theme of this resort.

POR has a longer pool slide as do CSR and CBR. There is something for everyone in the moderate resorts category.

No need to be rude, I dont expect them to change everything but they could add a larger slide and make the pool area less cartoonish for older children and adults to enjoy.

I understand what you are saying, but that would be like saying change Peter Pan to put in a few loop de loops so that my older kid doesn't yawn on it or speed up Pooh so that its more like Test Track.

The nice thing about the resorts is that they are set up and themed to cater to different tastes. My simple solution is that if you want the bigger slide, scoot over to POR right next door. IMO its got the best pool of the mods anyhow, plus a really nice slide. Or if you are intent on POFQ, just walk over and use the pool at Riverside.

I agree with a PP, POFQ is intentionally themed after New Orleans, and you don't get more iconic then marti gras. I'd be absolutely shocked to see anything close to the level of changes that you would like to see.

I think that one of the reasons that POFQ is so darn popular is the pool design. When my DGD was younger, this was the only slide she would use, and quite honestly, the best pool for us to watch her in. Sh is 13 now, and still says POFQ is her favorite resort, and we have stayed at quite a few.

I have picked another resort. It would be nice to have another smaller mod though. What I like about POFQ is the size but we have not stayed here. Why not make it friendly for all ages and not just younger children :confused3

It is family friendly in a way that appeals to those people who want to stay there. There is no resort that appeals to everyone, and that is why there are so many themes to choose from. It seems to me that you like the size of this quaint resort, so you want to make changes in theme and amenities that suit you. I understand that, but think that you are looking at it from an insulated POV. WDW is not going to change this resort until there is a drastic change in occupancy. POFQ seldom has openings for free dining, the few they may have are snapped up quick. POFQ generally has no more than a 15% RO discount because there is no need. FOlks book it at rack rate and are happy to do so.

You don't want them to change everything - just the things that make this resort unique. :confused3 Our family consists of mostly adults now and we quite enjoy all aspects of POFQ as it is now. Including the jazz playing gators and the King Neptune/sea serpent slide. BTW, Google King Neptune/New Orleans to understand the significance of his presence.

As for adding a large slide - how would you suggest they go about this? There is no room to expand since it is surrounded on 3 sides by buildings and on the 4th by the river promenade. And trying to do this but remaining within the existing footprint would mean significantly reducing the amount of seating available around the pool.

As a PP pointed out, POFQ guests have pool privileges at POR. If one wants a larger slide and/or a different pool ambiance, they can go there.

I would like to stay at POFQ, I mean I like everything about it except the pool area. I have stayed at POR and have thought about staying at POFQ to try something new but decided against it. So we may go with AKL or CBR.

Disney has changed a lot of things around for example Maelstrom in the Norway at Epcot will becoming a Frozen ride. They are also in the process of working on changing the Poly, so you never know what changes they may have in store. Just wondered if their were any rumors of any changes at POFQ.

I am 32. I have stayed at POFQ on all of my adult trips which have all not included children. I LOVE the theme of the resort, including the Mardi Gras theme of the pool. The slide is cool looking and great for the younger set who deserve to have something as well. If the slide was made so that teens and the like were the "focus" then you would leave out the little ones. Why is that any more fair?

I honestly hope they don't change a thing about any of the themes at POFQ.

I am 32. I have stayed at POFQ on all of my adult trips which have all not included children. I LOVE the theme of the resort, including the Mardi Gras theme of the pool. The slide is cool looking and great for the younger set who deserve to have something as well. If the slide was made so that teens and the like were the "focus" then you would leave out the little ones. Why is that any more fair?

I honestly hope they don't change a thing about any of the themes at POFQ.

pirate::thumbsup2

I agree! Have always loved the theme at POFQ and hope they don't change it. I was there in February when the pool was closed - it looked liked they were refreshing the paint in the slide area among other things. I don't have any kids and never found anything wrong with the POFQ theme or pool - I would go down the slide right now if I were brave enough and didn't care so much of what others thought! pixiedust:

I would like to stay at POFQ, I mean I like everything about it except the pool area. I have stayed at POR and have thought about staying at POFQ to try something new but decided against it. So we may go with AKL or CBR.

We love the pool area and decor at POFQ. We actually enjoy it more then POR. The slide at POR is not that much longer or faster anyways.

I figure if it's the water slides that people are in to, why not check out Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

We love the pool area and decor at POFQ. We actually enjoy it more then POR. The slide at POR is not that much longer or faster anyways.

I figure if it's the water slides that people are in to, why not check out Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

I have to nicely:laughing: disagree about the slides. The slide at POR is almost twice as long 94 linear feet compared to 51 linear feet and my oldest DD can tell you its faster:rotfl:. We would really miss the allegator musicians if they got rid of them.

I have to nicely:laughing: disagree about the slides. The slide at POR is almost twice as long 94 linear feet compared to 51 linear feet and my oldest DD can tell you its faster:rotfl:. We would really miss the allegator musicians if they got rid of them.

I know that the slides are longer and faster at POR. I did say that they were. :confused3

My point is, IMO, once kids get a bit older, neither slide is that exciting. Once they've been on both slides a handful of times each, then they start swimming and enjoying the rest of the pool. That's why a waterpark is a great idea.

POFQ was my first on-site experience, and although all Disney resorts are amazing, this one is my least favorite. I actually prefer Pop Century over the moderates because it feels more like Disney then the other moderates I have stayed. The over-sized Icons and the amazing lobby has the same magic as the parks.

OP, I understand what you are saying about the pool area of POFQ. It is the area of POFQ that appeals to me the least also. However, I agree with the other posters that it is unlikely to change. My response: I have stayed at the other moderates much more often than I have stayed at POFQ.

I like the small size of the resort, but I find a preferred room at CBR, CSR or POR to be just as convenient and themed more to my liking. I'm thinking that you might love a preferred room in the newly refurbished CBR?? Or the CSR has a great pool area for anyone! A preferred room or a business class room is awesome at this almost deluxe moderate!

So many great choices! Enjoy!

OP, I understand what you are saying about the pool area of POFQ. It is the area of POFQ that appeals to me the least also. However, I agree with the other posters that it is unlikely to change. My response: I have stayed at the other moderates much more often than I have stayed at POFQ.

I like the small size of the resort, but I find a preferred room at CBR, CSR or POR to be just as convenient and themed more to my liking. I'm thinking that you might love a preferred room in the newly refurbished CBR?? Or the CSR has a great pool area for anyone! A preferred room or a business class room is awesome at this almost deluxe moderate!

So many great choices! Enjoy!

Yes preferred at CBR is the plan right now unless a good discount comes out for AKL :thumbsup2. We would like to stay at one that we havent stayed at before. We have already stayed at CSR and POR. POR is one of my favorites and have stayed there twice. I doubt I will ever stay at POFQ but who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter