? when will others match SWA

Deesknee

<font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)
Now that SWA has come out with their fares thru beginning of Aug. Will & When will the other airlines match? PLEASE say they will match & today??? :)

Deesknee said:
Now that SWA has come out with their fares thru beginning of Aug. Will & When will the other airlines match? PLEASE say they will match & today??? :)

They generally will match in the same markets, and usually fairly quickly, just keeping checking. Hope you get the fare you're looking for!

thank you. Do you think within the same day or week?

Deesknee said:
thank you. Do you think within the same day or week?

If I would have to guess, I'd say next week. But there's really no way to know. With the financial situation most airlines are in right now, they're hoping to keep the prices as high as possible while getting people to book tickets.

I have watched the Song/SWA fare match a couple of times now and Song will usually match SWA within a day or so. It appears that as of right now (2/18 at 6:45), Song now has $79.00 flights from MCO to BDL through 8/6, but still has higher priced flights from BDL to MCO, so perhaps their schedules are not as yet completed.

I would keep a close eye on fares today on Song. Good Luck!

In the Philly market - which SWA joined last May - matching fares usually begins right away.

Well if SW sells out of the cheap fares while you are waiting, they won't match.... I think they sometimes wait to see "how many" seat SW has at the low fare. If SW sells out in day one or so, they see no need to match.

Right now, for the days I need to get from DTW to MCO in June, the fare is $306 per person for a flight that requires a change of plane. NWA has the same fare for a non-stop. MY guesss is that they have NO need to lower fares.

If you noticed, SWA had a 15% drop in profits fourth quarter, so I think that they are going to be less willing to give away any seats this summer.

pinnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter