• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

When I was there last week they were working away. Hopefully it will be open for the summer crowds.

It's good to know that progress is being made - I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's open the second week of August :)

Well, the word on the streets is that July 3rd will be the grand opening. (I'm assuming that soft openings will occur before the grand opening)
http://www.power96.com/index.php?page=212

Live Broadcast from Universal Studios
Friday, July 3rd, 2009

Universal Studios- Orlando

2pm-6pm

Join Lucy Lopez as she Broadcasts Live from Universal Studios to celebrate the Grand Opening of their new Rollercoaster "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit!"

:sad1: I am so disappointed that we will be missing this! I was really hoping they would have it up by early June.

I guess we will just have to plan a few days at US/IOA next year ;)

if the grand opening is July 3 when would be the earliest they would start the soft openings:confused3 we will be there June 7-11 and are really hoping to try it:banana:

There's no way to know when the soft openings will start. We'll have to wait until the employee previews are announced. It's usually a few days after emp. previews but no word yet on when the emp. previews will be.

We will be there June 19th and 20th so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Does anyone know with prior attractions how often before official opening dates that soft openings began. I know that doesnt necessarily mean anything, just trying to keep the hope alive.

We will be there June 19th and 20th so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Does anyone know with prior attractions how often before official opening dates that soft openings began. I know that doesnt necessarily mean anything, just trying to keep the hope alive.
Well...to give you an idea...Manta is set for the grand opening on 5/22 but Sea World has been having soft openings for a week now. I don't know if that's any indication on what Universal will do but there it is.

Well...to give you an idea...Manta is set for the grand opening on 5/22 but Sea World has been having soft openings for a week now. I don't know if that's any indication on what Universal will do but there it is.
Hope they have some soft openings when I am there june 21-28 but if not I will be happy just to be at Universal :thumbsup2

I'm dying for this to be open when I'm there on 17th July- 1st August. What are the chances?

I'm going July 6th....please let it be open...and please let me use my FOTL pass!! :cool1:

Yea, I'm there July 3-10th and hope they use FOTL privelige.:thumbsup2 I'm also hoping they have AP pass preview early mornings.

I'm not holding my breath for FOTL for the soft opening because they didn't let you use it for Simpsons. That probably means DH will wait the required hour or whatever to ride it during that timespan, while I will wait till it's officially open and I can flash my premier pass. I'm anxious to ride it, but I'm also allergic to lines.

Wow, that lift hill is wild! :scared1: We'll be there over Labor Day weekend so hopefully it's smooth sailing by then. Their website says the height requirement is only 51" so ds8 is just tall enough. I hope the harness locks down tight cuz he's a skinny little 52 pounder with a tiny heiney. ;) Funny thing though, he's still too short for Dr. Doom. :confused3

I can't wait!!!:woohoo::cool1:

Thank God for FOTL!!:worship:

Wow, that lift hill is wild! :scared1: We'll be there over Labor Day weekend so hopefully it's smooth sailing by then. Their website says the height requirement is only 51" so ds8 is just tall enough. I hope the harness locks down tight cuz he's a skinny little 52 pounder with a tiny heiney. ;) Funny thing though, he's still too short for Dr. Doom. :confused3

I can't wait!!!:woohoo::cool1:

Thank God for FOTL!!:worship:

My DS is 51 now and 6 years old. When we to he will be just turning 7 and he is hoping to be tall enough to ride. He is also 52 lbs and skinny. Last summer he barely made the 48 for ROTM and loves that ride, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter