When will BC/BWV/WL get with the 21st century?

deerh

DIS Veteran
Ok, going to ask a question to the diser'ers out there...

When are BC/BWV/WL get with the program? I mean about FLAT SCREEN TV'S???? AKL has them, Cont has them, I wonder when DVC will replace the "old style" tv to the "new" ones?

Also, would you be willing to pay more in dues (or would we?) to get the Flat screen tv's??

Just want to throw it out there....

For me: YES, give me flat screen, and would be willing to pay more for it..
After all, they ARE getting cheaper!!

deerh

I honestly don't spend my vacation watching TV. I don't have kids so I can't compare to those families that do have children. I would much rather spend time at the pool or a park than sitting in front of a television when I can do that at home. Flat screens are nice but lets get DVD players first and then work our way up!

I do not have flat screen tvs at home and do not want an increase of dues to pay for them at dVC.

Wouldn't mind having them. We do spend a lot of time in the room and having a decent TV is nice.

I'm with you....I have stayed at some Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Express and Hilton Garden Inns for Business and they all upgraded to them...I think Disney should too.

Nope, I'm fine with what we have at BCV until the armoires need to be replaced.

So many other things for which to use dues.

I didn't know AKL had them...or do you mean the new AKVs? CR and Polynesian do since their rehabs but before that they had truly small TVs.

They would also need to replace the cabinets to fit the TV's. I would rather they wait until they would normally replace them, not a special order which would increase dues.

I attended the BWV annual meeting in 2003 and they said they were going to be adding HDTV's to the villas. Almost 4 years later, I don't think it happened.

I am not willing to pay for it.... So I will just vote for waiting until it's time for the normal replacement. I don't really need to what Stacy in HDTV!

We don't spend a lot of time in the room on vacation either so I don't personally care about TVs. But I WOULD like wireless internet in every room and villa.

Yes, I would like them--but I am not willing to pay for them. The real reason that I would like them is not for tv watching at all (we don't watch it much), but b/c then we could get rid of the huge cabinets. Think of how much space there would be in the living room without the cabinet?

I wouldn't want an increase in dues to pay for flat screens. Neither would I want an increase to pay for wireless internet, but I would love having wireless at DVC.

TV's can wait. Bring on the new sleeper couch to all resorts first, anyone know if VWL has the new ones yet?
Thanks
Chris

I had forgotten about the cabinets. IF they got new flat screens, the armoir would go away and replaced by something new..

I did mean that the new AKV have flat screens. Also, I hate to tell you, but at some point, they will replace the old tv's to new ones. Maybe 4 years from now, etc,so we WILL pay for the replacement eventually....

Deerh

Yes, I would like them--but I am not willing to pay for them. The real reason that I would like them is not for tv watching at all (we don't watch it much), but b/c then we could get rid of the huge cabinets. Think of how much space there would be in the living room without the cabinet?

I don't have a problem with the TVs as they are now because we use the drawers in the cabinets for clothes storage. If you get rid of them where will there be drawers for that?

I have no desire to pay for fancy TV's.

And what I *really* don't want to do is pay for nice, HDTV's when Disney isn't pumping nice HD-pictures to the room. It always feels ridiculous when you get a hotel room with a TV that looks nice hanging on the wall, but whose actually TV watching experience is actually worse than old TV's that were made to display SD pictures.

I don't have a problem with the TVs as they are now because we use the drawers in the cabinets for clothes storage. If you get rid of them where will there be drawers for that?

The armoire/cabinet could be replaced with something like the Polynesian, CR or GCH have now with the flat screen TVs. The Polynesian has returned to a lower dresser just as it had originally. The TV is above it. I think CR is similar to that.

GCH has sort of a low armoire. One side has a cabinet door with a minifrig behind it. The other side has drawers. The TV fits in a space on the top and there are a couple of cubbies as I recall.

The GF has supposedly started a rehab too and I would guess there will be something similar there too.

I did mean that the new AKV have flat screens. Also, I hate to tell you, but at some point, they will replace the old tv's to new ones. Maybe 4 years from now, etc,so we WILL pay for the replacement eventually....

Deerh

When it's time, I have no problem paying for it. The prices should be lower by then anyway.

When will BC/BWV/WL get with the 21st century?

Ok, going to ask a question to the diser'ers out there...

When are BC/BWV/WL get with the program? I mean about FLAT SCREEN TV'S???? AKL has them, Cont has them, I wonder when DVC will replace the "old style" tv to the "new" ones?

Count me in with those who feel that a flat screen television is extremely low on any upgrade list for the resorts. If they get them, fine. If not, and the current TV's work, then what is the big deal?

I agree that they'll have to replace the televisions eventually. At that time, I'm fine with my dues paying for a replacement. Until then, mark me in the column that says "not willing to pay additional for flat screen".

I'm with DISNEY FIX....converting the sleeper/sofas to the new style is a much greater priority that would benefit many more members.

I don't care much about the TV. I don't watch it much at home, and even less at WDW. That being said....Where would they put a flat screen in an OKW 1 or 2 bedroom unit??? It is currently inside the kitchen island. That certainly wouldn't work. Maybe they would put it above the cabinet in the dining area????

I vote for wireless internet too!

I'm not a big tv watcher, just a few minutes of the news in the morning and the evening. So for me personally, it wouldn't matter if they even had tvs at DVC. And as salmoneous points out, watching a bad (non-HD) picture on a big screen just makes the picture quality seem all the worse.

However, anything that improves the overall guest experience in general (because I know that some folks DO watch more televison than I do) is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The replacement of the tvs is on the near horizon anyway (they'll probably be done by early 2009) so there's no pressing need to do it today. At that time (early 2009) we'll have the added benefit of a digital picture as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter