When was your first visit and how much did you pay?

1981 for me. To this day the old man still raises a glass to Freddie Laker. Without him - we wouldnt have got over there. No idea what it cost (didnt matter when you are 11 after all!).

Only Magic Kingdom open then of course. We stayed opposite Wet n wild on I Drive. Still got fabulous memories of that trip.

Same for us!!! Freddie Laker's Skytrain, I can remember it like it was yesterday. We went with Cosmos, if I remember rightly, and stayed 2 nights opposite Wet and Wild, the hotel is still there - I check it every time I go back! However, in those days you used to stay in Miami or Fort Lauderdale and just take a two day trip up to Orlando. I remember the exchange rate being about $2.45 to the £. I couldn't believe how cheap everything was. You could get a huge breakfast for 99 cents!!!

Pam

Mum and Dad paid for my first trip in 1999 I have no idea how much they paid. DH and I first went together in 2008 and paid £340 each for a week flights, hotel and car.

Holiday was in 1998 and flight and hotel for 2 adults and 2 children was £ 1300 How I wish we could pay that now:cool1:

-NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won our first trip to WDW and my DH says (almost daily) it was the most expensive win ever as it caused the next six trips addiction :goodvibes:

-NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won our first trip to WDW and my DH says (almost daily) it was the most expensive win ever as it caused the next six trips addiction :goodvibes:

Wow you lucky people :cool1: loving that you got the addiction. :lmao:

disneyholic family - i bet you are 21 again ;)

thanks for all your replies, loved reading them, its amazing how the price has changed so much and how we keep on going back no matter how much it has increased, shame our wages don't increase on the same basis :rolleyes:

1996- stayed at LBV was called the Holiday Inn. 10 days there with 7 day tickets 2 day universal booked through jetsave then a week at bahamas. Cost £2600. Flying with Britannia lol.

Our whole holiday back in 94 cost under £2000 for 2 weeks for the 2 of us.

We got a deal where we would stay in one of 4 possible hotels on arrival to keep the price down - our hotel in Kissimmee is now closed down though!

1998 1600 for flights for 2 ad 3 kids, stayed in a motel cant remeber how much and tickets dunno . Tink we spent about 2500 total for 2 weeks

2000 don't remember

2002 3 weeks total 5000 3 weeks, (8 bed villa £400 a week bargain.)

17 days :banana: booked 3 weeks ago , for 2 weeks:
£1800 flights for 2. Car park at gatwick,Car hire, villa and 2 nights at Keys 1000 so prob about 4000 realistically or maybe less but have a grandson now to buy lots of goodies for :)

Our first trip was in June/July 2000 can't remember the price but wouldn't have been much as we only needed flights and tickets. Stayed in my aunt and uncle's villa for free and they drove us around. I do remember we went by virgin and the the airport had a big computer crash was on the plane in a heat wave for 5 hours before we took off.

We went to magic kingdom in 1980 just one day. But our main trips started in April 1997. We stayed at Howard Johnson main gate. We did so much in 2 weeks we take it a lot easier now

1992; my granda paid for my mum, granny, me and my brother to go - my poor dad had to stay at home and work! I was 11 and my brother was 6 and we were the 2 most excited children in the world. No idea how much it cost but we were very lucky, we didn't know anyone else who had been to America, let alone Disney!!

We were supposed to stay at the Quality Inn International but there was construction going in so they moved us to the Clarion Plaza (now Rosen Plaza I think!) which was a bonus! We had the time of our lives.

Fast forward to 2009 and our first family holiday to Florida - me, our daughter who was 5 and my husband. I think we paid around £3000 for 2 weeks at Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando with Thompson, inc our park tickets with no car. We've been back every year since and now stay at Disney - and it gets better every year!! Thanks granda for that first holiday, that's when I was bitten by the bug ;)

Year 2001 I stayed at the Raddisson Twin towers universal- on Kirkman Road, Think its a Doubletree now I booked in the good old Days of Travelcity Direct, flew Airtours and paid £399 Each inc Car hire!

I remember the breakdown of the flights showing as £89 pp for the flight. the Hotel cost the most.

It was from that trip that I fell in love with Disney and epcot and lead me to becoming a cast member there 4 years later.

Our first trip was in August 2011. For two adults and three kids, in total we probably spent about £10,000 including spending money.

- £3200 flights
- £3000 7 nights at SSR, deluxe DDP and tickets
- £700 7 nights at reunion resort
- £900 Discovery Cove
- £400 car hire
- £60 airport parking
TOTAL- £8260

Shows how quickly everything adds up. Discovery Cove really bumped up the price and we haven't been able to justify it. Too much money, lol.

My first visit was in 97 with my parents, stayed in all stars and paid £1800 for four of us two kids two adults 14 nights with tickets this was with portland direct

My first visiti alone was 11 years ago with my hubby and we paid 1500 for virgin holidays package to all stars with tickets but no car

This year two addults and two kids we are paying £5200 for 15 nights okw one bed villa, tickets and virgin flights

For the most recent trip, that's quite cheap! Are you going out of term time? You'll have to let me know how you like OKW. We've chosen SSR this year but are visiting OKW.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi, found these when I was having a tidy up yesterday, two centre holiday back in 1988 with Virgin, 1 week Quality Inn I drive, 1 week Gulf Sands resort Clearwater, £473 each including car hire , price on the back of the three day park ticket says $78, how things have changed...... Flew into Miami back then and drove up the next day

ticket007_zpse727cfe4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And you kept them all! :)

Those were the good (up to not so long ago) days when trans atlantic flights gave you 2 pieces of hold luggage per person too1

My first trip with DH was in 1998. We paid under £750 per per person for 2 weeks.

We flew with Virgin, stayed the first week at the Holiday Inn Black Lake Road which is now a Baymont Inn and has been through at 2 other names that we know of since then! The send week was a 1 bedroom suite at the Sirata Beach Resort on St Petes.

The price included transfers including to St Petes, tickets and even travel insurance!

1983. Haven't a clue how much it cost as my gran n papa paid for it. And now 30 years after that 1st visit, and many visits in between, i have the experience of taking my gran for her last visit and resting place.

In 2011 we booked with First choice and for 3 adults staying offsite in Lake Buena Vista, we paid inc, car park and taxi's etc about £7000,!! Never again, that was self catering and I think I was looking for the security i thought came with a TA. After a lot of mis-information and mis-handling of my husbands needs ( threatening to not take him 3 days before we flew because of his wheelchair)

Well this time we are booking direct with Disney and Hotel (SSR) , flights dining and everything will only be about £5500 ( that's everything from the taxi to the train station to arriving back at home)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter