• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When was your first post on the board

shirley 38

DIS Veteran
The first time I posted on the board was back in October of 1999.
I remember Barb from the community board came into our store and gave me the site address.
I also remember the big thing we discussed back then was Disney store pins.

So I have been on the board for 1 year and 9 months.
It has been a good friend to me. shirley

WOW.......I registered the end of February 2000 after our trip to Disney World.....I lurked for a bit first tho! I learned of this board from SHIRLEY38! And let me tell you......this board and the Disney pins were a life saver for me.......I think I would have crashed totally....and seriously, not so sure I would be here today if it were not for the kindness and love of the Pin Pals I met on the DIS. I am still working thru my depression and anxiety, good days, bad days.......but glad to be back.....my life has more order now......THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Lynnie

My first post was in December of 99 after we decided to go to Disneyworld the following year. I am pretty sure it would have been on the Theme park board although I think I remember there being fewer boards at that time. I have been through several change overs and crashes and changes but I still read and lurk mostly. I don't even remember what my first post on this board was although I think it was about pressed pennies since this was bpa (before pin addiction).

I found the board by doing a search for an upcoming trip on Feb 2000 so it was around Oct/Nov 99.

My first post was about 2 weeks later asking for advice on the Community Board. I was hooked after the first response.

My first post... Was 12/99... Seems like yesterday...

Our first post was on April 23, 2000. Don't ask me why I remember the exact day.. long story :rolleyes:

We found the DIS from a listing in a Disney travel book.. and well the rest is history!

Mine was early this year. I recall asking for help finding Rex and Hamm!

My first pin was actually three of those Millennium dancers flex pins. I could not find anyone to trade with at the parks! I asked a CM and she turned me down and then I felt too shy to ask again, so I brought the three pins back home.

I got on ebay and got me a Simba cub pin, Bambi, Flower.. It took me a while before I decided to concentrate on AK pins. I ended up in this alt.rec. board where people were at each other's throats over pins! I stumbled upon this board after doing a search in Google, I think. I recall thinking: "Man, these people can be civil after all".. Hehehe

Not only did I end up meeting CT's great bad influences such as Peggie, Cynthia, Dom, Leslie (hehehe - don't hit me, guys) who taught me how to trade and upkeep my pins, I stopped buying those hideous travel packages.

So, definitely this board is an awesome asset and I am glad to be a member of it.

Wanda

My first post was in September of 1999, but that was on the DVC board. My first post here was in January of 2000 -- asking for newbie advice since we were going to do our first pintrading at WDW in February. Parkhopper and Sorcerer replied to that first post and were very patient answering all of my questions. I am still very grateful to Suzie, Vince and Jonie for making me feel so welcome here!

My first post was on July 20, 2000. Well my first post as Figgy. I think i posted a few times as Britt before that...

My first post was a year ago. Maybe this very day? Thanks to Shirley38. I came into the King of Prussia store & I was buying pins & Shirley told me about this board. I will always be greatful Shirley, thank you. Peggy Anne :)

I first signed on April 24, 2000-- one day after Matt and Lauri! :)

Geez Louise!!! I can't remember what I did yesterday and you guys can remember when/what you first posted!!! :jester: I only know I registered in Apr 2000 and that's 'cause this board told me so. :jester: :tongue: I lurked for a long time before I had enough nerve to post.

My first post was on Nov. 26th, 2000. I was looking for Villains pins. (No surprise there!) I had decied to make my own set with a painted background. I have yet to finish it but I have been working on it a little more of late.

:confused:

I have to wing this one.

About the same time as NAT. 12/99

My first topic. A guess. I probably said to my self.

SELF--------I hate "BLINKIN" Dangle Pins.

I had always been laid back, bashful, a personality like watching paint dry. Similar to Steve, Z & X's DAD.

Shirley made me do it. You know ; like therapy. I even switched from Coke to Pepsi. Just like Steve.

How do you remember that far back. I am now looking for the hacksaw I had 20 minutes ago.

john58, er john59 or 60 or soon to be 61
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have all of you beat, but I'll be darned if I can remember the date.

I started posting here before Disney had started the pin craze. After they realized I had a bunch of "stuff" I was asked to Host. ;)

We would talk about cookie jars, books, lithos, cels, toys, salt & pepper shakers, mugs, etc. Everything BUT pins because they weren't around then.

Boy, have times changed!:)

Time for me to come back out of the woodwork! LOL

I started posting on the DIS before it had multiple boards...back when it was still www.wdwinfo.com :) I think I found it when I was planning my trip for June of 1998...I lurked for a LONG time before posting!

While I have only been posting on this board since October of 2000, I have been reading and posting on the DIS since it was one board. I can't remember how far back, but I am pretty sure it was 1997, and probably earlier.

I used to mostly on the DVC board, but that was bpa, as Duckfan dubbed it.

I have the most wonderful friends here. Disney is the glue that keeps my family together -- not an easy task for a family with two teen-age sons and a much younger daughter. But pin trading has turned that glue into cement. I post here almost daily, but my entire family lurks constantly!

I wonder if anyone has a timeline of the incarnations of the DIS? Then would certainly help me figure out my starting point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter