When was "THE" moment you fell in love with WDW?

I think I really really feel in love with Disney in 2002.
It was our second trip. My DD(7) and DS(6) were crazy about Peter Pan at the time. Everything was Peter Pan! So I decided to Book The Family Tour. At the end of the tour Peter Pan made such a fuss about them because thery both had Peter Pan on their shirts. Peter took my son's hand and WEndy took my DDs and they marched down Frointerland singing with them and laughing I was walking behind crying the whole time. It was just a very magical experience!

:woohoo: Thank you Peter and Wendy! :banana:

Disney just has such a way with children.. I remember too when my DD wore her princess dress and wanted to keep in on. The CMS kept calling her princess and making such a fuss over her. They really are wonderful!

One of my first memories ever is from my 2nd trip to WDW, I was around 2 or 3. I remember Cinderella waving at me going by in her coach in the Spectromagic parade, I was in total awe. I think that's when I fell in love, I think that's why it has stuck with me for so long.

I'm reminded of why I love Disney every trip, but this my favorite moment. We were in disney with my two girl cousins who were around 7 and 10 at the time. We went to the AK and they wanted to go to a character greet to see Pooh. When we got to one a cast member said that Pooh was taking a break and would be back soon. We walked away; but all of the sudden Pooh came up behind us, took my 7-year-old cousin by the hand and they walked back to the greet together. Just seeing the silouette of the two of them was enough to remind me of what Disney is all about. :sad:

Alot of these stories are bringing back memories of when I was 8 and on my second trip to WDW. My biggest regret is not going back in my late teens or some time in my twenties. But at age 33 I rediscoved the magic. My GF(DW now) drug :rotfl2: :rotfl2: me down there for a stay at ASMov's. I was an 8 yo again. Keep them coming everyone.

I don't know how many times I have been to WDW...it has been a part of my life since March 1972...I was six. My parents were kind enough to take my sister and I every year growing up. When my DH and I had our first child it began a multi-trips a year lifestyle. Disney is simply a part of my soul.

When you walk underneath the train station and enter Main Street, the smell of popcorn always makes me think of my dad. And I smile. The hustle and bustle in the Harmoney Barber Shop makes my boys return to babies in my mind's eye. Passing the Emporium and seeing the princess dresses in the windows puts a lump in my throat and makes it hard to swallow. It takes me back to my DD, now almost 14, standing in Tinkerbelle's Treasures clutching a Belle dress to her little body and her eyes sparkling with hope as she asks if she could have it. She waited almost two years for that gown of gold...and we still have it. That DD takes the time on DCL to get photo with Belle almost every cruise, because she knows that I love it.

Disney is a tie that bonds a family in subtle little ways. Almost imperceptible...yet ever strenghtening the threads of a family. Thank you for the joys and the tears, the laughter and the fireworks! It is a world we will continue to enjoy and explore!

Wishing you all pixie dust,
:tink:
tomspixie

My DGF (now DW ) "made” me go to WDW one spring break when we were in college in 1995. I had no idea what WDW was, and I had no interest in going. Of course, she won out and I relented to stay there a few days while we were in Florida for the week. Now, we are from Michigan, and I thought that the MK was WDW. Near us is Cedar Point, a terrific amusement park. I thought that WDW was just an other amusement park, but for little kids.
We had reservations to stay at POFQ (which at the time was called Dixie Landings ) for 3 nights.
The entire car ride I was making jokes about how awful this was going to be. That all changed as we approached the grounds of POFQ. They were so beautiful and well manicured. The resort was just nothing that I expected and I felt like a king. I was hooked at that point. I came to realize that WDW was not an amusement park, but an unbelievable “World”.
Since we have gotten engaged there, had our honeymoon, joined DVC, brought our DD, and visited many other times.

I never went to a disney theme park as a kid. My neighbor went to DL, and rode the monorail, and went to the park. I was GREEN with envy.

When I was in my mid-20s, I was in LA on business, somewhat near Anaheim and had a free night. I went to DL...arrived about 6pm and wandered mesmerized down Main Street. I ended up in Fantasyland as it got dark and all the lights went on. My first ride was Mr. Toad. Stood in line behind a British family who were singing the song from Mr. Toad.

I was smitten, and have been ever since.

I've finagled my way to a disney park 18 times since then. Not a lot of times compared to some fans, but still a remarkable accomplishment considering I live 1000 miles away and have a husband who would prefer root canal to going to WDW. :rolleyes:

Over the years in times of stress, I spend more time WDW trip planning. Then I get distracted for a year or so, then come back to it. :sunny: Disney is my comfort zone.

Mine was when my boyfriend and I went alone together last May. It was so great to share that experience with someone else who actually WANTED to be there and do EVERYTHING! Just to see his face light up at the sight of Mickey was the best feeling in the world

My "BIG" moment was actually just this past December our last night at the Polynesian, it had been cold & raining all day, we gone to AK that day but only made it till 1pm because we were soaked to the bone and cold. After a sad afternoon of packing and watching it rain we went and sat at the bar in the lounge waiting for our time at 'Ohana we had an AWESOME time. The food was amazing the drinks were amazing it was a blast.

Then as we were walking back to our room, the rain had stopped it had warmed up and felt wonderful! We walked down to the beach and watched the fireworks over the lagoon. It was amazing it was just the 3 of us and then another family showed up 1/2 way through. But it was like we had that beach and fireworks show all to ourselves. :cloud9:

I was so sad to be leaving the next day. Now I'm trying to justify another trip in less than a year. :rolleyes1

Was our first trip w/ ds age 2.5 at the time. I had been to WDW as a child myself, a young adult w/ friends, and later w/ coworkers. Even w/ dh 4mths after we were married. :goodvibes

But it wasn't until we returned w/ ds2.5 and stayed ON-SITE that I fell in love w/ the world. We stayed at ASMo and the Dolphin. Loved both for different reasons. But it was the magic in my sons eyes as he took in all that was around him that made Disney forever a spot in my heart. :love: We have since been w/ ds 4 and dd1...ds5.5 and dd2.5 and most recently when 6 and 3. They (and us) LOVE the World. :cloud9:

Back when I was a little girl every sunday evening was spent laying on the floor waiting for tinker bell to fly around the castle and begin that weeks episode of The Magical World of Disney.

My parents woke me up in the middle of the night had me grab my blanket and pillow and get in the back of the car we were "going for a ride". Picked up my grandparents didn't ask any questions, rolled over went back to sleep. We kept driving , me not knowing where.

Turned down a long road, parents ear to ear grin, ooo goose bumps, we were pulling into the parking lot of Walt Disney World!! I remember everything that happpened ( I was 6) I remember throwing up on the The Mad Tea party, my grandfather went with me, he never did rides, skinning my knees when I fell in parking lot leaving on our last day histarically crying cause I thought I would never be there again,( planning 16th trip this Oct) jumping in the lagoon with father at Discovery Island, giggling at the ghost on my lap in The Haunted Mansion...I could go on forever...with my children now..ooodles of Love alll over again and again!

Couldn't think of a better place to celebrate this fall my sis-in-law b'day, my 40th, wedding annivarsary (Oct31st!!)

MommaMouse said:
... every sunday evening was spent laying on the floor waiting for tinker bell to fly around the castle and begin that weeks episode of The Magical World of Disney.
One of my favorite childhood memories

I practically grew up at WDW. I have always loved Disney but I also had the advantage of going whenever I wanted to. As a young child my parents were both working there and my grandparents would take us for the day to go visit them. My Aunt and Uncle both work there and my and Great Aunt also works there. My sister started working there when she was 16 and was there for three years. So naturally, when I was 18 I got a job there too. I worked at Toontown attractions and to this day is still the best job I have ever had.

Although I had been to WDW more times than I could ever count, I didn't truly fall in love with Disney until I fell in love with my boyfriend. He was working as part of the College Program and we started to get along and visit all the parks together. There is no better place to fall in love....fireworks every night, romantic dinners and it was just a great place to get to know each other. I remember standing on a chair trying to watch Illuminations over at the United Kingdom in Epcot. My boyfriend was supporting me so I wouldn't fall and there was this moment while the music was playing and fireworks filled the air and I just caught a glimpe of him looking at me. It was then that I knew I loved him and I loved Disney.

Another great memory for me was when I was working over in the Hall of Fame.....There was this boy in Cinderella's room who just felt he was too old to be taking pictures with Cinderella and Snow White. He was standing there just trying to amuse his parents when out of no where, Cinderella and Snow White ambushed him and gave him a kiss on either cheek. The shocked look on his face was classic. It was also perfect timing that the photographer flashed the camera. I have never forgot that moment because I knew for that family it was truly a magical Disney moment.

I fell in love with Disney when I was a teen visiting with friends. I had tears in my eyes as the castle came into view. It was so much bigger than when I watched the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights.It was then I began to dream of one day being happily married and bringing a family to this wonderful place. My dream did come true. My husband(then fiance) worked at the world during college. That was a loooong time ago. We took our first family vacation last Sept. and have another one planned for this Sept. :yay:

Many years ago, on a first date with someone, he took me to Epcot to dinner at Chefs de France. It all seemed to elegant and I felt so special to be there!! That started the madness, back in 1990!

Went to disney as a kid with my parents. Then went with DH ::MickeyMo for our Honeymoon. 2 years ago was able to go back this time as the parent and with my 3 kids. My DD princess: wanted so desparately to see Alice in Wonderland. We got to the park early and watched the characters welcome us to the MK. My DD looked up with saucer eyes and right above us was Alice. Just to see the look on my DD face and the biggest smile I've ever seen brought tears to my eyes. That is when I knew in my heart that Disney was a magical place where everyones dreams can come true!

My brother and I grew up in a family with parents that didn't drive. So when other kids were driving all over the country going on vacations we spent our summers out of school hanging around the neighborhood park, going to museums, zoos and ballgames. Where ever the bus could take us, we went! My frist visit to Walt Disney World came in June of 1980, I was 19 years old. It was a big trip for me, my first time on a plane, and the first time that I went anywhere without an "adult" along for the trip. The first time my two girlfriends and I got to the Magic Kingdom and we walked through the turnstyles and you could hear the music playing, I knew I was hooked for life.

The most memorable Disney Trip I took was a full family vacation in 1988. My parents, grandmother, brother, my husband and my daughter all took the trip together. Once again it was the first time on a plane for Mom & Dad, Brother, Grandmother and my daughter who was only three. What a great experience it was to see everything through their eyes!

Needless to say after that the entire family was hooked and we started visiting as often as we could. My parents and Grandmother are gone now and my DD will be turning 21 next month...But I will never forget that first magical family trip and the smiles that everyone had!

114079WDW_8-8-88-med.jpg
Kelly and her Grandpa, Nana and Honey 1988

Bumping this one in hopes of hearing about the moment YOU feel in love with WDW (rereading this thread brings lots of smiles). :goodvibes :cloud9:

when the mrs to be convinced the mr to be to go to WDW in
the fall of 98 but mr wanted to go to a nice tropical isl.
walking down main street the 1st time pretty KOOL. got hooked
and now 8 yrs later DH DW AND DS3 are now members of DVC.
cant get enuff of the Mouse

Dixie landings 9/98 honeymoon
All star sport 9/99
off site 05/01
Bwv 11/04
Akl 03/05
SSR 11/05 1st trip home
BCV 11/06 2nd trip to a NEW HOME

For me I actually fell in love with DL when I was just a kid.. .we went many times... but didn't go to WDW till I was 16. We only did 1 day... and only a half day Epcot and rest at MK so I don't have major memories but smells from epcot and touring there.

My real Magic moment came when we took oru DS 9 and DD 8mos to DL (10-2004) and we first went under the train and got a glimpse of Main street... Wendy was there giving autographs and when it was DS turn she made him blush and she was oogling all over my DD and even DH had a grin on his face. The whold day was magical.

Our WDW moment would have to be when we first arrived at MK last July for my DH,DS,DD first WDW/Florida experience the looks on their faces as we walked down main street and Cinderellabration was just about to start was glorius... I couldn't believe the luck that we would see that the first thing when we got there. Watching them watch the show made me just cry that we could finally afford to do something like this and had the guts to do it. We enjoyed every moment we could for the 7 day passes that we had...

So much fun we went to DL for New Years and are on our way back to WDW again this year ... Told hubby... I'll make the budget work so we can go each place every year...

Thank you all for sharing your memories too... although you all keep making me tear up :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter