When was the last time....

Dismom+two

<font color=purple>Dh and I always refer to it as
You went to a highschool football game??

My DH is a highschool teacher and tonight is the first game...we are leaving the kids at home and going to the game.
I'm actually kind of excited! :rotfl2: It's pretty sad that on a Sat. night I am excited to go to a HS football game. I really need to get out more!! :rotfl2:

Last season :)
The HS needs our Middle School to cheer them on.

Took the girls last night....it was the first home game of the year....before that...I'm sure I went to one last year....

With having High School kids I go to quite a few!

We just went on Thursday night but we really go to see the band not the football team :thumbsup2 .

:thumbsup2 Another one here who goes, but for the BAND! We often leave after the half-time show. The team is usually WAYYYYYY behind by half-time, but the band always ROCKS! Last night was an away game and next week is too. I'm so looking forward to the home opener in 2 weeks. GO BAND! :goodvibes :love:

We went Thursday night as my son plays football and also plays in the marching band. :)

I go to one every few years as dh teaches high school, and the teachers take turns. I'd rather watch paint dry. I hate football and have no use for it being in schools.

We went Thursday night as my son plays football and also plays in the marching band. :)

They let him do both? How's he manage practices? My DD cheers and she doesn't have time for much else. It seems all the practices are at the same time.

last night.. we go very regularly as I have two in High school and one is on the football team..

BTW in our scholl they can't do both football and marching band either... no time for practices or anything else..

We were at a game last night. It was the home opener. Our kids are in the band so we usually stay until the half-time show is over. Unfortunately our football team is not that great but our band is terrific, sometimes I think the crowd likes to watch the band in the stands more than the game.

Last season.....I should avoid them completely. I scream my fool head off. I can't control myself. :rolleyes:
I am very loyal to our high school.:cheer2:

I went to more last year when my daughter was a freshman then I went my entire HS career at the same school. :rotfl:

We will actually go next week and a few others...not only for the band (DD is in it) but because one of her exes is on the varsity team (sophmore....started in one varsity game last year as a freshman...we are proud of him).

It's fun to watch the stands NOT empty out for half time because the band is coming on....plus it will be cool to see if the football team is still great!!

They let him do both? How's he manage practices? My DD cheers and she doesn't have time for much else. It seems all the practices are at the same time.

At our high school marching band is their fall band class so most of the practicing they do during the fall is during the school day. They start practice in July so by this time the show is pretty much put together and they just refine things. They have 2 evening practices/week that start at 6 PM so the kids that are in sports are done and able to do both. Swimming and Volleyball are really the only two sports that can't do both mainly because of performance/tournament/meet conflicts. THe kids that are on the football team will perform at halftime by taking off their jersey and putting on their marching band top but they march in their football pants.

OMG went to my first game since HS tonight. Only reason was my son was in the Homecoming Court. But our family actually enjoyed it and considered going to more games now.

I went to all the games last year because DS is in the band. It's funny because the team is so bad that everyone leaves after half time.

I went to all the games last year because DS is in the band. It's funny because the team is so bad that everyone leaves after half time.

That's more sad than funny to me for the kids on the football team.

The band at my High School was awesome and they would preform again at the end of the game, but the band at my DD's new school plays the National Anthem, then they are done. It's weird...they don't play the fight song when touch downs are scored, no half time show....very strange!!

We were there Friday night-it's a cheap night out on the town. Only 4 more home games this season though....

That's more sad than funny to me for the kids on the football team.

The band at my High School was awesome and they would preform again at the end of the game, but the band at my DD's new school plays the National Anthem, then they are done. It's weird...they don't play the fight song when touch downs are scored, no half time show....very strange!!

The stands are full of band parents - hardly anyone goes to see the football game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter