When was the last time there was a car accident on your road?

Mine is one of the first houses in the development, 20 years ago. No accidents so far.

This was more than just a car accident. About 5 years ago, a police chase ended on my road about 2 houses away. The criminal hit a parked car, got out pointing a gun at the police. He was shot but survived. I don’t think the guy knew the neighborhood very well because our street is not a through street. Very strange day in the neighborhood.

A few years before that, an elderly neighbor hit her accelerator as she was backing out of her driveway. She hit a car that was parked on the road and then continued on and hit the house across the street.

None that I am aware of in the 41 years we have lived here. Doesn't mean they didn't happen. We have a horrible T intersection into my subdivision with no stop signs and some of the people coming to the T cross street don't slow down or yield to through traffic. Our old mailman said he had more than one close call......with the same couple to live near the dead end and while otherwise seem to be upstanding citizens, have lead foots and don't pay attention.

There's much more horse and buggy traffic than cars and trucks on my road. I'm not sure there's ever been an auto accident but there has been horse and buggy mishaps for sure.

I live on a dead-end street with 10 houses on it. I've been here for 25 years and as far as I know, the only thing close to counting as a car accident was the time my tree fell on the neighbor's car and totaled it.

In the 22 years I've lived here, many. We live on a long long road that leads to a major highway.

The last one was 2 weeks ago. I pickup somehow lost his axle just before my house, and the lady behind me swerved to miss hitting it and hit the telephone pole. Luckily no one was hurt.

We've had people drive into the storm gulley in front of the house, and then try to drive out (unsuccessfully).

We've had drunk drivers hit trees, curbs, etc.

The worst one was when 2 college students lived next door. They went out partying, got drunk and drove. Hit a tree on the way home, going almost 50 mph and both were killed on impact. That was a bit farther up the road, but as they say, most accidents happen close to home :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter