• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When To Reschedule

tndisneyfan

DIS Veteran
I have a trip planned the end of April. Like so many others looks like we’re going to have to cancel I was looking at a time to reschedule. I’ve been thinking about early November, but isnt there a bad week somewhere in early November. Seems like theres a week where a whole state gets time off from school. Or I could be remembering wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, Jersey Week is at the beginning of November. Lots of visitors from NJ that week.

I was there during Jersey week for 2019. It was fine. It was busier than my previous week-long trips, which were Labor Day week. But that's not saying much, since that's about the slowest week of the year these days. With park hopping and good use of the FP+ system, we really didn't spend a ton of time waiting in lines. Weather was pleasant. I'd go that week again.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know the exact dates Of Jersey week? We’re pretty flexible, we can go about any time.

I was there during Jersey week for 2019. It was fine. It was busier than my previous week-long trips, which were Labor Day week. But that's not saying much, since that's about the slowest week of the year these days. With park hopping and good use of the FP+ system, we really didn't spend a ton of time waiting in lines. Weather was pleasant. I'd go that week again.
We were there during Jersey week about 4 years ago and it was terrible, not Spring Break/Christmas bad but much worse than normal. However, since then, the parks have become much more crowded, so now there may not be much difference.

New Jersey schools will have off on Nov 5&6 this year. Many families use that week to travel so the kids only have to take 3 days off from school. I have been to Disney that week and it really wasn’t that crowded. We found it very manageable and enjoyable

The Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend is November 5-8. That too is a very popular event, and obviously it overlaps Jersey Week.

I don't think this November is going to a "normal" crowd level month. Between all the re-scheduling due to Corona, F&W, the marathon, Jersey Week and of course Thanksgiving it will probably be much more crowded. We have been there many times in the past (we live in NJ) and it was a great week to go with very nice weather.

I think crowds will be a lot lighter too, at least compared to last year. The economy is going to suffer big time, or at least take a long time to get back to a good place. I have several friends who have been laid off already and I thought that their jobs were pretty secure. It's all speculation though. Nobody knows anything for sure. We're all in uncharted water.
I would say to book your trip now. You'll have a long time to change your mind and cancel if things don't go the way you hope.

We were there for Jersey Week in 2018 and it was very crowded. We avoided the parks with early morning Extra Magic Hours and did Epcot and Food and Wine on weekdays instead of weekends. It is usually the whole first week in November and as someone else said it is also a race weekend. I think this year will be hard to predict crowds with all the cancellations so just do what week is best for you :)

I just had to make the difficult decision to cancel our end of April/early May trip. We are now, tentatively, rebooked for end of August into September.

Hopefully we are all in a better place by then.

If you re unable to go at that time,perhaps purchase some insurance for any oop?
You’d need Cancel for Any reason and good to have pre existent waiver
Good luck. I hope we are in a much better place with this Unseen Enemy by Late summer.
Stay In, Stay Safe n Stay Healthy All.

If you're thinking November, I recommend the week after Thanksgiving. All of the holiday decorations / activities are in full swing and the crowds are not too bad.

But, as those above have stated - it's hard to know what crowds will actually be like. Super busy due to everyone rescheduling their vacations? Or not busy at all due to the economy? It's anybody's guess!

With schools being closed the states may have to have a make up time. Here in Fl schools do make up days if there is closings for hurricanes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter